UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March 21

Jazz

hospital rung. asked me what I think it is! wanted to see me urgently, in 2 months because they arnt allowed to see anyone till then. have another blood test. thats it. what a pile of bull! so havent washed for over a week, nighty is filthy and I stink, but carry on for another 2 months!

so.... got an email from sky last month saying if i kept my mobile contract, ill get a £25 voucher, offer runs out 12 march. just rung, lady speaks to mobile section, they didnt send the email, its a scam, that offer doesnt exist. so why did the number on it come to you at sky? sorry its a scam. but talk to the cancellations team. ok 

lovely lady says yes it was from us, it is real, ill send you a voucher. shes sorted out some other bits on the mobile at no charge

I do hope the first ladys call was recorded as thats not on

• Confused 1

Glad you are feeling a bit brighter Jazz. We've got the dvd of the Rocky Horror, still enjoy seeing Tim Curry in basque etc.

Interesting appointment with my oncologist today.  The cancer has progressed (boo!) but the dilated aorta hasn't got any worse (hurrah!) .  On the downside, I do now have a blood clot in the aorta.  I said maybe it'll patch up the dilated bit, which he found rather funny.  I also have a small amount of pleural effusion but "nothing to worry about." That's ok then.  He umm'd and ahh'd for a while, mentioned tamoxifen then said but that is known to raise the risk of blood clots, so no.  Then exemestane..but that can cause a lot of muscle and bone pain and you won't want that.  Vigorous head shake from me.  Come to the decision that I'll try the oral chemotherapy, much as I don't really fancy the idea.  I have to go over to Sheffield on Monday morning to have a particular blood test to make sure I'm not missing a particular enzyme before they can start me on the chemo...as if you are there is a risk of very serious side effects or death.  He spoke on the phone to a cardiologist and on his advice has given me steroids.  I read the leaflet carefully and it says patients with an underactive thyroid or fibromyalgia shouldn't take them.  As I have both, that's them consigned to the cupboard.  

Just realised, the day I'm due to see him again to start the chemo, blood test allowing, is April 1st! All Fool's Day, hope that's not a bad omen.