UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March 21

Jazz

Lovely weather yesterday and where was I all day and night? Stuck in Chesterfield Royal Hospital! Sent there by an emergency nurse at Weston Park sheffield for a scan ended up with an ECG, a battery of blood tests, a covid test and then up to the EMU to wait for a time for a scan which didn't happen until 4.15. Staggered out of the MRI 45 minutes later, then back to a ward to wait for the result. Long story short, the vertebrae which was pinching a nerve is pinching more.  They wanted to send the screens to Weston Park to find out what if anything could be done and I told them, several of them several times, that they couldn't anything different there! Seems I was wrong, someone just phoned and said more radiotherapy! They've had a meeting and said they can do rt higher up than last time, but the problem is it will overlap previous areas which will lead to more side effects.

She's getting in touch with the rt team to see what and when, they need to do a planning scan first to see if it can be done at all, then it will be either one session, as before or..gulp..ten.  She said would I be happy to come in as an inpatient if it's 10 and I said absolutely not, so they would arrange transport.  No way can Philip keep asking for time off, especially as hes just had a change of manager.

I hope they can do something , Suzeanna.

I am using my old laptop as my other is in for repair and I had forgotten why I got a new one. The 'back' button doesn't work and the letter   'e'is temperamental so I have to go back  and insert it where it has missed.. I t makes typing anything slow.

Today we have what is called a drappin' drouth' and it is cold out.

My new shed arrives  tomorrow and th gardener is putting in a raised bed so I hope the weather is better.

• Like 1

Got to Weston Park for my 9.30 scan, which happened at 10! Then a long wait to see the consultant, she was lovely and we had a good chat.  Ended up talking about the Marvel etc films as she has two teenage boys, she's seen the lot.  She said I could have one big treatment, but there was a serious risk in that of spinal cord damage.  She said ten treatments would be better, although there was still a slight risk it would be much less.  No contest really, so I said ok ten.  They came up with a time plan so I had the first session today, but I had to wait for a machine until1.30.  Philip picked me up at 2 and we were home by 2.45 so rather a long day.  It will be quicker on future treatments as the planning scan was the one which took the time.  She's warned me it will increase the pain, but I can up my morphine if so, and it will probably affect my swallowing.  The treatments this time will slightly overlap the previous ones so the side effects will be worse.  I'm really looking forward to this..erk! I did brighten up the department though, I was wearing flowery multi coloured summer trousers and a bright pink top, got lots of approving looks (well, that or pity!)