UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December at last!

Jazz

Suzeanna, Jenny and her partner have 2 other beagles. One is a pretty good tracker, from same parents as Tiga but a later litter. The other is a rescue who needed a very experienced beagle home. He is super intelligent but hasn't got his nose wired up to his brain yet.

By the way, you are doing better with housework than I am! 

Glad Socks is settling in well.

Was looking at the Jupiter/Saturn conjunction through binoculars today, have been following through the week except when it was too cloudy, watching them get closer to each other. It looks as if it will be too cloudy tomorrow to see when they appear as a super bright double star.

Happy Solstice.

The Christmas star will occur tonight.  Apparently, the best time to see the Great Conjunction will be shortly after sunset, hovering brightest next to the Moon between 4.30pm and 6pm GMT

We had a power cut this morning so I tool Cleo for a walk. At COSTCO cars were at a standstill on the   road trying to get into the car park. Traffic was non stop out and slow  going in. A long queue stretched  over two roundabouts.

It is hard to think Christmas is in 4 days. It just does not seem like Christmas this year. 

Roll on 2021 and better times.

Our little Morrisons was quite busy earlier when I went but the queue wasn't too bad either in or out. I won't be going anywhere near any of the big supermarkets over the water. I think I've got all I need foodwise till after Christmas, as long as the stuff I pre-ordered for pick up is there on Wednesday. Didn't look as if people had been panic buying either - well not yet, anyway.

I echo your sentiments Blackmagic, it really doesn't feel at all like Christmas. Not that we go mad or anything and my son and daughter will still come over for the day. Just feels different, somehow.

Hope we get to see the Christmas star. There's such a low cloud here though, I'm not sure we will.

Too overcast here to see the conjunction.  I have supplies of everything except Wispa's raw food. Shop awaiting delivery, should have come today. We have plenty of kibble if stuck, and I have a few packs of raw which I can eke out.

Topping up fresh veg from market tomorrow, then that's it.

Same here Owl, cloudy and drizzle.  I need to go to Aldi on Wednesday for a few things, then that's done.   My son was hoping to sneak up on Monday but as on the Calendar News they said that 5% of new cases in this area are the new variant thingy, I wouldn't mind betting we are all Tier 4 by Christmas Eve.

I made a complete idiot of myself earlier, went to pick up the click and collect order from Tesco, previously they've put the stuff straight in the boot for me. Today when I asked a bloke I haven't seen before said they can't do that with loose groceries in case they damage them.  I tried to explain about my back and ended up bursting into tears! This from a person who never cries in front of other people and certainly not strangers.  In 30 odd years I think Philip might have seen me cry half a dozen times.  You've never seen a man move so fast, three of them loaded the boot and I dripped my way back home. I think things suddenly hit me, but I hope I don't run across them again, far too embarrassing.

• Sad 1

Don't dwell on it Suzeanna. It is often the simple thing that tips us over the edge. 

I got upset this  morning because we had a power cut. I think it was just the  culmination of the stress of moving 

No star gazing here as it was raining. Weather lady said it might be possible on Christmas Eve as the skies should be clear that night.

Aw don't be too embarrassed by it Suzeanna, they probably saw you as someone in a lot of pain and having a very tough day. If they see you again they will probably load the boot at once, no questions asked.

Too cloudy here to see the planets conjunction.