UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Offerings

Jazz

We had an interesting time earlier.  Philip had an appointment with the Eye Clinic at the Royal at 6.35, he has PCOS following cataract ops, and had one done a year or so ago and the other one needs doing.  They phoned and said they'd had two cancellations so if he could get there earlier, that would be great.  We jumped in the car, started driving down and the road and both said what the hecks that noise? Answer, a very flat rear tyre.  Turned around and went back home! We have one of those temporary tyre things in the boot so he put that on, we looked at the time and off we went again, slowly (you aren't meant to drive fast on those.) Got to the clinic, they said I'd have to sit in the car, so  I decided to drive back home and wait for a phone call.  Only been back about ten minutes, phone call come and get him. Last time he had it done, it was one appointment to take measurements, then go back four weeks later to have the procedure.  I asked when did he have to go back..answer was, he doesn't.  The consultant did it there and then! Just got to hope there are no bad effects, it can cause retinal tear and a couple of other things.

Now I'll have to phone National Tyres tomorrow to see if they can sort the righ tyre for the car.  Cars are wonderful things, until they have problems!

Sorry about your friend, Jazz.

Hope Philip has a good recovery from eye op. 

A lot colder this morning, but I am hoping for a frost at some point to bump off the mites that cause seasonal canine illness, and to get the red wasps at the end of my garden to shut up shop for the winter so I can tidy up the fast growing Russian vines where they live.  I have been learning more about them. Unlike the yellow wasps who have one queen who overwinters while the rest die off, they have a lot of queens who all overwinter. The average colony has 450 workers, 150 drones and 200 queens. 

im sorry, your posts didnt come up till now. i hope his eyes are ok. Im waiting for cataract checks, she said it will be a long time. my friend went to her optician, who said she has cataracts and knows a private hospital who will do them on the nhs. depends on who you talk to it seems

Well done on the shopping, Jazz!

Weather much the same here, Owl.  I phoned National Tyres as soon as they opened and they had one tyre in stock that was the correct one, luckily.  Blooming expensive though, over £150! Philip gave me his credit card, so not so painful for me as for him.

I think he's a bit disappointed regarding his eye, when he had the other one done he said the improvement in clarity was striking and immediate, not so with this one.  The guy who did it said the problem with this eye was peripheral rather than central, which might explain it.  The good thing is he has one strong eye and one weak one and it's the weak one that's not so good, so not so important.

Blood test tomorrow at the hospital, hope it'll be ok as it usually is, then I won't need to go to clinic on Friday, I can just collect the next lot of medication.

I got the dogs pork rinds from the pet shop, £1.50 each, they loved them, so went on ebay, got 2kgs of offcuts, £12.50. they were due thursday, when im hoping to be helping at my friends bungalow, they have just come. loads in it, and decent sizes

Been lovely here today, sunny and not too cold. Dogs were out on pack walk so mostly a peaceful day. Builders here again replacing the paving. Seems to be dragging on for ages as the boss is a perfectionist but it's looking really good so far. Fingers crossed for dry weather for the rest of the week so they can hopefully get it finished.

Great result on the shopping Jazz. So pleased you're feeling up to getting out and about just now.

Good luck on the blood test tomorrow Suzeanna. Sorry Philip's disappointed with his eye procedure.

Very worried about my friend who lives near Derby. One of her old dogs became ill with kidney failure and went downhill fast last month, and she had to say goodbye. Another oldie who she had taken on a couple of years ago after owner died, became very poorly over Friday night and had to be pts Saturday morning. And now a lurcher who she trapped when he was on the run 7 years ago and ended up keeping, is at emergency vet and it's not looking good.

Oh lord Owl..what a miserable time she's having, I can see why you are worried about her. Some years ago now we had to say goodbye to two of our poms within two weeks of each other, that was very hard.  Fingers crossed the lurcher can be saved.

How dare you have nice weather Eve when we're chilly and wet! Hope we get photos of the paving once it's done to the boss's satisfaction, and yours of course.