UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Offerings

Jazz

Certainly not Owl, it's done very well!

I was rather pleased that the last lot of rads hasn't brought my skin out bright red and sore until it dawned on me that it's gone in, rather than out and the inside of my mouth on that side is...red and sore! Eating anything remotely solid really hurts, so it's going to be porridge and soup for me for a while.  Oh well, I need to lose weight!

Candy goes to have her stitches out this afternoon, it has all healed very nicely so shouldn't be a problem.  The next thing in store for her is a tooth needs to come out, unfortunately one of her canines. The vet said age related tooth deterioration. Shame you can't claim for teeth on the insurance!

Hope you like porridge and soup Suzeanna! You could put a roast dinner in the blender for a bit of variety.  You can have jelly and ice cream for pudding lol, or custard when you fancy a change. (Sorry, I know it's not funny for you.)

Good news re Candy healing so well. Didn't realise you couldn't claim for dental work on insurance.

Hope your van repair bill isn't too expensive Owl.

Only £10 more than the original estimate with a Parker part, so not complaining. The concern was whether the new part would fit the existing wiring loom or whether adaptations would need to be made which is time consuming. Luckily everything fitted and Lizzie is back home with fully functioning wipers. 

Good morning. Staying safe here. Sadly my plans for an escape over Halloween and Bonfire night have gone pear shaped.  A friend's son has a little organic holding with a basic campsite including a shepherd's hut and a caravan. It's only about 35 miles away and very secluded. I was looking forward to spending a few days there, had not actually booked yet fortunately, but friend's son has hit a major midlife crisis and has not only fallen out with most of his family but decided coronavirus does not exist/is only flu/is caused by 5G/etc. He is very militant about his beliefs. Not sure how he can believe all of those things at the same time, but he doesn't do logic. His sister is a nurse in a Covid unit, and he still thinks it is a hoax. So if I stayed at his site not only would it be a slap in the face for my friend, his mum, who he has insulted on social media and disowned, but I would feel unsafe staying somewhere with no precautions where people would be in my face and laugh at me for masking. 

So it looks as if Wispa and I will just have to go out every night over the season and sit it out either in somewhere so noisy she doesn't notice fireworks or flashes, or somewhere totally remote. 

people annoy me. the fundraising group i was admin on, stepped up when people couldnt help, comforted the boss. got bullied by the boss for months, didnt rise to it. she has unfriended me and thrown me off the 2 groups. messaged me to say as our friendship has broken down she couldnt have me as admin. i laid into her. she didnt like it, kin shame, so i told her all she has done. its in writing, she cant denie it. some kin people!

Sorry about your friend, Jazz.  As you say, a comfort for her to know Dylan will be looked after.  Don't fret about the other lot, as we say in Yorkshire, there's nowt as queer as folk!

Owl, the problem with fireworks is they don't seem to be confined to 5th November any more, they could go off at any time and any place.  Your friend's son sounds rather unbalanced..has he always been this way or is it recent? Something a doctor ought to be told about?  Thankfully so far as fireworks go Candy isnt at all bothered.  Our late lurcher Dylan was absolutely terrified of them, and thunder.

when the last lot of fireworks went off, it was the first time ever that I didnt have a reactive dog. got 2 new ones since then, so we will see.

went out with lewis up the field, first time for 6 months. we had 4 between us, and the zimmer, lewis was frazzled. I said I take these on my own lol

Jazz, sometimes people are just plain horrid and tell lies for no reason and it's awful when it is a friend you have helped out, but nothing you can do.

Sorry to hear about your friend in hospice, hope they can keep her comfortable and that she has a peaceful departure. At least she won't be worried about little Dylan. 

Suzeanna, there is very little anyone can do about my friend's son. You can't get someone to see a doctor if they think the problem is everyone else. He has always been a bit excitable but nothing like this.  He is early 50s and runs his own business successfully, one of the few lines of work which is prospering at present.  In any case,  it takes at least 6 months to get an appointment with a psychiatrist round here at the best of times, and it's hard enough to see a GP for anything at all.