UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Offerings

Jazz

Been heavy rain here most of the day. Got the dogs out for a walk before it started properly but that was it. Did a bit of hoovering and cleaning then just read for the rest of the afternoon. Hope you all had a more productive and/or interesting day.

Continuing good thoughts for Philip - hope he feels better soon.

Thanks Eve, he got up for a while and took Candy out then went back to bed for another couple of hours.  He says he feels ok for a while then he starts shivering again.  One of those strange bugs no doubt.

Are all your daffodil bulbs going in the garden, or do you put them in pots too? I can't have too many daffs, they make Philip very wheezy unfortunately.  My daughter sent us a bouquet of roses and lilies for our anniversary, and the lilies had a similar effect, even when I'd cut the stamens out! 

I had an email from a friend who used to live near Leeds but is now back in Scotland, she's finding the whole lockdown thing very hard to deal with as her husband's English family are down here and they can't come to see the new grandchild.

Hope your weather is better tomorrow!

I have bulbs everywhere Suzeanna, shoved in pots, planters and any spare bit of soil. I never know what is going to pop up where as I never remember what I've planted. Nice surprise come spring though. Poor Philip would never survive in my garden as I've also loads of lilies everywhere too.

If I was your friend's family I would go and see their new grandchild, unless it was in the central belt (Glasgow to Edinburgh). Lots of people are still going to stay with or visit family. I'm sure they would be extremely careful and Yorkshire isn't a high risk area yet is it?

You don't spoil your dogs at all, do you Jazz?😄

A lot of magpies live in the trees backing the gardens on our part of the street.  I don't know what's ruffling their feathers at the moment but there's a lot of swearing going on, and yesterday about half a dozen of them hurtled out of their trees, landed in our cherry tree and set up a lot of flapping and more swearing, then exploded out of the tree and landed on our roof where they continued to make a heck of a row.  I was scanning the sky for a hawk or something that might have upset them, but I couldn't see anything.  They obviously all just got out of the wrong side of the roost!

spoilt? naaaaaaa they might have 4 cupboards of stuff and now taken over the pan cupboard lol

its actually strange. we had barely any food growing up, no heating or hot water. I used to hoard food for me, but now I hoard the dogs and dont worry about me lol saying that, 7 dogs here, need a bit in lol

Edited by Jazz

Eve, thanks again. BT sorted thanks to Customer Resolution Team.

None of the cancellations had gone through. He will investigate why -system error or operator error?

He has stopped all action on my account  . He told me to ignore  the bill just issued which is my normal monthly bill as a final bill will come out, which will still be wrong as it will bill me up to today instead of the 15th. He will sort that out once the bill is issued.

Hopefully, that is the end of it. 

I hope Phillip is  feeling better. Shivering in an adult is a sign of a high temperature.

• Like 1

Glad you got your BT things sorted.  Philip says more likely operator error, going by the mess they make when their own employees try to get things done. He feels very achy and sleeping a lot, think it's either a light dose of man flu or similar, not the dreaded Covid.

• Like 1

Morning Jazz.  Miserable start to the day weather wise here, just for a change.  I see South Yorkshire is now in Tier 3, at this rate everywhere from Watford Gap up will be.  They might as well have a full lockdown again, and of course once it stops all the cases will rise again.