UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Offerings

Jazz

I did it! got the money changed up, had a bacon sandwich, and kept it down, went to the pet shop, and went in the charity shop! got a neck pillow im going to use on my arm in bed, might sleep better. cant see straight now, but did it yeaaaa

Glad you managed ok Jazz.

We regarded the sky with some doubt but decided we'd go for our drive anyway, had a mixture of sunshine (briefly) light showers and heavy ones, but still had an enjoyable mystery trip.  I say mystery because once we got up past Ashford in the Water Philip took a wrong turning and we didn't have a clue where we were going, but never mind..great scenery and we got back where we wanted to be in the end. We didn't take Candy today as we knew we weren't stopping anywhere and last time we did a longer journey with her she threw up, so we thought she'd be happier snoozing at home.  We did stop at Burger King in Chesterfield and she got some of that and now she's gone for her walk, so she's happy.

Yikes! when we drove through Ashford in the Water, Philip said bet the property is expensive here. I just checked with Zoopla...a 2 bed cottage £250.000!!! Mind you there's one in Bakewell, also 2 bed for £350.000! Next village up from us is Ashover and property there is very pricey as it's a desirable area. Desirable in that there are lots of stone built cottages and no flipping shops! Our house may not be choccy box, but all main shops, vet doctor (when open) etc are within easy reach.  Much prefer that.

Well done, Jazz. 

Prices are insane in some places.  Here there is around 40-50% difference in similar houses in nearby villages.  It's a status thing, as well as stone vs brick built.  My village is unfashionable. I could never have afforded anything in the surrounding villages of Tickhill (very upmarket), Bawtry (nearly as posh) and Styrrup. 

Sunny day, did laundry and most of it brought in, feeling a bit too tired to go anywhere this evening so I hope Wispa won't mind as she has had some good outings over the last few days. 

Van needs new wiper motor, expensive on parts and labour, dread to think what it would cost in some places but my mechanic keeps costs down.

Glad you had such a productive day Jazz.

Sounds like an interesting trip out Suzeanna.

House prices round here are pretty reasonable. Probably because it's not the most convenient place to live. It's beautiful, but definitely has it's drawbacks, though we do have all the necessary amenities. I'd move tomorrow if I could.

morning all xxx

the kids neck pillow worked well for resting my arm on, so slept well. Would have been better if at some point elwood launched himself nose first into my cheek, just missed my eye, then had to wrestle him, on my side, as he wanted to lie under my neck. He didnt just move there, he was throwing my head up and down to get comfy! Had him a month tomorrow, he was worth the wait

its raining again, but he went for a wee in the garden. hope it lasts

be safe out there xx