UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

Griff Deags would love it up here then. I could introduce her to all of those! You'll have to bring the dogs up sometime and I will sort a tour where you can take it easy in the car but have stop offs for hello's to the farm animals. Henry & May were fascinated by sheep having come from inner city London.

Suzeanna shame it got cloudy and rained but I'll bet it was nice to have a change. Inexperienced fell walkers get caught out here lots by not accounting for weather changes the higher they get up the fells. 

Well a cheque allows your son to get what he really wants. I actually prefer that which is why I often end up with Amazon gift cards. It's great because if I fancy a book or face cream or a gadget - or whatever - I just order it thanks to the generosity of friends and family. I always let them know what my latest purchase is.

Glad you had a reasonable day out, Suzeanna.

The burglars may well get another car but it will have slowed them down for a bit. Plus they won't know if the police or a car thief took it away,  which may get them rattled. The person who spotted it was actually one of the rural crime unit who I know quite well. I had asked him to watch out for anyone tampering with wheel nuts,  so he was keeping a close eye on things and noticed this car, but then it vanished again. So he asked us wardens to let him know if it turned up anywhere, and it popped up yesterday. 

• Like 1

The scenery up there as you probably know Owl is marvellous whatever the weather, unless of course it's that really heavy mist, then you can't see a thing.  Quite a few of the "ooh, there's no white line, where's the middle of the road" types about today up there.  Bit unsettling when you meet them coming round a bend. 

Griff, you're a city girl..or at least a townie! I've always lived more in the country than the town, all our dogs have been used to cows, sheep, horses etc.  Candy's seen sheep in fields but not right in front of her. When we lived the other side of Chesterfield there was a farm at the end of our lane, and there are fields with cows just up from when we are now.  People rhapsodise about the countryside, but it's not so lovely when the farmers are muck spreading..the smell lingers for ever.

I keep reading about cows dying because idiots are dumping rubbish in fields, and the cows eat it.  Doesn't seem to occur to them that a cow is a sort of giant labrador and will have a try at anything that might be remotely edible.  One farmer lost four cows and several calves because someone had thrown yew clippings into his field.  Deadly stuff. 

Jazz, the trouble with Tesco vouchers at the moment..or anything to do with clothes..you can't try them on in the shops.  I'll definitely go for a cheque unless he comes up with something else.

I save my vouchers/points from the supermarkets to pay for Christmas grocery shop.

Don't read this next bit if you are eating!

Poor Ruby was trying to eat some lunch when I started coughing because of the chest infection and got some gunk up which I had to spit in a tissue. It put her right off. Well let's be honest - it would put anyone off! I'm on steroids and a further course of antibiotics so hope this clears it this time. 

You have reached safety now!  

Oh no Marion...I guess under normal circumstances it wouldn't have bothered her so much, bless you... hoping you feel better later

Steve bought some t-shirts yesterday...he couldn't try on at Debenhams but went to Charlie brown's and asked could he try the t-shirts on there...yes, he then said can I try the ones I have just bought from Debenhams and the fella said yes, good job too as they were too small so he took them back and changed them

Yantan, you and Ruby are having a bad time of it, hope at least you have some sun to lift your spirits.  It's been sunny here today and meant to be ok tomorrow, Philip says typical! He's back to work on Monday.  Still working from home though.  

Wondering what the oncologist will say when I see him on Friday..there's another new lump just under my ear now and one by the side of my windpipe.  Hope it's more radiotherapy and not chemo, I really really don't want chemo.  

Griff, any more trouble from the neighbours from hell?

Suzeanna...I shall hope for radiotherapy for you

They showed up last night and were taking photos of my back garden, and the older one went onto the driveway so they can see we have painted our house number on our property...we are just waiting for the solicitor Letter to tell us they are going to sue us... and take our house, good luck to them with that! I don't know if the police officer will have had a word with them again or not but I emailed her with what had been shouted at full voice out the front... it's pathetic really, all they have to do us sort out the things they have done wrong, that's it...if not it's court

We had a 90 minute walk along th a front this afternoon with an ice cream.  So did hundreds of others.

Cleo is rather tired this  evening.She is sleeping next to me on the couch and is running miles in her dreams.

I went ti Sainsbury's  with my DIL for shopping this evening and had a look at their tops. Mine are all ancient and ready for  the rag bag. I noticed a cardigan  that had a half price sticker on it . The price ticket was £12 so I asked my DIL did that man it was £6 and she confirmed it did. Well I wasn't going to turn that down. When she scanned it at the till it £3.60- wow . Not often you get a bargain like that.

I am going to visit my sister tomorrow. I haven't seen her since a brief two minute meeting in November after her concert. Lockdown has prevented me from visiting  since I came here.  I am looking forward to seeing her. Sh has found lockdown very challenging as she normally  leads a very active social life so is out nearly very day and/or evening. Being 'imprisoned' ( her word) by her sons , who did her shopping and delivered her paper  every    morning  has taxed her.

She has been able to meet up with friends outside since lockdown was eased and had up to 8 people in the house last week on her birthday. It was not planned they all just turned up at various times. Thy did socially distance.

I go back home on Friday, all being well. It will be strange being back but I also need to get to my own place. My son will b staying for a week to clear out the shed and garage. There are tools in there that I do not know what they are called, never mind what they are used for.

I can sympathise with Ruby and th side effects  of chemo. They are not nice. As th MacMillan nurse said to me 'you are putting poison into your body'.

Your chest infection sounds bad, Yantan. I hope you get relief soon.

I hope you have radiotherapy, Suzeanna. 

Griff, your neighbours are like something out of the Bad Neighbours tv programme. They do not seem to have any common sense.

• Like 1

Blackmagic what a bargain! I love it when I find anything like that. I hope you have a lovely reunion with your sister. It will be strange going back to your home after all this time but I hope it goes well and you don't find it too upsetting. It's great your son will be there with you.

Suzeanna we are hoping your appointment goes well and if treatment is needed it will be radiotherapy and not chemo. 

I think it's going to be a nice day today but we won't be sitting out as there are too many tourists staying on our street and walking past. I wish we had a back garden rather than a front garden.

Watching the town centre webcams there is little concession being made by people wandering up and down there to social distancing. The town council have tried to encourage shoppers to wear masks in the shops but very few bother. 

As my friend said the other day "you can take precautions yourself but you can't predict what others are going to do and so many are acting like there's no longer any such thing as Covid-19. It's scary out there".

Face masks are now compulsory in shops in Scotland.  It seems to have made people more aware of social distancing.  Th shop assistants in Sainsbury's were guilty of ignoring it when stocking shelves  and even standing in the aisle  chatting.

Last night they were all wearing masks and keeping  their distance. I don't know if  there was any significance in the fact that all the floor workers were men.  Maybe they were anticipating trouble over wearing a mask but all the shoppers had them on.

• Like 1