UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

Good morning Owl.  Hope you aren't planning to fight any more antisocial wildlife today? 

Another gloomy day, with the rain and wind yesterday evening it was more like October than July.  One good thing is it might keep the morons off the streets, especially as a lot of pubs are only allowing drinking in the beer gardens.

Our garden is looking tidy once more and free of weeds as our friend came round and sorted it out. 

I've finished my course of antibiotics but still have the chest infection. Just like last time! I'll ring our medical centre tomorrow.

Ruby's 3rd round of chemo is on Wednesday. She's come to dread it and the 10 days or so following.

We are having a soup & roll delivery tomorrow from a local shop whilst Ruby is able to enjoy it.

Does it take one particular type of antibiotics to see off your infection, Yantan, or does it always need two? I remember many years ago I had a really bad strep throat and that took two different types to see it off.

Poor Ruby, but at least she's getting something done.  On BBC Breakfast this morning they had a prerecorded interview with a young mum with bowel cancer, her chemo had been stopped because of the risk to her if she got Covid.  She was saying it was crazy, she wanted the treatment, she didn't want to die.  Ten days after the interview, she died.  I don't see the logic behind their thinking.

Enjoy your soup and roll!

That's tragic Suzeanna. Seems to be a lottery as to who gets what treatment. Pleased Ruby is getting hers, even if it is gruelling.

Was lovely here today with lots of sun, though a bit of a chilly breeze at times. Back to cloudy and gloomy tomorrow though. Feels like we've already had our summer in late spring lol.

Hope you avoided all vicious wildlife today Owl.

Yes thank you, today I have avoided all vicious wildlife and all obnoxious humans both on and offline so it was a good day. Those stings are still itching a bit but it is bearable. Took Wispa for a riverside walk and a paddle, very pleasant. 

Will be thinking of Ruby on Wednesday.

Edited by owl

I saw that about the young mum who died from bowel cancer as did Ruby. Although it's a horrible process she's glad she's getting her treatment. 

Griff hopefully there's just one more to go after tomorrow's session.

Suzeanna yes I need a different type of antibiotics - or at least that was the case last time. I've got a phone appointment with a GP later today.

We are waiting for our soup, rolls and new phones to arrive. We usually get the shop to transfer our info from old phones to new but will have to do it ourselves this time.  I anticipate a lot of swearing.

Don't be fooled by the tourist industry claims about being desperate for business. They've all had handsome payouts from the government. 2nd home owners who holiday let their 2nd and sometimes 3rd and 4th homes have recieved £10,000 per property to cover their losses. 

• Like 1

Hope your stomach keeps today's tea in too Jazz.

Did you get your antibiotics Yantan?

I've no problem with owners of holiday lets getting grants to help them out. I do object to them hiking up their prices now they're allowed to let again, some almost 50% up on last year. I'm not desperate to go away anywhere, mind you, so it won't affect us. When things are a bit more 'normal' we're hoping to travel down to Eastbourne in gradual stages stopping off at various places for a few nights here and there, visiting friends and family on the way down. Obviously won't be for a while, but something to look forward to.

Hope everyone has had a good day xx

Will they still expect breakfast tomorrow Jazz? My lot aren't greedy and wouldn't have touched just dog food. Would have to have had something like chicken or cheese to get them eating ordinary dog food lol.