UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

Lol...yeah Suzeanna...Ruddy autocorrect!!! Do you no...she just looked appalled that I was giving her what for, she wasn't doing anything that they tell you.. coughing into a tissue, etc...I mean if you are healthy, would this thing knock you on your ass or would you just think it was a severe cold?? My dad said I shouldn't be going out, like hell am I going to stay in my house for months on the off chance I will get it ( I know I will get it at some point... hopefully it won't kill me but if it does, so be it... can't be helped) I am being careful, I am wearing gloves outside, using the back of my gloves to wipe hair out of my face, I am not kissing anyone and as soon as I get home iwash my hands before I do anything. If I begin to feel ill obviously I will stay away from everyone and be super careful with the dogs.

Hoping hospital appointments go well tomorrow and keeping everything crossed that Alex doesn't get trapped in one of the rooms at the crystal maze!

• Like 1

It was Ruby"s last day in work yesterday. Her bosses have told her not to take any chances and stay home until after her op and recuperation. She'll do what work she can from home and dial in to any meetings.

I've been diagnosed with a chest infection and am on antibiotics. I've to stay home until I feel better so Ruby and I are battening down the hatches. She has her pre-op assessment on Tuesday. I'm planning on going with her but will stay outside in the car.

I hope everyone's keeping well and safe. Don't take chances folks!

It was Suzeanna Owl that has the hospital appointment..but thank you

Quite sensible Yantan, make sure you are both fully well for Ruby's upcoming surgery

I am totally bored....I would have gone to Steve's except he was supposed to be going to collect his fit note...he has decided to do it all Monday now. I will now inflict myself on him tomorrow lol

Rather surreal appointment with my oncologist, he spent the first five minutes telling me my name (Andrea is my first name, so on my notes) should be spelled Andreea, because andrea in Romania means knitting needles! He's gone through various options for ongoing treatment, even drew me a diagram..and is going to arrange a biopsy on my lumps on my collar bone.  He said if it is cancer he can do very targeted radiotherapy on it.  The other treatment he's talking about is injections rather than tablets, two at a time every three weeks.  I have to see him again in four weeks, next week I have haematology clinic.  I think I'll set up home in Reception, it would be easier.

I said to him that my daughter is making light of the virus and saying it's no worse than the flu, he is adamant that it is much worse.  He said many Romanians work in Lombardy and they were quite casual about the whole thing until they started being ill and quite a few dying.  He said don't be one of the stupid brave, avoid crowded areas, don't mix at all with anyone with a cough or cold, and keep up with the hand washing.

Look after yourself Yantan, hope you soon feel better.  Ruby may find that she's given an anti MRSA body wash thing to use for a week prior to her op, if so not a bad idea for you to use it too.

Thanks Suzeanna, great tip & I will if she gets some. We have a nice little tent here if you want to borrow it to give you some privacy when you set up home in reception. We also have a little gas stove so you can make yourself tea. Seriously I hope this guy can help you.

Covid-19 certainly is serious as there is no vaccine for it as yet and there are thousands of people for whom it's a potential death sentence. I'd rather overreact to it and try & stay safe. There are a lot of stupid people in this world though and the I'm-all-right-Jack brigade are far too prevalent I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

There was a youngish bloke on the bus home going on about how it's all a conspiracy, it's no worse than the flu and the figures about deaths in Italy are inflated just to scare people. He went on and on to what seemed to be an appreciative audience (all sitting behind me) and I was itching to turn round and say Oh, you do look as stupid as you sound, but my nerve failed me.

• Like 1

Lol @ Suzeanna. Would love to have seen his face if you had. Wonder who is behind this conspiracy and why 'they' want to scare everyone? I've seen that a few times on social media but no one ever explains what that theory is all about. I haven't really changed my routine though to be honest. As I spend half my life walking dogs, picking up poo and gardening I'm constantly washing my hands thoroughly anyway. And I've always used tissues if I cough or sneeze. Football has been postponed for the forseeable future and that's about the only crowded place I go.

Really hope the new treatment works for you.

That's great that Ruby's bosses are being so sensible and understanding Yantan. Everything crossed that she stays well for her pre-op and surgery and your chest infection clears up soon.

Been lovely here today so I spent most of it working in the garden. Rain due back tomorrow so I had to make the most of the sunshine.

Hope your boredom lifts Griff. Go and annoy the dogs for a bit since you can't annoy Steve till tomorrow 😂

To be fair...for most, yes it is no worse than the flu..those who have no health issues will most likely recover well, it's the people who are old and ill that are at risk..to be honest though, thousands die of flu every year and it never makes news. I am being careful but I will not shut myself in at home....I have had a whole day at home with both my parents today and if the coronavirus didn't kill me...I bloody would if it became a long term thing lol

Edited by griff

ive done an online shop, can only have 5 cartons of long life milk. no types of toilet roll. so filled up with what I could. my son is getting me more milk tomorrow. I have some, but not enough for a month

lewis is in America to train people, but everyone has been given a laptop and sent home to work, so waiting to hear what he needs to do. hes in his exectutive apartment, looking at the statue of liberty, with nothing to do

I'm sick of bloody theory conspirators. They are as thick as mince. They read something on the internet and accept it as truth They don't understand science and have zero critical thinking skills.

Griff yes the winter flu does kill thousands every year but it doesn't spread like Covid-19 and we can vaccinate against it. I've been vaxed every year since 1989 and never caught it. There is no protection against C19. Although it is true for the majority of younger fit people if they get it it's likely to be a mild case at the same time they are the ones who can spread it if they don't stop and think about what they are doing. There are still a lot of young people who live with health conditions that mean C19 could be just as damaging to them as the very young and older more vulnerable people. The cases in the UK went up by almost 35% today over yesterday. You don't know you didn't catch it today as it would take a day or two before symptoms started showing. I bloody hope you didn't though!

Sorry Griff, brain was a bit scrambled last night. Probably as a result of binge watching the last 3 episodes of Last Tango in Halifax. I am not used to watching that much TV. 

Sorry to hear about chest infection, Yantan. Hope it clears soon.