UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Madness

Jazz

I am certainly learning who my Facebook friends are.  Unfriending a few folk. I don't have a problem with people whose opinions conflict with mine, but I cannot have a sensible discussion with anyone who thinks I am being brainwashed just because I believe the coronavirus exists.  I have friends in Spain. I have friends in the nursing profession.  People who I actually know face to face.  They don't lie to me. 

Very disgusted with the amount of racketeering which has come to light. It is not a new thing. An old friend in Wales, about 10 years older than me, had many journeys between Wales and England with his father who was a big supplier in black market meat. He used to go to Wales looking average size on the train and return looking like a fat kid because his overcoat with secret pockets  jam packed with meat for customers in London. Eventually the family fled to Wales permanently to escape investigation and bought a farm with the profits. 

• Haha 1

Oh dear Owl. I cannot believe there are people who don't believe Coronovirus is real! How can people be so deluded, stupid and ignorant??? 

I too hate the racketeering going on. Some people are so selfish and greedy. 

Give me dogs over people any day of the week!

I like to discuss things but I think a lot of people have lost the art of talking nicely about a subject! I'm having a bit of problem with people who believe any virus related rumour they hear or read about in the paper. I've lost count of the times I've said can you show me the facts/science behind that.

Good thoughts for Ruby's pre-op, I imagine the hospital will do their very best to get the op done.

Good thoughts too for Suzeanna's daughter.

I have a friend who is expecting twins and was suprised by the sudden guidance yesterday for pregnant women to be avoiding social contact. She can do her job from home fortunately but her employer is being a bit less than helpful in sorting it out.

Worrying times.

No worries Karen. I don't expect people to be asking about my ills! Still coughing and on the last day of antibiotics but hoping the next day or two will see an end to it.

I so agree with you about the virus rumours. I saw on FB the other day a woman, who I have had a run in with before over posting things that just weren't true, posting that the cure for Covid-19 was to gargle with vinegar or salt water. If that worked don't they think bloody governments and health experts would be saying the same??? This is one of the many reasons I hate FB and came off it before. If it wasn't for wanting to support Tye's rescue I'd just give up on it again.

I hope you are doing OK? 

You've certainly known some colourful characters over the years Owl 🤣 Many of the stores hiking up their prices are being named and shamed on social media so I hope they get boycotted and suffer once the crisis is over.

We don't have any supermarket deliveries here so it's not an issue for me Yantan. The co-op will bring your shopping to you if you can't carry much but you have to go and do your shop in store then they'll drop it off for you. So we'll just have to carry on going to the shops and hoping there's still stuff to buy.

Hope Suzeanna gets back on line soon and sending get well soon thoughts to her daughter.

How did Ruby's pre-op go?

That's awful for your friend Karen. Hope her employers get their act together soon. It might be inconvenient for them but she's following government guidelines so they'll have to comply.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Yantan said:

No worries Karen. I don't expect people to be asking about my ills! Still coughing and on the last day of antibiotics but hoping the next day or two will see an end to it.

I so agree with you about the virus rumours. I saw on FB the other day a woman, who I have had a run in with before over posting things that just weren't true, posting that the cure for Covid-19 was to gargle with vinegar or salt water. If that worked don't they think bloody governments and health experts would be saying the same??? This is one of the many reasons I hate FB and came off it before. If it wasn't for wanting to support Tye's rescue I'd just give up on it again.

I hope you are doing OK? 

I only use Facebook for keeping track of a couple of rescues, the local museum and a shop in Kendal which sells kits for sewing rabbits! I don't use my own name as I have a trouble-making brother who has moved to the same town with the same unusual surname. Some people are so rude and so forthcoming with their unpalatable views it puts me off following any of the other local groups, which is a pity.

Fingers crossed for your cough going asap!

I'm doing OK thanks, just had clear annual mammogram results which is good but due at the hospital next week for a follow up infusion. Waiting to hear if that will be cancelled.

Good news Jazz. Not so many flights running at the moment though.

My pregnant friend (another Jazz funnily enough) is now organised to be working from home from tomorrow, I'm glad her employers have been sensible.

Edited by Karen
  • Like 1

Great news on the latest mammogram Karen. I'm also on FB under a pseudonym to avoid certain family members and acquaintances. A couple of good buddies are in on it and we follow one another but other than that it's rescue and dog people.  

Ruby's appointment was 1.30 Eve so she's not back yet. The hospital is a 50'ish mile round trip

Our Co-op delivers too if you go down and pick your own stuff. We don't use it because our loopy neighbour works there!

Other than that we only have a Booths supermarket, plus Spa shops at the 2 garages and another small Spa shop in town. Oh and a tiny Mace convenience store and another independent corner shop. 

I believe the virus is real but I don't know anyone who has it... personally I mean ( that's a good thing) 

Popped in to town, was lovely...A1 minute queue in the poundshop!! Unheard of, popped in to the market to get a mother's Day card for my mum and was chatting to the fella who runs the stall, he was saying how quiet it's become and how quiet the roads are when he travels in. Went into my local little shop and got some soap for my friends as they were having difficulties getting it