UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September had better be better!

Jazz

And to add to a miserable few days, the body of the ancient cocker spaniel which we have been seeking at Rother Valley country park has been found by a ranger who was clearing ditches. We were so close but he was under deep mud with water over that, so neither drones nor dogs could help. None of our trackers can get scent under water, though all of them tracked to that point and then people searched the ditch but found nothing. We think yesterday's heavy rain may have brought him up. I am relieved that he was found because I thought the odds were against it. Now at least his people can stop searching. The ranger and my friend between them cleaned him up before his people got there, so he looked presentable.

And just to cheer me up, a tanker shattered my driver window probably with a loose hose and drove off.  Autoglass coming on Weds morning. Have parked van close up to house with empty window away from road and very close to sitting room window. Rain tonight so off now to find a tarp to put over car. 

Edited by owl
  • Sad 1

Bloomin heck Owl you are having a bad time of it. Yes get that window covered as the rain forecast sounds pretty serious.  Poor old Cocker :mecry: I'm so sorry for his owners but at least they know now what happened.  How nice of your friend and the ranger to clean him up before his folks saw him. If I ever found myself in the same situation with any dog of mine I would hope someone would do the same. 

I seem to have a bit of delayed shock from the accident. All |I saw was a tanker coming out of a driveway then there was this almighty bang and the driver window shattered so I couldn't see what was happening. Thought the whole tanker had hit me and my number was up. Then the glass fell out all over me and I saw the tanker through back window, zooming off up the road pdq. Wispa was unperturbed, just thinking whatever was going on, mum would sort it.

Feeling better this morning, and Autoglass guy has just been to put in a temporary window which is OK for speeds up to 50 mph. It is clear plastic and you can't tell it's not a real one unless you touch it.  We are all very relieved in our village this morning as the guy who has broken into dozens of cars was caught red handed last night and is in custody. Literally red handed as he got careless and cut himself, and left blood on car so they have evidence.

Bucketing down here so only planning to drive to shops.

Have you got a dashcam Owl? the tanker owners should pay for your window, not you.

Sorry to hear about the two dogs.  I've been mired in gloom for a while, three women who I never met, but read their posts and laughed at their jokes on the mets forum all died within days of each other, none of them over fifty. One was happily planning a holiday soon, and then out of the blue..gone.  Stupid to be so upset about people I only knew online, but it really affected me badly, plus the "nothing to worry about " lump I have on my collar bone has now developed smaller lumps just along from it, so I'm wondering if it is something to worry about after all!

• Sad 2

Suzeanna that is ridiculous that you are only allowed to discuss one problem, as with some patients there may be a connection between seemingly separate problems. I would have thought that where someone is living with cancer an exception could be made? Can you make a separate appointment now in advance?

It isn't stupid to grieve for someone who you have never met face to face. People do develop significant friendships online, and of course you are sad, especially losing 3 such over a short period.

The tanker driver came out of a drive to my right, turned left and clipped me with something or other, at its rear end while turning out, so didn't show on my dashcam as the vehicle was never in front of me. I only saw it through rear window, speeding off up the road. Several firms share that driveway, and it has no cctv. 

• Sad 1