UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Adventures

owl

The builders have just turned up and have knocked down the remains of our back gate (won't be sorry to see that useless bit of carp gone!) and are digging up the concrete in the passage way tween the back door and the gateway. It got damaged by fost during one really cold winter and has just been getting worse and worse. With planning to sell up we wanted it replaced and a new gate added.  

I didn't know they were coming today so it's a surprise. They did call sometime in January to say they would come that week weather permitting but it was an awful week and it really hasn't been good since to lay concrete. 

I love all the dogs on here, even though I've never met them I feel I know them through you all. Young or old, they all have their funny little quirks and they're all precious to us. It's the first time I've never had an oldie as part of the gang though and I do really miss having one. If I can ever find one who could put up with my 3 loonies I'd adopt him in a heartbeat. So if you spot an older staffie boy who wouldn't mind a youngster or 3 in his life, point him in my direction. Don't think Honey would accept another girl but she's happy to have boys to boss around and keep in line.

• Like 1

Lol..bless you Eve

Steve has tried a new hairstyle..he has had the same haircut for probably 35 years....he has just called me in a panic as he can't do his hair right lol....he was threatening to get the scissors out, I am now off to his house tomorrow afternoon to show him how to do his hair and he said I may as well go early and walk Molly

I know what you mean Eve. I get very invested in the dogs we all talk about.  

We had a night of rain so I thought the builders might not turn up today. However the sun came out and we have blue skies about an hour ago followed by the builders. They thought we had an outside tap but we haven't so they've just gone for 2 barrels of water to mix the concrete. I offered to fill them from the kitchen tap but they said it would be easier just to fill them back at their yard.  

Arrgh the builders had been gone about 20 minutes when we got a little hailstorm followed by a shower of rain.  None of this is good for newly laid concrete!  Heavy unexpected rain was why the previous concreting was too soft and allowed the frost to get into it which broke it up.  Hopefully these 2 little showers won't be enough to spoil it . Fingers crossed there's no more until after it's cured, which takes a few hours.

I'm glad you got the cheque Jazz. Is there anyway you can get it paid in before next week so you know sooner rather than later that it goes through OK?

I agree Jazz...get it whacked in the bank asap! 

Oh no Yantan... hopefully no more rain for you

We have had showers all morning, speaking of showers...I mended mine!! Tried it first time...same thing happened again..redid it and it's great! I even made sure the dials point to the right bits... when my dad fitted it he had the dials set all wrong...was pot luck what temp you got lol oh and the shower head has leaked for 3 years so I fixed that too!