UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March spring time!

Jazz

Go Merlin, what a boy!

Yantan, the main reason the Titanic went down with so much loss of life was that the ship had a fire on board when it left Belfast. Everyone kept it quiet and tried to contain it, as there would have been such a financial loss if the much-publicised voyage had been called off. It could have meant the collapse of Harland and Wolff.  The Titanic was still on fire when it left Southampton.  If the hull had not been weakened by the fire it would probably not have sunk so quickly when it hit the iceberg. Also there were not nearly enough lifeboats and some were collapsible ones which didn't work.  I think with modern maritime safety laws you will be OK.

Great news about Nick. Hope he has a happy life in Edinburgh (though they're weird folk over in the East 😂)

Jealous of your weather Griff. Been a day of sunshine and heavy showers here, but at least not cold. Hopefully a couple of dry days this week as I have quite a bit of work to do in the garden.

Happy birthday little Mouse

Edited by eve

I'll bet  Mouse and Merlin enjoyed a walk over the  Jazz, especially if your weather is as good as ours today.  It's really quite warm in the sun although out of it it still is a bit braw. Archie enjoyed a turn around the block with me. It took us almost 20 minutes but it's very important to sniff EVERYTHING along the way.  He's had breakfast, 2nd breakfast, lunch and second helpings today. 

I didn't know that about the Titanic Owl. How interesting! My concern for sailing close to and maybe even over the site of the sinking is more of eerie one than a physical one. I remember how strange the battlefield at Culloden felt. I don't believe in ghosts  and the supernatural but the atmosphere and melancholy that overcame me there were strange indeed. Also George and Archie's reaction to the place didn't help!

Ruby is away in London today for work and at head office tomorrow and the following day so Archie and I are going to party, party, party.  Which means eating when we feel like it, snoozing whenever and watching whatever we like on the telly!

• Like 1

I have never been to Culloden but I have been to Naseby battlefield. Not for long because Wispa hated it and was really losing the plot, getting spaced out and snappy. I suspect that the Titanic site will not feel as creepy because it is constantly moving water.

Archie is doing well today.

Archie is indeed doing well today. Since I posted he's had afternoon tea - twice - and his dinner, again twice.

Because of his reflux we fed him small amounts regularly throughout the day so he's not eating huge portions at these feeding times. If he makes it plain he wants more he gets it because not eating, or not eating much, allows the acid reflux to get a hold. Plus at his age and scrawniness he gets what he wants. From the Wednesday of the week before last until Friday of last week he ate £34 worth of his low fat dried chicken treats! 

I would go to Naseby because I had an ancestor that fought there.