UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March spring time!

Jazz

Hope Archie is ok today Yantan.  I went to the hospital today to see a vascular consultant, very nice chap called Dr. Kunan..not sure if he was Indian or Sri Lankan but lovely chap.  After manual exam and a doppler he said nothing wrong with my circulation, which just confirms to me that it's the Letrozole.  I was talking to him about it and he said you have to have quality of life, quantity isn't everything.  Glad someone medical agrees with me on that! He shook my hand on saying goodbye and said it was a pleasure to meet me..so far, so usual....then he gave me a big hug, which wasn't!  He did remark on my atrial fibrillation, said I need it sorting and mentioned the dreaded s word.  I said the definite NO word!

Stopped in Chesterfield in between buses to sit in the square in the sun for a bit and sat next to a lady from Kendal, who was just in Chesterfield for a couple of days, visiting relatives.  I told her about your complaints about summer tourists and parking, Yantan, and she asked do you live on Park Road. I said I didn't know, why? Apparently it's a very popular place to park as there are no restrictions.

• Like 1

That WAS a good visit with the vascular consultant Suzeanna.  He sounds like a lovely man. I quite agree about having a quality of life. 

I'm in Keswick not Kendal which isn't actually in the national park though it still gets tourists. I have a cousin who lives there and my mother's English family on her dad's side lived in Kendal for at least 3 or 4 generations.  It was also Katherine Parr's home town. 

It's the start of the Easter holidays today. Deep joy.

Suzeanna, sometimes it's nice to meet an actual thinking human...not somebody who just quotes chapter and verse...my consultant is like that

Eeeeeek, Easter holidays already!!! 

Mum and dad have arrived in pool, I have been to Steve's and the plastering is done, the fella knocked the wood frame off in the living room and a shed load of grout fell out!! Steve's gone round and grouted it, luckily the tiles stayed up

We had an intruder in garden at 5.15 a.m. yesterday, only got the full story today. Came in over fence at the end of my garden, over fence to neighbour, then over next fence to next house where he took a garden fork,  which he used to prise lock off adjacent neighbour's shed. This set off an alarm in neighbour's house, which set off the 2 fluffs who live there, which set off Wispa. So we were all out in garden running around before any of us were really awake. Wispa and the fluffs next door have been on edge ever since, barking at every sound. Person got clean away, very lucky to make it out of our garden before Wispa went thundering down. 

Wispa has stolen one of my Crocs and I can't find it. Hope she has not buried it.

I hope croc will put in an appearance

We are a block of 4 houses...3 have been robbed including one with a dog...mine hasn't, it p@#ses me off that mine bark at a gnats fart but I still have my stuff and not been broken into sooooo I will take the barking!

I have nothing at all of value... well the cat.... but I suspect only we value him ( shhhh don't tell him) and the dogs and to be fair I think they would be returned very quickly, and I wouldn't really miss anything else... I have a TV,some chains, rings, couple of iPods but that's it ... but it's more the worry of the dogs or cat getting out

Should have been going to the market with Steve and Chris but Steve and I had a conversation last night and I decided I was going..he was insistent I go, I messaged him and said I wouldn't be there, he has been asking again this morning but I stuck to my guns and I am staying here with my girls to enjoy the sunshine