UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Tear And Share Loaf.

Yantan

No worries

Finally got my brother after leaving numerous voicemail and ringing 6hospitals and the bloody met police line for the tube bomb...but i bottled talking to the police lol. He emailed..he is having phone trouble. Done my nut and told him next time there is,an incident call home! Also told him he will be giving me a key and 2emergency contact numbers

Jeez some people just don't use the brains they were born with do they. Your brother should have thought on and contacted someone after the goings on yesterday Griff. I hope you gave him a good telling off!

It has turned very autumnal here with a crispness to the early mornings and lots of hints of colour changes to the trees. I love autumn.

I love autumn too, Yantan.

I love the long shadows when the sun shines. We have heavy drizzle and sunshine at the moment. We had fairly dry and warm weather for 6 weeks but this week has been windy and wet, wet and more wet . I think we have had more rain in the last 5 days than we had in the whole of the last 6 weeks.

We were heading down to Inverness for a hospital appointment on Tuesday morning when we hit a deep pothole ( the middle one of three) on the single track road- two tyres burst. Having only one spare, as you do, we had to call the breakdown service. Got lifted to our local garage and as he had to pass the house on the way he dropped me and the dogs off.

The garage gave JIm his courtesy car to come home. He checked the springs for damage but fortunately only the tyres suffered.

It made me feel better about bursting a tyre in an different pothole a few weeks ago.

The breakdown guy said he is constantly up here for burst tyres at present. There are so many potholes on the roads.

He said people use the aeresole sprays that you get now instead of a spare , but they watch the stuff running down the road as they are only good for nail punctures, not for busted tyres.

We have a new appointment this Tuesday so I hope we do not have a repeat. Three new tyres in three months is enough.

While what happened in London was bad the people were lucky that the bomb didn't go off properly and that it happened at the station. I expect it was meant to explode underground where the carnage would have been massive and the system disrupted for ages.

We live in very troubled times.

Yantan, i did give him what for but somehow it is all my fault for worrying and i should know he wouldn't be near there?? i can't even get round my own city without gps so how would i know where he is going to be or not be? he is just a selfish little tw*t and for someone with a uni degree...thick as 2 short planks...i am fast becoming fed up wit people and i think i may give up caring as that is 2 people in a week who have p*ssed me off with their selfishness

Blackmagic, can you claim for the tyres? we can claim off our council for damages....not easy but can b done

Yantan, i did give him what for but somehow it is all my fault for worrying and i should know he wouldn't be near there?? i can't even get round my own city without gps so how would i know where he is going to be or not be? he is just a selfish little tw*t and for someone with a uni degree...thick as 2 short planks...i am fast becoming fed up wit people and i think i may give up caring as that is 2 people in a week who have p*ssed me off with their selfishness

Blackmagic, can you claim for the tyres? we can claim off our council for damages....not easy but can b done

Jim walked back and took a photograph of the pothole . It was over 2 inches deep with a step at the end of it. I told him to pit in a claim. In a local paper last week

'In the last year the council has had to pay £20,958 to 92 angry motorists to fix vehicles damaged by potholes, drainage problems or other road faults, averaging £227 per claim.'

• Like 1

Well I am warm coz I had to put the heating on this morning but not dry as it's raining. Good luck at the dentist Jazz :flowers:

I hope you are feeling a bit better today Griff. Is it today you are going for that blood test?

Archie's gone out with the dog walker and his gang of friends. He couldn't wait. I opened the door to Holly and he pushed past me to greet her and then rushed her out of the gate and to her van. Not even so much as a backwards glance to me. Charming!

Lol...Archie knows where home is! bet he just wanted to get to see his mates. Had my blood test last week Yantan, a couple of the results were off and we concluded that i had a virus...it was the dentist for me today, luckily the marks are noting of concern, apparently when you have silver fillings and get the tooth removed it can stain your gum?? odd it's only in one place but that's what he says so i have to believe him, he checked the rest of my teeth over and they are all fine...not bad considering i haven't been to the dentist for 5 years Lol...best of all though?? he didn't bill me!!

Jazz, i hope if Poppy goes you won't cry too much

• Like 1