UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Tear And Share Loaf.

Yantan

Vicious 48 hr bug has now cleared off. I managed to get out and take Wispa for some offlead running on the reserve, and she is back to hi-speed bouncy normal.

We are unexpectedly back to work tomorrow, after a young springer who has gone missing in a huge maize field.

The smell in the car has vanished as mysteriously as it arrived. Today it only smells of dog and mud, as usual. I fail to see how rotten meat smell can suddenly turn up and then go. Good riddance, anyway.

Glad the bug has gone Owl. How strange..a disappearing pong! Was it definitely in the car itself and not wafting in from outside? When one of the local farmers is muck spreading, if you have the windows open the whole house pongs. They've built some very expensive new houses in the gap between the farm and the local primary...wondering which one will be complained about first!

We took Candy to the park earlier as usual, had to veer off our usual route as two people were having trouble controlling two big dogs. I was minding my own business when a young collie came belting up at warp speed, as I have a dodgy knee I was worried she'd knock me over so rather stupidly bent forward to try to fend her off, she leapt up and her head connected with my forehead, hard! I think her skull must be made of concrete, I've got a lovely lump. She of course was fine and dandy and sprinted off to bounce all over Candy, who showed her disapproval by picking up her ball and running back to the car. Collie's owner was very apologetic...she's only 7 months and still learning manners.

Pong was definitely in car on Tuesday. Nothing on Sunday when we arrived home from weekend away. Did not use car Monday. It hit us on Tuesday and was there in car all the way to the reserve and all the way back. Still there yesterday when I tried unsuccessfully to find the source. Gone completely today, even though windows had been shut since yesterday.

There are some mysteries we are not meant to understand.

Hoping your head mends quickly, Suzeanna.

Just a thought owl...the door isn't leaking is it...my dads car used to stink sometimes, i found the back carpet sodden....when i sorted resealing the door and dried out the carpet it was smell free, i told him not to buy the car as it had 4 air fresheners in the photo lol

Ouch Suzeanna, brings tears to the eyes

Jazz I hope the new fosterer will keep you up-to-date with Poppy.

Glad you feel better Owl. The problem now-it's-here-now-it's-gone-smell is very odd.

Archie got a PitPat activity monitor free from his insurance company. I filled out all his details as required via the app and it recommends he gets 30 minutes of exercise a day. 30 minutes! That's nowt to a 14 year old who manages 2 hour walks with no bother. I wonder if they would claim he was being over exercised if he got injured or became ill??? It might not have been such a good idea to agree to having it :unsure: I've committed to using it for 6 months.

Griff how are you feeling now? I hope it's better but if not have a :GroupHug:

Edited coz I managed to lose some words of the end of a sentence!

Edited by Yantan

I definitely wouldn't want a black box in my car. Most of the time I drive like an angel, but other times if I'm running a bit late, I can drive like an Audi driver :laugh: :rolleyes:

I think 30 minutes exercise is about right for a lot of 14 year old dogs - Archie is just super fit. I'd love it if Ted could do 30 minutes exercise.

I was looking after him for the weekend a couple of weeks ago - he doesn't do much now apart from eat, drink and sleep. He pootles around the house and garden if he gets some energy though (or has canine company - he's much more active if there is another dog in the house!)