UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Marches Manic Mantras

Jazz

We used to meet 2 hooge Newfoundlands called Sibelius and Tchaikovsky after their mum's favourite composers. We also once met a a Spinone called Alan who was here on his holidays. An ex-neighbour had a cat called Karen. I love names that are different for fur/feather family members.

Weather seems to be improving here and the forecast for the weekend is a good one. Hurrah!

Holly DW had Archie out this morning for an hour and he didn't limp once. She met up with a friend and they both watched him closely. It's got me wondering if he puts it on for me and Ruby. My old JRT, Jerry, once hurt his leg and got huge amounts of love and sympathy from us all but especially from my late nanna. For years afterwards, every now and again, he'd hold his leg up in order to elicit more sympathy - and treats from nanna. Sometimes it was the wrong leg he hold up! He was double checked at the vets and they could find nothing wrong with either.

Trudy used to do that, and look at me, so pained, but if I offered sweeties she would run into the kitchen lol

lewis took me to tescos, found the clearance freezer! frozen smoothie tubs for 30p each! got 5 carrier bags of stuff for £20, very happy

then went to the charity shop. saw a huge purple elephant and a lovely teddy, no price. lewis took them to the till, man said £3 for the 2 BUY THEMMMM I shouted lol just seen the teddy has 'love you mum' on the foot awwwwww

I like human names for animals as well - everyone compliments me on Walter's name. He is a bit of a wally as well, so it suits him down to the ground.

I'm in Rome at the moment, staying 5 minutes walk from the Vatican. Yesterday the Pope did a meet and greet papal audience. I was walking down to Ancient Rome :rolleyes: I'm not Catholic, but it would have been cool to meet the Pope as he seems like a good guy :)

• Like 2

Gooster...i think this pope seems a bit more progressive than others

Awww Jazz, that's nice and great bargain hunting

Had to go up to Steves...text this morning saying next car payment due...nothing back...called his house, his phone, the lot...nothing, so off i went after seeing my consultant, no car, house in darkness and shoved a note through the door..then i thought, what if he has done a flit, opened the cupboard to find 2 pairs of kids wellies!! so, if he has met someone in the space of 2 weeks she has introduced her kids to him....is that not odd and wrong? anyway, left him a voicemail and he text me back so i called him and he was a complete tw*t on the phone, i said that i shouldn't be chasing him after i had helped him..he should be looking for me, i said i had text and he didn't reply and he said yeah well i just messaged you...that was only as i kept calling him! i have basically left it as i think i should give him back what he paid in for the car minus the tax so £100 and i will take the car back, that way he is out of my life and i am out of his, he has suddenly begun going on whatsapp but to look at my profile as i caught him the other day and he picked up the messages that were 2 months old! i have now blocked him, deleted his phone numbers and as soon as we resolve the car issue i will block his numbers too...why the hell can't i ever see the bad i people? at least i helped Molly out, couldn't leave her stuck in the house fr 12 hours a day with no loo break

Wish I could meet this Steve, he'd get more than a piece of my mind!

I won my battle with the cardio consultant on Wednesday, back on my previous pills thank goodness. This morning I'm off to see my breast surgeon at 9.30, I'm praying she got the tumour out with clear margins, otherwise it will mean another op to clear it. I foresee a smaller battle with her, she wants me to have radiotherapy and hormone therapy and I've already said no, but I bet she will have another try!

well, some good news some not. She got the tumour out with clear margins, which is good but of the 27 nodes she removed 15 were cancerous and some had burst out of the cell wall, which means they could be chugging off elsewhere in the body. She recommended chemotherapy (agh), ten years of hormone therapy (you must be joking!) and six weeks of radiotherapy including rads high on the chest practically into my throat area. Not going to happen! I did agree to meet with the head oncologist from Weston Park in Sheffield to discuss it fully, he's already said to her apparently that my existing blood condition will make things more complicated. I'm feeling somewhat shell shocked, especially about the chemo, didn't think that would even be considered. Philip says your body, your decision....I've already decided.

Did I mention the huuuuge swelling I had under my arm? A seroma (collection of lymp fluid that the nodes aren't there to drain) which they drained and got 570cl of fluid out! Nearly a bottle of wine! They did say it will fill up again and need redraining but shouldn't be as much. It's a relief to be able to put my arm down by my side, I was having to hold it out a bit like a lop sided penguin.

Suzeanna ((hugs)) you have to do what you think and feel is right for you...i am sure Phillip will be right behind your decision

Jazz, wish Mouse a very happy birthday from me!

He text me this morning...he isn't at work, what should he do about my money? duh..really? now the nice old me would have said oh, wait until you are back at work...i ain't playing nice anymore! told him to fetch it to my parents, followed by a text saying money, today 24th march, he text back, why am i being funny!!! so i text him back and just said Lol..being funny nah, just not being ar*ed about anymore...next thing, my parents landline goes..i have this cool phone that announces callers..i didn't know if to answer or not, i did and he said he couldn't understand why i was being funny and being so horrible to him Lol...just said maybe he had just discovered the real me! told him to fetch the cash today and set up a standing order...he refused the standing order, he will keep paying me...errr no, what part of i want nothing to do with you is so hard? again i said standing order, him..no, he will pay me or my mum..i just laughed and said she will most likely kick sh*t out of him, i will admit i effed a lot Lol..he doesn't understand why i am being so horrible, i said getting a taste of your own medicine, maybe now you will know how you treated me, 3 times i asked him to do a standing order and each time he refused...i know it is so he can muck about with paying me and hold it over me, if he does a standing order, i never need to call text or see him except to ask for a bus ticket...he again said he didn't understand why i was being like that with him..now he said he was stupid but nobody can be that stupid surely?? i ended up telling him to do one and slamming the phone down, won't get my money today but ti was worth it Lol

Griff he sounds like he's an arch manipulator and trying to re-direct things at you to attempt to make you look like the bad one. Stick to your guns, get your money or the car back and then do as you have said - delete him from your life coz he ain't going to change!

Suzeanna big hugs mate. You stick to your guns too. It's your body. Sending positive thoughts for you.

I'm back on steroids as my asthma has flared. Also the doc seems to have got to the bottom of my other recent problems. I was experiencing side effects from some of my meds! She says I seem to be of those that fall into the category of those that don't always do well on some meds as looking back at my medical history she noticed lots of adverse effects.

It's a super day here. Lovely sunshine and blue skies. 'Bout blummin time!

Awww Yantan, feel better soon, hope the steroids don't affect you too badly

Lol..gets better, just got a text...would it be ok if he brings my money Monday as he has the Drs and has to go past!! I said no and he just text o.k, he really is stupid

Suzeanna, do what you are comfortable with. Do you have a sleeve to wear on your arm? A work colleague had problems with her arm filling with fluisd after her op and she wore a type of bandage sleeve - like the stockings you get after surgery too prevent blood clots.

Yantan, enjoy your good weather. We had a lovely sunny, warm day yesterday but today is cold again. I t is time spring had sprung.

Griff, Steve likes to get things his way, doesn't he?

JIm came home yesterday. Quite remarkable when he was in Intensive a week ago. He is very weak, naturally. He still has a problem with his adrenal system causing high blood pressure but the consultants seem a but stumped. They don't seem to have come across a case like his where the recognised treatment tp stabilise his BP didn't work. We know he has a tumour on one of the glands that has to be removed but his test results are not typical. So they are 'having discussions' on what to do next.

Hopefully the worst is over now as operations can celled at the last minute and his BP not responding to treatment has caused everybody a lot of stress.

We won't forget the start of 2017 in a hurry.