UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Januarys Jazzy Jests

Jazz

Moaning all :wavey: Not been on for a bit so hope everyone is okay.

Could do with some sensible advice off you lot. I've been invited to Twickers to watch England v Scotland in the six nations. Now the trouble is that it's with some of our directors (and apparently I've been chosen cos I'm a 'high flyer' - obviously a case of mistaken identify :laugh:). Do I go or do I politely decline? I love rugby but it's a right old faff getting there and I can't trust me not to make a total pratt of myself :confused02:

Edited by merledogs

That's a difficult one Alex. If you refuse, could it affect your job prospects? Would they be offended that "the chosen one" had rejected their invitation? If it really will be hard to get there, assuming they know you have pets that's always a good get out, you would have to leave them for far too long and your usual walker/carer can't do it. Why do you think you'd make a pratt of yourself for heaven's sake, unless you think there might be too much liquid hospitality going around? If these are people you normally talk to and get along with at work, why should it be any different at an event? Sorry, too many questions, not enough answers!

Alex, go...if you can manage leaving the dogs. Just have a couple of drinks or whatever and go and enjoy the game and food...i would give my arm to go Lol...i doubt you would make a prat of yourself and i bet you a pound to a penny if it is free booze there will be more than one who does something a bit daft! I have lost count of the stupid stuff i did at works events...some of it even sober!!! our christmas do's always led to us being asked to leave and being told none of us were welcome to return Lol the last one i only showed up for one drink before going to my fellas and got barred from one of the hotels in the city centre Lol...after a few days anyone who did anything daft got forgot

go if it will help your job, other wise, maybe say oo john smith who is the same rank as me would love to go instead of me. or go for the fun and experience. id go

ive sorted out all my paperwork, got loads shredded, sorted their dog food and treats, and found a bag of dog coats, so sorted them out. I feel good

have a safe warm day xxxx

thats the problem i have Nigel...if i cook stuff i will scoff the lot in one go as nobody else likes what i do Lol

Been to town, the joys of being a woman...waxing today, lady says "is it ok for another lady to watch?" me errrr ok, i am hoping she was learning Lol

• Like 1

I have a no cold callers sign on the gate and on the front door which can be clearly seen from the road. Does this stop the buggers? No it doesn't and then when I point to the sign they play it all coy and say "oh I never noticed but anyway as I'm here...." I've had 5 cold callers knock in the past 10 days and when no 6 came knocking today I told him I had no interest in whatever it was he was hawking and please go away & shut the door on him. He then called out to his mate knocking next door that I was an ignorant cow. He also left the gate wide open which is the thing that made me see red. I went out and told them that when they find a gate shut then they should leave it as they find it especially when there is chuffin great "please close the gate" sign on it. I got a bit of attitude from them and I have to say I lost my temper and called them "rancid little piles of sh*te" and told them to feck off.

I didn't get which company they were representing but they were in suits so it wasn't garden services or fish they were peddling.It bothers me that older and/or more vulnerable people get taken in by their doorstep smarm.

Oh and apparently there has been a recent ruling that charity cold callers are allowed to ignore no cold calling signs. Well if a chugger knocks at my door they will only ensure that I NEVER donate to their cause - even if it's for animals. There are plenty of struggling causes that I can give my donations to that don't bother me in this way,

There really ought to be a law to stop ALL cold callers. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Griff I am so pleased that I am way too old to have been caught up in the age of the wax!

Oh and yes curry was gorgeous I had to restrict my portion size as I could have cleared the lot and there are 5 meals in the slow cooker at least

Care to share the recipe? I got an electric pressure cooker for Christmas that also doubles as a slow cooker at the flick of a switch.

I have one of those electric pressure cookers...to be honest I haven't used it for about 18months...it is good though, does browning, soups stews etc I also lost the instructions lol

Jazz, you are so lucky...i love foxes, we have a few round here and despite my 2rolling in their mess I feel lucky to have them