UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Any Antics

Jazz

and me!

Did you get your finger bandaged up OK Griff?

Guess what? They want to keep the scaffolding up so they can paint the wall next week. That wasn't mentioned when all this started and we were told the scaffolding would only be there a week if the weather was good. Yeah right :rolleyes:

It's an absolutely cracking day weather wise. Never mind spring has sprung - summer has arrived!

I don't think we'll be getting on with our new neighbours to be honest - although the horrible builders have finally gone the work hasn't finished and they appear to now be doing some of it themselves. Theres yet another skip out the front and on the weekend when we had 2 small children here and 2 dogs while we were out they demolished the big shed that formed part of the boundary wall between us and left nothing in its place. When we got back we didn't realise and let both dogs out into the garden now tbh Baddie is a real home bird thankfully and never goes onto that part of the garden as its got chippings and he hates the feel under his feet, however Bruno is a nosy bugger and he noticed the gap straight away and headed into their garden luckily Rob spotted him and called him back before he even realised why Bruno was headed that way, had we not noticed though they have taken to leaving their side gate open so from their garden Bruno would have been out in the close and from there the next stop is the main road! Rob was furious and said a few things very loudly with swearing about inconsiderate people leaving other peoples garden insecure when they have small children and animals or giving us any notice or warning yet again unknown to Rob they had their backdoor open and heard him (good!) and about 20 mins later the bloke came out and jammed a bit of hardboard into the gap. We still don't know however what they intend to do about that side of the garden and we are NOT going to put up a fence at our expense until we see what their plans are. At no point have they introduced themselves or apologised for all the mess and disruption that their builders have caused us nor have they informed us what they are going to do or when. Rob blanks them when we meet them on the drive and I know him well enough to know he will never make the first move as he's so angry with them and I doubt he'll ever be on speaking terms with them now.

Oh Snow, how i wish you lived near me...i am looking to rehome my stock fencing, it is 6 or 8 ft high, i have 2 spare metal posts too... it would look beautiful from your side, you can attach screening to it and it would only cost you about £20 to do but the best bit?? it looks absolutely feckin hideous from the other side Lol...i did it to my neighbours and of course they are unable to attach anything to it by law Lol. such a shame as i am sure there would have been enough for you needs, i think there may be about 10 ft in length if not more...b*gger

Yantan, oh goodness...well lets hope the weather stays nice so they can paint it and p*ss off for good!!! there is render you get now where it is already coloured, my aunty has just had her house done and we are getting ours done soon hopefully....we are going blue front and back Lol

Hair is now cut, left it long at the back/sides...it is a number 6 now as oppose to a 3, the top is nice and choppy and short and i need to get my dye out now

I thought to be honest Griff that they would be using the coloured render. We used it on our new extension although we did eventually paint it to match the rest of the house when we changed the colour.

Hair sounds great! What colour are you going?

The project manager from the building firm has given me his mobile number so I can contact him if there's anything they've missed in the clean up. They do intend to come back and have a final sweep and clean once the scaffolding is down. I must say they have made a wonderful job of cleaning our windows! The pro manager also offered to bring in some new top soil for the border but I declined. I'm just gonna put some pots and tubs on there to save getting grief from face-ache next door if we plant anything. "The roots of those plants are getting into my foundations", "those plants you have in there keep hitting the wall in the wind and disturbing me", "those plants are making my wall damp" yadda yadda yadda.

Archie is finally happy again! He's now prancing around in his garden, enjoying the sun and playing the occasional silly game of running up and down the fence with next door's dogs. It's just a paling fence so they can see each other.

Snow you have all my sympathies mate over your own face-ache neighbours. How much trouble is it to pop round to your neighbours and explain what you are going to be doing? I never get these folk that just plough on regardless - and never mind that they are the new kids on the block. Some people are just horrible. Perhaps we could arrange for your neighbours and ours to live next door to each other whilst we neighbour up together. Let the nasties be together and I am sure you, Rob, Ruby and I could muddle on nicely together.

Has anyone tried the meals from Hello Fresh. I meant to get a one-off box to try but I got side tracked by a 50% of your first box offer and I think I've signed up long term :worried_anim:

My elderly mum's neighbours built an extension on the back of their house. They did ask if they could take it to the boundary- fair enough. So they removed that part of the fence but left a gap.

My mum's dog used to go through to their garden as there was nothing to stop him.

After a while neighbours complained to a friend (who happened to know my sister and my mum) about Roy coming into their garden. Said friend firmly enlightened them that they had removed the fence and left a gap. What did they expect?

I am constantly amazed at how inconsiderate people can be nowadays , with no thought or respect for other people. is it a generation thing?

Between that and young teenagers killing people I think our society is broken.

Our neighbours ( apart from the sheep) are 1/2 mile away.

We have sunshine but a cool wind today. I have managed to clear some of the winter debris from the flower beds. They look quite smart now- until the weeds start to grow,

My son has just gone to Romania for several months. He tells me it is a cool 19 degrees there this week. Up to last week it was 30 degrees. His girlfriend went back a couple of weeks ago after three months here and has been struggling with the temperature going from a Scottish winter to that.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should point out it isn't her wall Yantan...unlike you she isn't a homeowner lol. Our neighbours are both like that, do diy with no notice and the Asians... Started an extension and the first I one of it was a bloody jackhammer going, for the first 20odd years we has a 5ft wall between us, the extension went up and a 6ft fence went up our side pretty damn quick. My mum has said when we get all the work done nobody is getting told as they don't warn us and our work will be going on for weeks/ months haha

Not tried one off those boxes...is there no way to cancel???

you have a 14 day cooling off period so you can cancel

the waters been off all day, there is a major leak on the next block and flooded their houses. ive just got some big bottles of water off the workmen,a s they don't know when it will be fixed. so what did I do? emptied the bottle of bleach into the bucket and went to fill it with water! yes ive thrown the bottle away, so have put it where the dogs wont get it. my builder has been so done the little jobs, and fixed the lock on the front shed so I can get in there. the treasures I found!

black magic I so agree with you. I frequently say "it's every man for himself these days". Although not really every man (or woman) nonetheless society at large does seem to be a lot more selfish. Of course there are still a lot of good folk around but we don't often hear about their good deeds.

Thanks Alicia!

I went out to have a good old inspection and found a lot of the old rendering caught up in our mahoosive bay tree so I collected them bits up and tipped them over on her side. She wanted the wall done, it's off that wall and she's put up with none of the inconvenience so she can get shot of it. If I find it back on our side I shall put it through her ruddy letterbox. I am not normally petty but we've had such a shed load of crap off this woman over the last 15 years since we moved here that it now bubbles away with me like a simmering pot ready to spill over.

Our other neighbours are all sitting out in their gardens and there's been a collective conversation going on about how none of them like her and how nice it is that the rest of us all get on. One neighbour whose responsibility it is for the fence on one side of her garden mentioned the state of it to the neighbour at the other side and asked if he knew someone reliable that could replace it. The neighbour told her he'd do it himself (he's good at stuff like that) so she told him she'd pay him. He said no because it benefited them too and in any case she keeps them going with home-made jams and chutneys and looks out for their cat when they are away. So all in all, despite the nasty one, we are a nice little row of folks - in amongst all the holiday lets.

To be honest if they don't fence it we will but I'll be buggered if I'll rush out and do it until we know what they are planning I honestly can't see them wanting to leave their own garden insecure - had Baddie not been such a home bird then we'd have had to do something more permanent than we did after that flipping great dangerous wall got taken down as all we did was buy some metal hook things and hang some brush screening along it for about 8' but its barely waist high and very flimsy its more of a mental barrier than an actual barrier to any animal, but it stopped right next to the side wall of the shed they took down so they left a further 4' gap to the back hedge. It wont be cheap to fence that off as when he wall was taken down all they did was smash the wall and they left all the twisted foundations in place which are right on the boundary line so those will need digging out first before anything can go up in its place and they aren't our foundations to remove so if we put up a fence it will have to be several inches inside our boundary which I'm not willing to do. We've pretty much decided that if push comes to shove and they don't end up putting in a fence or new wall then we'll just string some horrible chicken wire along the boundary & bung in a load of mature leylandii alongside the 10' ones we already have along that side see how they like that lol

Glad to hear your central heating is sorted Owl, now you and Wispa can really settle into your new home.

Glory, my miserable neighbour sounds quite reasonable compared to Snow and Yantans! Mind you, he isn't speaking to me at all, and seems to have infected the woman across the road with his bile, she always was quite friendly but the other day she was chatting to him outside his house, and they both blanked me when I walked by with Rosie. Oh the sleep I lost over that!

Can't believe another one has bitten the dust, Victoria Wood yesterday, now Prince. Glad I'm not famous for anything, I'd be feeling rather nervous.

Meant to ask Griff, is rendering very expensive? We'd like to get our place done, especially if you can get coloured render.

Edited by suzeanna

Suzeana, no idea how much rendering is .....sorry!!!! If you look up K REND, that is the stuff my aunty had, comrez in loads of colours

http://www.k-rend.co.uk/colour-swatches

Haha bet you were gutted you got blanked lol

Snow, I would do whatever was cheap make it look lovely from your side and sh#t from theirs...they won't stand it for long.....wonder if they are waiting for you to cave in and pay for a fence?

Wonderful news Owl...you will be nice and toastie next winter