UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mutterings

merledogs

I have messaged my brother to ask if he has been asked to help with Ted whilst they are away. I'll see what he replies with :unsure: I don't think they were expecting him to still be here, but since they took him off the fish, he's so much healthier and happier. Tempting to say I told you so, but I'm not that kind of person....

I think you are doing the right thing, if you ask your brother directly for the help and can make arrangements between yourselves then that would be for the best....chances are it was the fish making him very poorly and you are better than me as I would tell them as much lol

So sorry Alex :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Jayne was your phone insured?

We nearly lost Archie yesterday morning! I mean lost in being absent not dead.

Ruby let him out early on and unlike me she never checks the front gate is shut. Also unlike me she never pulls the rope over the fence post to make sure the gate can't blow open and she was the last one through it the night before so of course the rope was left off. The gate blew open through the night and of course Archie seeing it open set off out on the ratch.

She was still in her nightie when she opened the door to bring him in a few minutes later and discovered he'd gone. She rushed to get dressed and set off to look for him. She was calling and whistling for him when she rounded the corner to find a very nice man being towed behind Archie as Arch tried to respond to Ruby's calls and whistles. The chap had found him running free, managed to get close enough to put his own dog's lead on him and was looking for a phone box to call the numbers on Archie's tag when Archie heard Ruby and started pulling to go and find her.

Thank dawg it was early in the morning and there wasn't a lot of traffic around as Archie had crossed a couple of roads.

I think that little incident might make Ruby make sure the rope is in place to secure the gate in future without me having to nag!

Oh bl**dy hell, close call Yantan...hopefully that will make Ruby check things are secure. Kota got out the front once when mum and dad were going on holiday....my dad had left the door open, thankfully she was great at her recall and came back to me, he still isn't careful now though...me? i am super super careful

Grrrr... Families :rolleyes: Just phoned mum up and she brought up the topic of Ted for their holiday again. I explained that Blue is likely to be living in over summer due to his laminitis, so with working 6 days a week, seeing to Blue and Walter and Jessie, I really don't see how I can sort Ted out as well. Ted barks when left, so he can't move into my house (it's a mid terrace), so I would have to stay at theirs. I can't move Walter and Jessie into theirs as Ted would chase them. I explained there aren't enough hours in the day for me to live at theirs with Ted, work all day, sort Blue, Walter and Jessie out. This is without even factoring in the gym. Mum said that I should have another think about what we can do with him. I said a dog sitter is the only option. He can't go into kennels as his vaccines aren't up to date - he's allergic to quite a few things, so we decided to stop vaccinating him about 4 years ago. She then said that I should have another think about what we can do with him as dad won't go away unless Ted stays at home. So what started as a nice conversation ended up with me saying that dad is blackmailing me and spitting his dummy out. It's not fair to expect me to do everything when my brother lives across the road from me and actually has his own dog to sort out (so theoretically he could move back home with his other half and we could all muck in as and when), but they seem reluctant to ask them to help.

I guess it comes down to whose dog is Ted as to who has the make the arrangements but a an option might be trusted house sitters https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/house-and-pet-sitters/

Sam ( still pretending to be Mark )

Edited by Hollysdad

Thanks Sam, I'll have a look at their website later :flowers:

Thankfully my phone is insured. Just been into the carphone warehouse on the way home from work to make the claim. The bloke laughed and asked me if I was telling the truth as it was a really bizarre accident :laugh: Anyway, my new one is being delivered on Wednesday :) Thankfully I'm off work on Wednesday so I can pick it up on the way home from the hairdresser :)

What a terrific idea...it is a bit like that house swap program on telly, people come to your place,you go to there's and if you have animals you take care of each others

After you posting about Archie this morning I have ordered a new latch for my back gate!

• Like 1

No nor me!

Nor me - if Id known that I'd have gone to New Zealand to visit my cousin years ago.

Moaning :tired:

Back to work today, but at least I'm WFHing. Have to be at the vets with Lily (repeat bloods for hyperactive thyroid) and Timmy (repeat scan for his spleen) at 9ish this morning. Should just set up a camp bed in reception.