UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Stonking Stirrings

merledogs

Good news Jazz!

Sounds as though you had fun, Alex...but shame you went all that way for such a short time.

I hadn't realised how dark it had got..went to go out to give the cats their supper and found the outside light has blown. So there I was, in my jammies (just had a bath), torch in trembling hand, negotiating our rather spooky garden whilst trying to avoid any obvious spider webs. I think we've cornered the market in orb spiders, there are dozens of em! Quite pretty, compared to the big black hairy ones, but I don't like spiders of any size shape or colour! There was a bigggg one in the bath yesterday, thankfully Philip doesn't mind them so he fished it out and lowered it out of the window. It's probably sitting there plotting a route back in.

Glad the away day / team building turned out ok Alex :)

What you having done Griff? I need to have my whole bathroom ripped out and redone, but am procrastinating as it is going to be quite disruptive I think.

Glad the phone is back Jazz, though that was quite a long time for it to be down.

I am off on my holibobs tomorrow :) I should be packed but haven't started... I think tomorrow morning is going to be a bit chaotic. Tomorrow is also Morse's 15th birthday :party: As I won't be seeing him before I go, he got some cheese from me today - I think he enjoyed it :wub_anim:

ivgVWull.jpg

Edited by Sophie
  • Like 2

The crisis centre was very good , I think we have the right help now

I know this is going to sound a bit woe is me ( when its not about me ) but I have found this very emotionally draining and stressful and on top of my day to day stuff its actually made me feel pretty crap , upset my sleeping and eating patterns and given me what seems to be a permanent headache

I am only imagine how shite it is being this lady if this is how I feel just helping her

:elefant: Happy Birthday Morse :elefant:

:GroupHug: :grouphug: Sam. Look after yourself.

:wub: Alex.

Happy birthday Morse :)

Had a rather expensive day today. My washing machine was on it's way out (it kept tripping my fuse box), so I went to the clearance place in Manchester and bought a new Samsung ecobubble washer - reduced from £360 to £250 :biggrin: I also nipped into halfords to see about getting some road tyres for my cycle to Blackpool in a couple of weeks. Turns out my wheels on my mountain bike are too big. I spied a really nice neat road bike in the clearance bit though, reduced from £450 to £150. So I brought it home with me. I just can't figure out the gearing on it though, so I'll be calling my uncles up to ask how they work :laugh:

Sophie, we are having new windows...all over the house including the third storey, new bathroom suite, built in units and new tiles floor to ceiling on all walls, all of the bedrooms are being decorated, the downstairs loo is being redone and at some point the lounge, i have also been stripping the banister and spindles on the stairs and gallery landing...i can only do a tiny bit before i am worn out but what i have done so far has pleased my mum. Not looking forward to having the workmen in and out with the dogs and cat ... especially if i don't feel well...oh yeah, nearly forgot we are getting the area between the windows rendered and the roof bit done on the front and back provided we get planning consent.

Happy birthday Morse...good old age

Gooster, good luck on your ride

HLGS, fully understand what you mean about it being draining...hopefully the lady will now have a decent outcome for her and her little boy

Suzeanna, you were very brave to go and see to the cats especially as you don't like spiders

Jazz, hope the op goes well

Merledogs, what a lovely lovely piccie

HLGS it's not surprising you are feeling like that. You were up against the very real danger that this lady might suffer worse injuries or even lose her life if you could not find a way to help her. That is enough to stress anyone out, however resilient they are.

My lovely friend Vicky came today to help me clear the rest of the loft. The stuff up there is what I am storing for someone else. We got the whole lot into the front bedroom, so I know it will fit into garage at new place if necessary. Ideally I want to see it all go, but it belongs to someone with a serious hoarding problem. Getting her to sort it is a major issue. But at least I know it won't hold up the move.