UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Stonking Stirrings

merledogs

Sorry to hear that Sam, that's not right at all. Some people are just weird xxx

Good luck with the new fence Snow!!

Go Jazz!! Well done on the Zimmer frame.

I have a physio booked for Tuesday, I will get my hip / pelvis whatever is wrong sorted out so I can run properly again. Amazing what damage you can do when falling on the stairs!

HLGS you are quite right. After a couple of similar incidents, both involving close friends, which drove me to near breakdown, I now have a strict rule. If anyone speaks/writes to me in a way that I would never speak/write to anyone EVER ... They are booted out of my life permanently unless they apologise. I don't wish them harm, I just can't afford to deal with people who behave that way.

If anyone has a genuine complaint or grievance against me, I will do my best to sort it out. But if they want to make me feel bad or accuse me of things which are untrue, they can just buzz off.

Went on a great bat watching walk last night. First we had a talk with slides at the wildlife centre, then off we went round the lake with bat detectors so we could hear their squeaks. Not only do they use echolocation for hunting, but they sing to attract mates. There were some biologists trapping and weighing pipistrelles. Sweet creatures, so tiny and delicate.

• Like 1

Sam, you've been running Dogstar for quite a while now, has something changed that your "friend" has suddenly turned nasty?

The person has a number of issues with a number of our other friends ( non charity related ) over a period of time and they were very upset that we would not take sides and stop talking to the people they fell out with ( we recommended they sit down with other friends to try and resolve issues ) , Today they started blaming us for "making them feel bad " by not "taking their side" and being "unfaithful" because we still talk to the other friends even though "it hurts them to see us being friends" saying we were not "real friends" because 'real friends" would have cut the other people out of their life etc etc and then proceeded to write a vile venting ranting email twisting innocent events into huge conspiracies and I presume being spiteful about Dogstar because its personal to us .

I think they need to speak to some one in a professional manner because they clearly have demons and issues that non of our friendship group are able ( or now willing ) to help with.

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Owl, that walk sounds really interesting. I love bats - they're very cute and eat lots of bugs so there are less to bother me.

Today I tested out my new bike carrier - I'm heading off on holiday next Saturday and planning to bring my bike with me, so decided I'd better test everything out locally first. I'm pleased to say that neither the bike nor the carrier fell of the car :) This is especially good as Logan seems to be having a particularly grumpy spell and I'm going to have to keep him on leash for a few weeks I think, as he's grumping at dogs completely unprovoked today. He's muzzled, but still not acceptable for him to be having a go - at least with the bike I can tire him out without walking miles and miles myself.

Sophie, what a refreshing change to hear somebody say it is not nice for their dog to have a pop muzzled or not, i am fed up with people here letting their dogs bark at mine...my pair bark at another dog and they get told off

Sam...some people are really just pr*cks and it is never them that is the problem it is everyone else in the world, one day maybe the penny will drop!! sounds like you are better off without them

Murlte vicks on your feet is awesome, i never thought it would work but was chuffed when it did.

I am shattered, have spent the day helping my dad erect a fence... it did not go smoothly but he didn't throw his toys out of the pram and we just have one little bit left to do......don't think iw ill be able to move for a year!!!!

really really p*ssed off at the moment, my noisy neighbours have got dog number 3, they already have 2 dogs that they just leave in the house all day every day and they get a loo break at lunch if they are lucky...if they are really good they get a 10 minute walk, they never go in the garden to play and you never hear anyone talking to them or anything....at what point would you think to get another one that you aren't going to bother with is a good idea?? couldn't ever imagine treating a dog like that, it is a horrid life for them

Moaning :tired:

I seem to have developed a cough/cold overnight. Deep joy.

This week's not going to be what I would call fun, starting with a conference call at 9 this morning, ending in a two day awayday (hate those things) and then on Saturday I have agreed to go to Old Trafford to watch United v Liverpool and I really don't want to go.