UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

It's been on the market for 14 months according to friendly next door neighbour so I don't think it's going anywhere before Monday! But have asked agent to advise vendor of my interest and that I intend to make an offer.

I got up to let them out at 6.30, went to go back to bed, but in that short time someone had thrown up on my bed! and yes it sunk through to the mattress. so had a kip on the sofa, with 4 dogs there with me of course. the bedding is washed, and im knackered lol

and its not 9am yet, what a day it might be lol

The sun has got her hat on! It's gonna be a glorious day today. I am sitting here supping coffee and still in my PJ's. I should really get showered and take The Archibald out before it gets too hot and too busy.

I drove Ruby's car yesterday when I took her through to Penrith for the train taking her on the first part of her holiday. I have only driven it once before (last year) when she got it and that was just a quick try out around the block. OMG it was SO different from my little Poppy Panda. I started off hating it but by the time I got back I was very much warming to it. She's getting a new one in November though so I don't want to get too used to this one. I was asking her what make and model she fancied and she said they have a new scheme at work regarding company cars and at her grade she is only allowed to have either an Audi or a BMW! She's a bit pee'd off with that though as she wanted either something like the new Fiat 500 or a 4WD Panda. I don't think I'd be pee'd off with a choice of either Audi or BMW but she was really rather cross about it!

Yak Alicia. I hope you can get the bed cleaned up OK. I hate to say this but since George left us I don't tend to have much cleaning up to do. Archie is - and always has been - such a clean little boy. Although to be honest if I could have my George back I would willingly go back to the cleaning up that his seizures necessitated. He also wasn't averse to sneeking down to the hall through the night to have a pee (and sometime's a poo) just because he could :devil: :wub:

I am with Ruby on that one, Yantan. I would choose a Panda 4x4 over a BMW or an Audi, especially in an area like yours.

Will wander into town soon and pop into estate agent, and make my first offer. Might as well.

Wibbling a bit. Owning a house is far too grown up for me to do.

She could get an Audi with quattro - they have 4X4 :) I love my Audi - best car I have ever had :wub: I wouldn't go for a BMW up there - they are rear wheel drive and would be rubbish in snow, but the Audi is front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive, so should be ok :)

Owl I am glad to hear you are making a first offer and not going in at asking price. It's surprising how many people do! You might find the survey is another way to get further reductions depending on what it throws up. The survey we had on one house brought up a number of things which we passed over to the owners asking if they were prepared either to put them right or reduce the price so we could get the work done. They chose to reduce the price. Most of the stuff sounded bad on paper but wasn't that much of a big deal. Some of it we just never did and when we sold the new owners never mentioned them to us despite having had a survey done! Same thing happened to some friends of ours.

Thanks Jayne. She is already leaning towards Audi, they have such a good reputation. I don't think BMW are a patch on what they used to be. I shall tell her about them being rear wheel drive as I don't think she knows that.

Yes, I will be saying my offer is subject to survey. I know some work needs doing but I won't know the extent obviously until surveor has been.

There are some lovely houses going at around the same price with everything done, modern kitchens etc, so people have overlooked this one. It was reduced in June but still no interest. A question of priorities I think. As I am semi feral and would ideally like to live in a wood, this one is as near as I can get to doing that. Back gate leads straight into a woodland nature reserve.

The decor is weird and the kitchen units need replacing, but bathroom is decent. And there are 2 original fireplaces in good condition from the 1920s when it was built. It would cost a lot if you wanted a superb kitchen and to recarpet the house at once, but I can do all that as and when I pick up bargains in that line. As long as it is warm, dry and sound, that is enough for me.

• Like 1

Owl it sounds lovely! I especially like that it leads straight out to the nature reserve.

Around here when houses are sold the new owners all seem to want to knock the hell out of them even regardless sometimes of the work the previous owner put in. We've watched 3 houses near to us be "brought-up-to-date" which has meant TOTAL renovation, taking out all original features (boo, hiss) only to be sold 4 or 5 years later and have the next owners take it all to bits and start again. I guess if you can afford a second home, which these are, you can afford to waste money on unnecessary renovations in a bid to "make it your own". Ours is only one of about 3 out on our street that retains it's original lay-out, not counting the kitchen/bathroom extension we had to do due to the original being unfit for purpose.

I can't wait to see photos of the new Owlery all being well :)