UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fine Findings

Jazz

Oooh I've always wanted to find some "baddies" Snow. I'll bet your ancestors didn't do an awful lot wrong to get transported :(

You know if you keep doing so much of your ex-boss's job TPTB will have no incentive to replace her. Don't go making yourself ill!

I've finished putting everything right (it took me and hour-and-a-half) so am rewarding myself with a half-hours internet. The van is doing a pick up tomorrow morning so I will have to get up early and catch up on what today's mistake stopped me doing.

What's everyone having for tea? Or had if you've reading this afterwards!

Nah they won't not replace her in fact they are shortlisting today for the applicants for the post and will be interviewing next week, might get lucky and get someone who doesn't need to give notice so can start right away and I can hand it all over to them - though I rather suspect not, have a feeling they may hold off letting them start before years end (April) as its saving some salary. Just keeping my fingers crossed whoever they choose will be someone I can work with as I am used to being very independent in my role and I won't tolerate being micromanaged.

I've got a pasta bolognese popty ping thing and garlic bread slices for tea - too knackered to cook anything else.

Lentil cottage pie and cheesecake. Fighting the dreaded cold/chest bug which has attacked everyone I know, and has now landed on me. Did not help, lots of people hugging me on Monday. It is not good to let humans hug or kiss you, they carry germs!

We had smashed potatoes (not the correct name but apt. I boil 1 redskin potato each thoroughly and leave to go cold. Then I put 'em on a baking tray and smash them open till they are squashed pretty flat. With a good shake of black pepper over them and some sea salt, I then drizzle them lightly with oil and cook 'em in the oven for about 35/40 mins at 180C. They come out all crisp skinned and the flesh is browned and also crispy on the edges. We love them! They make a great dish just on their own too.)

I also did roasted cauli and sprouts and I had a lamb steak and Ruby had a salmon fillet - yak!

Murtle if you are about part 2 of series 11 of Grey's Anatomy is on Sky 1 tonight at 9pm or 10pm on plus 1.

suzeanna - it's not the problem the garage were sorting (which was purely cosmetic). This problem happened before the car went in.

The staff at Enterprise were very good when I got there. When the manager saw me pull up in a taxi they knocked the cost of the taxi off my bill, plus gave me an upgrade. The Corsa I had last time was very basic and drove like a tractor. The new one I've got is ace, very nippy and responsive and even has heated seats and steering wheel. I tried the heated seats and it just made me feel like I'd wet myself :laugh:

:laugh: My heated seats in my old Hyundai used to make me feel like that. Ana's heated seats are lovely though. They have 6 settings. I get a toasty bum on setting 3, so god knows what they do on setting 6 :unsure: :laugh:

I have been speed dating tonight, so had tea out. I had BBQ chicken wings, steak and peppercorn sauce, garlic bread and pannacotta, it was yummy :) didn't meet anyone who blew my socks off at speed dating though :rolleyes:

Enjoy your day off tomorrow Sam - you have definitely earned it :)

Morning all

Dex cat decided to join us all in bed today...lovely of him but gosh i am knackered! he opens the door himself and them mooches up and down the side of the puppies crates until i pick him up and for a little 3 legged cat he doesn't half hog the bed and quilt Lol i then had to try and get the dogs out of the bedroom without them realizing he was in bed or it would have been mayhem....i managed thankfully. The pups go for their first wees together and are normally really good but today they are being a right pair of s*ds, i have had to make 4 trips to get them to do their business

my plans for today are............ go on my vibrating plate, make liver cake for the dogs...yak and make pasta bake for tea if i feel up to it

as for what was for dinner yesterday.............. i was super naughty and had a scallop batch!