UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

No, the shark will not live in the bath, but cleaning the bathroom will be one of its activities. It is a steam cleaning widget with many attachments which is supposed to do pretty well everything.

Thanks for advice murtle, but I think the Russian in question lives in Russia and thinks I am the rich one. Dream on!

Thursday is Presidential Election here , to say we do not live in a functioning Democracy would be an understatement ,

The opposition candidate is gaining popularity but the last opposition challenger in 2010 ( who lost ) was arrested and inprisoned for 2 years,

state media control ,bribes , rote rigging , civil unrest and protesters being killed are normal day to day events here

today has suddenly become a public holiday ( this was decided yesterday ) so busy trying to phone round to see if any of my appointments are still doable

on the plus side the weather is great !

I don't see anyone for weeks, so its taken 3 days to get the guts to go to the shops. im glad I did it. my hands are good at the moment so could drive easily.

If its not to rude a question to ask what age are you please ? I am wondering if there not charities or groups that can offer you some assistance especially to stop you becoming so isolated

Moaning :tired:

Sam - although we bitch and moan about our politicians, we are lucky to have the opportunity to elect them. I can't imagine how helpless it must feel not to be able to do so :(

Back at work today after 11 days off. I really REALLY don't want to go.

I am about to take Archie out in the car. Now all the crowds have gone I can safely move the car and know I can get parked when I get back. The car hasn't moved for almost 2 weeks so I hope it starts OK!

I hope everyone returning to work today has a good day :flowers:

Moaning :tired:

Sam - although we bitch and moan about our politicians, we are lucky to have the opportunity to elect them. I can't imagine how helpless it must feel not to be able to do so :(

Today the severed heads of dogs were placed on the doorsteps of opposition politicians

the UK is many things and you might not like the government you have but you can safely stand up and oppose their policies and vote for who you want without fear

Although we are resident we don't get a vote but I might go down the polling station with one of my staff just to see as I am interested to see the process, its the counting that no one trusts not the actual voting and boxes often go missing between the polling stations and the counting offices

The photos ( which I will not share here ) are all over Facebook , Election is on the 8th and the result will be on the 9th

its going to be nasty either way and I am sending all my staff home on the 8th (to vote ) and have told them they all stay at home on the 9th and we decide that evening whats next

I am being a proper little squirrel and storing up food and supplies just in case we have curfews and day time movement restrictions as both will impact on food delivery which is at the best a bit hit and miss !

and so many people think I play with puppies every day

• Like 1