UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Alex, my dad has just been on sleeping tablets, they gave him them to have for 4 days in a row to try and get his body back into a normal sleeping pattern again, they did work and e felt a lot better but as soon as he stopped them he went back to normal....he can take a tablet on the nights he is most exhausted and he is not addicted...in fact he hasn't had any for around a month, i can't find which ones he had but i could ask him when i see him if you want. Have a good night

Suzeanna, i am hoping you have made it safely to the hospital and i really hope they have managed to put your mind at rest.... how long will you have to wait for the results?

Jazz, i am sure the car will go soon, i know what you mean about the dog walkers, the ost crap one here is 11 pound a walk..... they take massive groups of dogs out too and leave their mess all over the place...lazy sods

Well now I am going to pee you right off Griff when I tell you our DW costs £7.50 an hour. We pay £10 for an hour-and-a-half's walk which doesn't include transportation to the start of each walk and that means Naomi can get them up some of the lower fells in that time.

Here's a few photos our DW has taken of Archie with some of the other dogs she walks.

Archie is on the left:

10926318_777056929029807_179395301028422

She's had this one put on some of her cards:

10900227_777055302363303_171404887667684

Archie in the middle:

10830773_779987702070063_317091937433234

Funnily enough this one was taken almost opposite our old house on the other side of the river:

905896_776683912400442_62186579205349039

This one made me laugh - I think it's the intensity of Archie's stare:

10410500_777057142363119_563834343422474

• Like 1

Your DW sounds amazing Marion :)

I think it could be worth trying the tablets Alex - your GP won't have give you super strong ones, just mild ones I imagine.

I passed my PADI open water diver qualification today :biggrin: Shortly after I passed, I got an email from PADI about Sri Lanka diving. Might add that to my list and visit Sam and Mark too :ninja: Over the last 2 days, I've dived in some of the most amazing reef in the world. Seen loads of aquatic life, from Dolphins and stingrays to clown fish (Nemo) and angel fish! It's been amazing, although I won't miss setting my alarm clock for 7.15am to catch the boat :laugh:

Am hoping everything is ok back home, mum and dad have already said that if anything happens with charlie, they wouldn't tell me whilst I am away.

• Like 1

No snow here !

Jayne would be lovely to finally meet you in person , there are 2 dive seasons here depending on east or West coast monsoons but I understand the diving is great here . How much is it to complete the PADI course ? I might get round to it here later this year if I can take a week off work

I have 2 days off now , we have vaccinated 1909 dogs against rabies in 9 day sand we are all knackered

• Like 1

I did my theory online before I came out here. It was £120. I then paid £200 for the diving over here. It was well worth it. I had 3 dive days. One in the pool at the hotel, in which you demonstrate dive skills (like removing your mask, recovering your regulator, taking your weight belt off etc). Then 2 days diving. The first day we did 2 dives, one on the morning where you had to show your skills in open water and the same again in the afternoon, but you still got to swim around the reefs. Then today, my morning dive had a few more skills and a swim. This afternoon was just a pleasure dive. I would really recommend it :) It might be cheaper if you do the theory and practical at the same time. I chose to do it this way so I didn't spend a day in the classroom on my holiday! :)

My son did his PADI training years ago in Thailand, he said Sharm is great for diving but he's also done open water diving in Britain, around wrecks etc. That of course was before he had three kids!

I asked the radiographer if she could let me know if things looked ok and she said sorry no..they check then a doctor double checks. I'll get the results in one to two weeks. Nearly went flying in town though, going between buses...it's so icy. Yesterday apparently the car parks at the hospital were lethal, even the ambulances couldn't get in and out.

yantan.... i hate you!!! not really Lol, it is £11 for an hour and 16 for 2 dogs but as i say from what i can gather they put them in a van... i have seen how they are transported and not keen, and then the whole lot get let out, at the meeting about pspo's that i have attended they said that this company take 16 dogs at a time!!!!

Gooster, congratulations, clever you, my mum and dad never told me when dex got ran over as they knew i would be straight home

Suzeanna, i will keep eveything crossed for positive news

I always told mother or the boys who were looking after the dogs, if anything happened don't tell me

when I was in hospital with pneumonia, lewis happily told me shadow was collapsing. I nearly had a breakdown and wanted to go home, on oxygeon! david did his nut with him. they didn't do it again

I did my theory online before I came out here. It was £120. I then paid £200 for the diving over here. It was well worth it. I had 3 dive days. One in the pool at the hotel, in which you demonstrate dive skills (like removing your mask, recovering your regulator, taking your weight belt off etc). Then 2 days diving. The first day we did 2 dives, one on the morning where you had to show your skills in open water and the same again in the afternoon, but you still got to swim around the reefs. Then today, my morning dive had a few more skills and a swim. This afternoon was just a pleasure dive. I would really recommend it :) It might be cheaper if you do the theory and practical at the same time. I chose to do it this way so I didn't spend a day in the classroom on my holiday! :)

I shall seriously look at it this later this year , can you give me the link to the online course as I would rather do it that way , if you can send me the links to the PADI approved places in Negombo I shall go and check them out as well

Suzeanna Hope you get the all clear soon.

Marion Your Archie reminds me so much of my Bonzo 2, just a bit bigger that's all. He has the same full of mischief look.

Griff You are doing so well managing the two dogs now. Taking only one to classes will be much easier on you and them.

Sam and Mark You have done so well in everything you have achieved since you set up Dogstar.

Hope the snow continues to skirt round here

Alex, my MIL takes the boots variety of sturgeon15, they are a travel sickness tablet but make you drowsy. She also didn't want to get addicted to sleeping tablets. They are available behind the counter, because they make you drowsy!

Snow in Reading, no snow in Peterborough. I on Peterborough!!

xxx

Moaning :tired:

Murtle and griff - thanks for the advice on sleeping tablets :flowers: I don't have problems going to sleep just early waking up. I'm hypersensitive to a lot of drugs so I'm worried they'd just zombify me or I'd have other side effects. I'll have a think.

suzeanna - I'm sending tons of positive thoughts to you :GroupHug:

Marion those pics are luffly and Archibald is so hansum :wub: Who is the stunning farm collie in the first couple of pics? My favourite kind of dog just like my Max :wub: :wub: :wub:

Had a great night last night - I specifically invited people I knew I'd have a real laugh with and I was right. Given that I don't drink (even if I have a glass of wine or lager I normally add water to it), I had seven or eight pints of lager followed by a G&T so I was a wee bit tipsy :lmaosmiley: :wacko: Got to bed about midnight, got up to go to the loo at 5am and was still p*ssed. Went back to sleep and got up at 8. I feel okay, just really tired so am gonna have a duvet day with the dogs :wub:

The car repair place estimate the completion date for my car is 9th Feb! They've only got to replace the ruddy door, how does that take two weeks?!

morning. my pink hi viz has come. just waiting still for the purple mobile phone cover.

had a terrible night, feet were killing me, so got up at 9.30

I have amatriptiline at night. just 10ml for nerve pain, but I do sleep better with them