UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

I am here, doing lots of things but reading seems more interesting!!

We were lucky when we changed our mattress owl as we stayed with a friend and loved their mattress so went and got the same 😄

Home time now...work is frustrating but I am planning an exit strategy and it gave me research time today for Dogstar so not all bad!

xxx

I am watching broad church. I'm enjoying it so far :)

I'm here :) Flight was good and I got to have a nosy in the cockpit and take a pic of Miles (my new travel companion) in the cockpit :laugh: All the staff have welcomed me back - not quite sure how they remember me, but it's a lovely touch. Have been invited to a cocktail reception tomorrow evening with the manager as I am a repeat guest :)

It's a clever thing those in hotels do Jayne! We used to have repeat guests where I did my Uni placement and although we would discuss all "repeaters" the morning of their arrival, staff would actually remember people from their previous visit(s). It is really strange but we would recognise people. I always questioned if people wanted to be in the same room though as we had guests that had been coming to the same hotel for 25 years and had stayed in the same room each time (unless a disaster happened) The same used to happen when I worked in a restaurant. Now I struggle to remember the names of people I worked with on my last contract, oh how times have changed!

Sadly two of the old people in our block of flats have died over the last few days. What is disturbing is that one of them was taken by ambulance to hospital and was there for a while, but they never contacted his daughter, they have done previously when he has been there (and worse is that we didn't know her details to tell her). They contacted her after he had died. 😢

Car going in to be fixed today, fingers crossed.

Oh that is sad Murtle, perhaps the old chap didn't want her contacting? if his daughter had something important on...you know how old people can be some times about not wanting to inconvenience people

Whoops Merlin, i took the tiles up in the kitchen and put vinyl back down, it is great, the pup is incontinent and i just said if it couldn't be sorted with propalin then the carpets would al be coming up and vinyl going down, you get some really really nice stuff now