UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muttering

merledogs

Baddie is booked in to see the vet this evening, no idea what he's done to himself, he's limping on his right front leg and struggling to get up or lay down without yelping. Once he's up and moving around a bit the limp is less obvious but he's definitely moving stiffly and reluctant to pick up a treat from the floor although he ate his breakfast from the raised feeder without any problems. I have been over him from head to toe, poking and proding, stretching the legs, even looked between all his toes and theres nothing obviously wrong and no pain response from any of my examinations of him. I think its the shoulder rather than the leg and can only guess that maybe he's knocked himself on something or somehow pulled a muscle, though where or how he's done it is a blinking mystery. He is quite able to do a full greyhound playbow stretch front and back without a murmur, its only really happening when he gets up from laying down and starts moving. Its possible at his age he's got a touch of arthritis but I wouldn't have expected it to come on so suddenly like this.

My back seems to be fine now *touch wood* it was ok'ish over the weekend but Sunday evening I was in real pain again, nothing I did eased it except going to bed and going to sleep however Tuesday morning I woke up feeling different - can't explain it but just felt fine, went for a wee which was a little stingy but not from the wee if you know what I mean and ever since then I've been pretty much back to normal so *fingers crossed* it could have been a kidney stone but theres no way of knowing, if it happens next month then I'll know its me 'ormones. Theres also some link to muscle pains with giving up smoking so it could even have been that *shrugs* just have to wait n see and hope that it was just a one off.

Happy birthday Marian xx

Thanks folks! I have done well as I have accumulated £120 in Amazon vouchers and cash so I can have a spending spree. And I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered about a half hour ago. Oh and Ruby rang to tell me not to make any tea as she was going to stop at our favourite Chinese on her way home and pick up one of their banquet meals. Num num num :biggrin:

Griff I am sorry you are having a crap day :GroupHug:

Positive thoughts for Baddie's vet visit. I hope he's soon feeling better :GroupHug:

Nice one Alex. I like the replacement too :)

• Like 1

Enjoy your birthday banquet Yantan...and spending the vouchers!

Griff, so sorry you're being messed about. There's nothing worse than being told one thing by one set of people and something entirely different by another lot. My mum spent nearly three years in a sanatorium when I was 8, due to her GP telling her that no way did she have TB (since my dad had just died from it, and she was a district nurse before she had me, she thought she was right but believed him.) Of course it then got so much worse she was lucky to survive it at all. You'd think your medical lot would cross check your notes and see you couldn't have a blockage in your nose. Don't let them put you through any unpleasant procedures. A friend of mine is suffering badly with pain from kidney stones and has been for ages, they've just cancelled the op she was meant to be having for the second time, only days before it was due. Some parts of the NHS work well, others seem to be a nightmare.

Snow, hope Baddie will be o.k, dogs can get an arhtritis that is caused by infection and that can happen quite quickly i believe, diesel used to get it really bad in her Hock joint and the number of times i thought i was going to lose her because of it is unbelievable, that used to come on really quickly too and she wouldn't be anymore swollen than normal

Yantan well done on all those vouchers and enjoy your banquet... munch ome for meas i am on yet another flippin diet!!

Lol Merledogs, i read that tattoo mistake too, there is a thing on FB called worst tattoos ever, there are some real shockers on there Lol i bet the people doing laser treatment make a fortune

Hope you enjoyed your birthday and banquet tonight Marion :flowers:

Date guy keeps sending me messages on Facebook - me thinks he's keen. However he keeps interrupting my 24 marathon! Don't want to ignore him, but he's kinda driving me mad!

Morning.

Griff :GroupHug:

How did baddie get on at the vet snow?

Glad the birthday banquet was enjoyable :)

Busy day today. Lots to sort out. So far I've managed to submit my meter readings to new energy supplier - which isn't exactly a time consuming task but it managed to be more complicated than it should have been, plus I left it to the last minute. I'm waiting for someone to show up to put 2 new tyres on my car, as both the front tyres have slow punctures and the tread is getting low. I should probably do some work today, and then I'm off to see the new x-men film with my sister this evening :)

Baddie was his usual clownish self lol when we set out Baddie of course yelped as he went down the one step from the front door, limped across the drive on 3 legs, refused to even consider jumping up into the boot of the car and played the hurty greyhound to the hilt however once at the vets he pretty much threw himself into Robs arms diving out of the boot and had to be caught in midair!! He then walked into the surgery with ease and demanded ear rubs from the staff and other people in the waiting room. He then proceeded to trot into the consulting room causing the vet to ask "so whats the matter with him then?" leaving us spluttering that he WAS limping honest!! Anywhoo sneaky vet got us to walk in circles turning to the right at which point she could see him favouring that side. His heart rate was up but temp was fine and there is a tremor in that leg if he stands still for a while, the pain seems to be in the right elbow so he's either given it a bang on something or we'll need xrays to rule out the nasties .... so she prescribed metacam for 5 days, light exercise only and back to see her if no improvement after the metacam stops. This morning he seems much more comfortable has been trotting about in the garden having a good old sniff about and is getting up and down without a murmur, so fingers crossed it was just a bump or knock and nothing more serious. Best of all when we came to pay we were in credit and it only cost me £7 lol

that is good news Snow, funny how they get to the vets and are miraculously healed Lol

Sophie, hope you get your tyres sorted and enjoy the film

blood test for me today and that is it i am doing nothing else!!!!

good news snow xx

I feel your pain snow, thats whats happening with me. I got rushed into hospital I was in so much pain, it was that lol

I was going to run an errand, look round the shops, naaa ill just run the errand lol