UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muttering

merledogs

well done to your daughter Suzeanna, lucky for the cat she was around

Merledogs, hope you manage to pick up the mower and get your £50 back

speaking of grass, my lovely neighbour cut his grass at 7.40am on a bank holiday!!!! i am getting seriousy pi**ed off with him, his daughter has tried talking to him but he just shouts at her and carries on, he also waters his garden at 5.30am even though it has rained/going to rain

Alex..was it you, some while ago, who mentioned that they got their bird food from an online supplier? I'm spending a fortune seemingly feeding every goldfinch in the county, plus greenfinches, blue tits, sparrows and the perishing pigeons which scoff more than the rest put together!

Good for your daughter Suzeanna :flowers:

The empty house next door to me started having work done on it this morning at 8.30 :angry: Thankfully I had to be up for work at 8.45, so it didn't disturb my sleep too much. Got home tonight and the whole kitchen has been ripped out :unsure:

Just made a really yummy tea - I made chilli beef noodles and then had strawberries and cream for afters :biggrin: I love cooking meals from scratch :biggrin:

Suzeanna, well done to your daughter.

Snow, thank you for dealing with those pests for us so we don't even see them.

On Saturday I went on the cruise. Yesterday I went to a rhubarb festival, in the walled garden at Clumber Park where 131 different varieties are grown. Not that I like the stuff, but we had a walk in the park and then I wandered in out of curiosity and to have a mooch round the walled garden, which was full of peaches, plums etc grown against the walls. I did stop at the tasting stall and tried some, but decided all rhubarb is still vile even with 131 varieties, of which some have interesting and poetic names. Funny thing, I thought a "Prince Albert" was something completely different. But it is an old variety of rhubarb, and just as unappealing as its other meaning. There were also rhubarb games which some people were playing. Obstacle course with egg and rhubarb. Rhubarb darts.

And today we went tracking near Warwick. Did a long stint, then Jenny with Tiga the beagle arrived from Kent to take over. Wispa was remarkably focused while tracking from a major intersection between A46 and M50, but I think the wet weather and the sheer amount of traffic fumes made it hard for an air scenting dog. The beagle was doing rather better with the ground scent, and they are staying over and having another go.

Tomorrow we may be doing as little as possible. Saturday's trip I would be happy to repeat. Sunday's event was more likely to repeat on me. And today's excursion I hope I don't have to repeat, I hope they catch the little blighter.

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Alex..was it you, some while ago, who mentioned that they got their bird food from an online supplier? I'm spending a fortune seemingly feeding every goldfinch in the county, plus greenfinches, blue tits, sparrows and the perishing pigeons which scoff more than the rest put together!

I get mine from Costco, which you can order online (costco.co.uk) but you need a membership card. If you know somebody with one they could order for you or you could borrow their number? :flowers: Sadly I've stopped feeding the many birds who came to my garden to eat because of the rats :( I think I'll try again but put less down so there's less wasteage.

RMF : I ache in places I didn't know I had after yesterday's exertions in the garden. I did enjoy it though and the garden looks much tidier. Still a way to go but we're getting there.

Owl, you have been busy! Makes me tired just reading it :flowers:

Did you find your secateurs yantan?

I had a fairly busy weekend. We're trying to get the house ready to sell, so I was doing housy things most of the weekend. New door handles on a couple of the doors, painted (5 coats!) the cupboard door - only for Paul to put a wooly blanket down on the door as the last coat was drying so I need to sand it down and try again :mad1: I went into town with my sister and mum for some shopping and lunch yesterday, which was good fun. Bought some new shoes so I might actually be able to wear a skirt and look professional at work this summer.

Bad luck about the door Sophie, after all your hard work! I managed to buy a pair of ballerina type shoes and a pair of sandals for my holiday yesterday, and being from Asda, they didn't cost me much.

I'm feeling rather down at the moment. I know I should be counting my blessings that I'm still here at all after the cancer thing, but now the swelling has almost gone around my incision I can see the dent...(dent? More of a bomb crater!) that the removal of the tumour has left and I just sat last night and cried. I've never been vain, never had cause to be! but I was proud that I still had a good bust and now they don't match and the icky one sort of lurches to the side due to the chunk out of it. My lovely OH says he doesn't care, no one else can see it, so why am I so upset? I'm obviously a shallow type who doesn't appreciate the bigger picture. :unsure: (That is my thought by the way, not his!)

Suzeanna I don't think you are shallow at all. I think a lot of women would have the same reaction and I feel it's entirely natural and normal to feel that way.

You can get a 20kg of wild bird seed from the online Pet's Supermarket for under £14 delivered. I usually get it from them and they have been reliable. If you Google you may also find another supplier having a special offer on with an even cheaper price. A few months ago I found somewhere selling a 20kg bag for a tenner delivered.

Jayne you can't make a statement like that and leave us hanging! Come on woman - details! :)

No Sophie the secateur's have not turned up :( As soon as I buy another pair they will though - sod's law! Good luck with the house sale :flowers:

Owl I loved your account of your weekend. I am a rhubarb lover! I made a rhubarb crumble over the weekend from rhubarb my neighbour gave me from her allotment. She said she has a hard time sharing it because no one else seems to like it.