UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Oration

merledogs

congratulations Snow what a lovely post indeed , well not the bit about your legs swelling but the rest of it. Did you wear flight socks ? I do every trip even short haul and some recent visitors to Dogstar who had trouble post flight with swelling also wore them for a few days after and said that made a difference

I am back in the UK after a trip to Barcelona for a animal welfare conference and I am utterly exhausted , looking returning home to Sri Lanka next weekend now as flight prices for the next 7 days are really really high. Is it half term or something ?

Where's everyone gone? No posts since Sam's last night!

I am very impressed that I could buy motor insurance over the internet and have the policy documents delivered to me via email to print out. It took 15 minutes all told from first seeking out a quote to accepting, having my No Claims checked and confirmed, then paying to printing out the insurance certificate.

My new-to-me car is also £60 cheaper to insure than my old bus and I am picking it up on Monday after it's been serviced and valeted :)

I am still here - Friday tends to be busy with work, cycle blast, riding lesson and pony poop shovelling. Am working today too :(

Looked at my watch at 3pm and was convinced it was 4pm - bad times! Roll on home time. Not sure what I am doing tonight though. Night in on my own on the sofa I think :unsure:

Nog isnt very well - we have been to the emergency vet at this stage he doesnt think its his kidneys or anything too serious however Nog is running a temperature and his tummy is extremely sore, there doesnt appear to be a blockage and there hasnt been any vomiting. Hes given Nog a pain killing injection and a sedative plus antibiotics and we need to take him back Monday if he is no better as with an old dog they want to be cautious. Nog is now spaced out but appears to still be uncomfortable - he just tried to get up and follow me but whimpered when he tried to hoist himself up from laying down, he's still shaking and refusing food of any kind, he also just refused water so we have resorted to syringing water into him to keep him hydrated. Must admit to being worried - not used to seeing him like this. He also has decided I cannot be allowed out of his sight so at the moment I am spending most of my time sitting in the lounge with Nog on a bed resting as if I get up to leave the room he tries to get up and follow me and ends up whimper ring and shaking. I managed to sneak out to post this and turned round to find Nog stood behind me so we just had a wander into the garden to see if he would wee (nope) and have come back in again as he's clearly "not really with us".

Oh dear Snow, how worrying...... has the vet ruled out bloat? did Nog stay at a kennels whilst you were away? if so would it be worth calling the kennel to see if anyone elses dog has had similar recently? i hope he feels much better soon

congrats on the car Yantan

Gooster, hope you find something to do with yourself this evening

Jazz, glad to hear trudy liked the pushchair, i spent £200 on an all terrain one for diez ad she went in it once Lol

Sam, glad you have managed to get your flights booked

Has Jacobean been on recently?

Hope Nog is feeling better Snow.

Had an exciting evening - not. Went to the farm, sorted Blue out and then went to Tesco to do a food shop. They are remodelling it at the moment, so it took me ages as everything had been moved around :laugh: :rolleyes: I bought some ingredients to try and make my yummy cocktail from holiday. It worked :biggrin: I used Malibu, milk, grenadine and blended it with ice. It worked really well and was super yummy :) Am now catching up on some more TV that I missed when I was away :)

Just back from the emergency vets after having to take Nog in as he deteriorated quite badly Nog is staying in at the vets overnight, they are currently running blood tests for meningitis, he cannot/will not turn his head or look to the left he is extremely sensitive along the left side of his neck, left shoulder and along his spine, they think its unlikely to be meningitis as that would normally affect both sides as would spondylitis however they cant rule it out without blood tests. She thinks his tummy pain and tucked up posture is likely to be referred pain and stress from the true source. He is now in quite a lot of distress and pain so he'll be heaviy sedated overnight and started on fluids and pain relief, if theres no signs of infection in his bloods then tomorrow they will xray him to see if we can find the source of the pain. He wont lift his head and now yelps if you go anywhere near his head and neck - which is why I couldnt get his meds into him earlier and why even syringing water into him was a struggle. I didnt want to leave him like this all night and was concerned that even with the pain relief he was still in obvious distress and discomfort plus with me not being able to get water into him I was worried he'd dehydrate over night - tbh my fear was that this could be bloat even though he wasn't showing the usual symptoms. He's had a really good going over and the vet is a bit mystified as to where the origin of the pain is but theres no doubt at all that he's hurting and distressed so he needs to be kept in. I am worried sick.