UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

Keeping everything crossed for Trudy and her eye :flowers:

Had the most awesome day today - went to Xplor. It has zip lines, 4x4 driving, rafting and swimming in cenotes. I was most scared about the zip lines, but they were fab - the guides at each tower were fab, didn't let you get time to be nervous and just gave you a shove if you were being a mardy arse! After a few episodes of major girly screaming when they pushed me off the first couple of towers, I really enjoyed it - could have spent all day doing them :) Then we went to the 4x4 track - I only crashed it a little bit :laugh:

The funniest one to do was the rafting, you had to paddle with your hands, but there were lots of rocks under the water and stalagmites to dodge. There were cameras along all the activities and they were triggered by a sensor in your helmet. I got stuck by one of the cameras and the camera kept going off :laugh: :rolleyes: The last activity was swimming in a cenote - it was bloody freezing, but really pretty. Have bought the photos that were taken of me and they are on a USB stick - will upload them when I get home :) One of the swimming ones really made me laugh, as you can only see my head - the rest of me is under water - I just look like a floating head :laugh:

Sounds like lots of fun Jayne. No idea what a cenote is so off to google it :biggrin:

Hope Sam has landed safely.

Good luck Alex although you really dont need them you have nothnig to worry about.

Am on my own in office at the moment. Its quite nice lol Would rather be elsewhere though. Roll on 4.30pm!!

Morning.

That sounds like a great day Jayne.

Good luck today Alex - I'm sure it'll be obvious as soon as he comes round that you're not the problem.

It is moving day for my sister and BIL. It has been fun having them stay with us. They'll only be living 10 minutes away which will be great. My sister is at work today, and BIL was working until 1.30 this morning, so I'm not convinced they'll get all moved in today, but hopefully they'll get the bulk of their stuff moved.

In other news, we're having 2 trees taken down in our garden today. They'd arranged to come 'early afternoon' - they showed up at 8.15 :confused: BIL was home but sleeping, so my OH had to leave work (he'd only just got there) and go home to let them in.

Glad everything is sorted Alex :flowers:

Off roaring was fun, it wasn't as easy to drive as my Landy though. The pedals were in the middle of the car, there was one bit when you went round a corner and over a wobbly bridge. I went for the brake and couldn't find it, I just yelled 'aaaagghhh shite, where's the brake??!!!' (Instead of just looking at the pedals to see where to put my foot!). I l