UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

ok, I need you all on your knees, hands together at 11.30 tomorrow please, yes, even if you are at work, ill ring your boss and explain ..

the occupational therapist is meeting me at the flat to decide if its suitable

this place will be echoing if much more goes xxxx

Have been away with work on a conference thingy in Daventry. Bonus was we got to stay in a really nice hotel and all the food was inclusive. Did mean I ate far too much at dinner and paid the price for it. I know I should only have starter and main or main and dessert as my body cant handle 3 courses but ooh noo its free so I stuffed myself stupid.

Random Louie pic from the weekend:-

1142_293037994165243_770003327_n.jpg

• Like 3

Will keep everything crossed for you tomorrow Alcia.

This gardener thing might just work out in our favour after all, having sacked them I spent today trying to find a new one, a couple that were recommended wouldn't come out to us as we were "too far" from their base, another one was just too busy to take us on, so I rang mil's gardener who wouldn't normally come up this far but had just taken on a client here so adding us as well would make it more worthwhile, so we had a long chat about the state of the garden and my concern about nesting birds etc. he explained that actually the birds should have just about finished nesting now so it should be ok to do the cut back now but he'd do it as a prune/thin out rather than a mass cut back so as to reshape everything and ensure that enough new growth is left to keep it all healthy so if he does find any nests he can leave those alone. As he is coming outside his area though he'd want to make it a full days work which had me gulping a bit as to the potential cost of 2 blokes for a whole day. He's agreed to do the cut back/prune, trim/strim up under all the bushes, dig out and turn over all the borders, weed treat with special stuff thats not harmful to animals all the patio and pathways, clean out any bramble & ivy around the shrubs, and weed the borders where I know there are bulbs I don't want disturbing by being dug over. Its a serious amount of work that he's taking on as the garden hasn't been properly weeded or pruned in well over a year now and hes going to charge me £130 which is £50 LESS than the other guys were going to charge me just for the bushes and hedges with no weeding or digging etc. oh and they'll also take away all the rubbish and cuttings. Bargain!

• Like 2

Good luck Jazz.
Great news about garden Snow.

If there are any good luck thoughts going spare, can I grab a few? We are off to see the hospice Community Nurse followed by the consultant and should get the results of Dad's CT scan.
Patrick is off visiting his Mum & Step-Dad & will be trying to find out what is going on there after terrible communication from medical people.

• Like 1

All good thoughts for you er your Dad, and hope Patrick can get some clarification.

Thinking of you at 1..30 Jazz.

Whinge alert, feel free to skip. Now into week 3 of carlessness. Shattered from lengthy bus journeys to see mum. Ankle is bad from too much road walking and standing around waiting for buses. Back is painful as a result of collapsing ankle and needs osteopath, who I can't get to as no car. Still don't know if I will even have a car at the end of all this. Aching in every joint and muscle and simply can't cope any more. It's ridiculous that my health and sanity should depend on having a car but that's the way it is. Whinge over, thank you.

Edited by owl

You whinge away Owl, you have every right with all the things that are happening :GroupHug: If we lived closer I would willingly lend you my car.

Good luck today Alicia - everything here will be crossed at 11.30 :flowers:

Well that worked out nicely Snow. I hope they do a fab job of the garden :flowers:

Louie :wub_anim:

Archie has had a frolic at Castlerigg Stone Circle. It was nice as it was twirly so we had it all to ourselves. It loses all its appeal for me when it has several dozen visitors being noisy around it. You have to experience it early in the morning with only the birds for company whilst you take in the view and the peace and quiet.

I have cones out at the front of the house so the builders can get their trailer in close to the house. Miss Czechoslovakia chose to park very close to my car (again!) so the gap isn't very big. I hope they can manoeuvre the trailer in as it will have all their heavy gear on it together with a water bowser for mixing the concrete.

Oh and some stupid woman ran into Ruby's car, which was brand new last September, last night as they both exited from parking places. Ruby was almost all the way out of her space when this woman started reversing. She tried to make out it was Ruby's fault but the chap sitting in the car next to Ruby's got out and told the woman in no uncertain terms it WAS her fault and gave his details to Ruby in case she needs a witness. He was here on holiday from Caernarfon. Up the Welsh! :wub:

I hope I haven't missed anyone who might need a :GroupHug:

• Like 1

Oh dear Phebe, I can understand how you feel...I'm without a car as OH takes it for work, but I could have it if I really wanted it...on Friday I will as I need it for the hospital, but I'd hate to not even have the option. Would it be impossibly expensive for you to hire a car on a short term basis, so you can get to your mum and the osteopath?

Hope things can be clarified for both your poorly dads, Whizzie.

I'm still feeling dizzy sporadically...not sick though thank goodness. My blasted arthritis has made a mega come back in my left hand though, paracetamol didn't touch it so I've taken ibuprofen a big no no according to my doctors but sorry guys, I need to be able to use my hand and not be in agony.