UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

Suzeanna I am shocked at that! Here are I am carefully complying with the recycling programme each week - as do all mypermanent neighbours - and now its for no good reason :( I am going to see what information I can ferret out about what my council actually does with all the refuse.

A while back I bought some lengths of chain and padlocks for all 3 of my bins after some barsteward filled our garden bin up with soil. It was so heavy I hurt myself when I went to move it, thinking it was empty of course. The council won't take soil away - it clearly states that on the bin so I had to go to the bother of getting rid of it. Anyway the chains became a nuisance and I dispensed with them. It may be time to get them out again. Grrrrr.

I hope your daughter is soon over her bout of sickness.

It is a glorious day here. Really summer like :)

Ho hum - stocked up on medication for the girls yesterday. Cassie - heart meds and eye drops (forgot to ask for her frusemide, will get that on appt next week) + China now on heart meds. BOYS - pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease keep healthy!

Plus China booked in for her booster next week, Cassie for another check up on her eye (thankfully looking as if not getting worse, realise it is never going to get better but if we can prevent further deterioration that is great), AND 2 new tyres needed for the car which will be fitted today. Come on car peeps - how come I have wear on the inside of the front right tyre and on the outside of the front left tyre? Tracking problems would mean both on the inside or outside. At least with my credit card Dogs Trust get a tiny proportion of the spend - the rate this is going I could feed one of their dogs for a year!

I had bronchitis for the first time in many years earlier this year - forgot how awful it makes you feel, hope you are starting to get over it now.

Edited by buddyboy

Hope it goes well with the inspector Jazz :flowers:

Murtle, hope the bronchitis clears quickly :flowers:

I haven't been keeping up (again). No reason really, seem to have been ridiculously busy, despite not doing much. I'm trying to spend more time outside getting exercise and less in front of the computer - I spend 8 hours a day at the computer for work, so spending all evening mooching online isn't great.

Jazz - what are the reasons they give for you not having the bungalow? If you need a stairlift and there are no extra bedrooms surely it meets the criteria?

Apparently I need to get the steering and suspension joints checked for wear...........sounds like the car is going the way my body is!

Jazz, good luck with the inspector, lets hope they have some common sense

yantan.....pricey but would probably be easier than chains

http://www.binloc.com/

Suzeanna, i haven't been sick again but i am not well, i did get my blood test done like the dr told me to but i haven't heard from her yet, could be one of a few reasons for this, she could be busy, she could have forgot or there could be a delay at the lab or i could be fine.... i am going with the fine theory! i now have a lovely massive cold sore to join my ails

Merledogs, enjoy your time off

Buddyboy, you know when you take the car to get the tracking done, do you take it as it is normally loaded..... it does make a difference....not that that is the cause of this problem but thought i would mention it....hope it is nothing too costly

sophie, don't blame you for spending more time outside, especially as the weather is a bit brighter

good point Griff - umm the answer is no as I think it would be unfair to have the tyre men verbally assaulted by China and Reg giving their running commentaries on a) get in here and give me a cuddle and b) I may be small but I am FIERCE...... but then leaving the beasts at home does mean there is around 100kg difference to normal! (mind you, with me out of the car there is also a vast weight difference!)

Amy - fingers crossed for you!

Good luck Lil Angel...... i hope you have your offer accepted

Lol Buddyboy, i wouldn't have minded being barked at by dogs...provided i wasn't distressing the dogs! we used to have people coming back repeatedly moaning that things weren't right and then when we got a bit deeper into things they would inform us that they would usually have 20 boxes of catalogues in the back.... we used to say go and load the vehicle and come back and there would be no problems.

I passed the inspection no problem yyeeaaa

she said she doesnt know whats going on

then she said

when you get offered, it will be quick, so get packing

I cant bid on anything and cant swap,so wonder what it is im packing for? lol

the meeting about me is today

Im not excited at all, no reason why I cant see straight lol

at last somebody with some bl**dy sense.... did you mention the bungalow to her? just wondering if she could have put a word in for you, it is totally bizarre that a lady who has a disability in a house deemed to big for her is desperate to move to a smaller property can't get prioritised, once you have somewhere and are settled jazz, you should write to IDS and David Cameron and tell them of the pressure you have been put under despite the fact you are willing to move, they probably won't take any notice but it does make you feel better.

Let's hope it goes your way at last Jazz!

Glad the sickness has gone Griff. I get coldsores and find Zovirax doesn't touch them, but last time the pharmacist showed me a litle tube of ointment and said try this, it's really good and not expensive. It's...hang on.... found it! Lysyl cold sore gel, triple action. It really helped heal the cold sore quickly, see if you can get some.

Fingers crossed here for you Alicia.

I have a nedache.

Archie is out on a jaunt to Whinlatter. The DW'ers (it's both of them today) picked him up at 11.20 so he's having a fine time. The weather is just starting to cloud over though so they may be back soon.

Keeping my fingers crossed for good house news from Amy and Jazz.

My inner plane spotter is uber excited today, as Thomson have announced their dreamliners will be flying from the 8th July :biggrin: This means I will be flying on the dreamliner when I go to Mexico :biggrin: