UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

the council wont let me swop!

they now say it has to be a disabled family needing the adaptions. amazingly, just this week, they have a database of families waning to swop .... but shes away for a week so will deal with it when she gets back ... whats wrong with this week? .... and ... they suddenly have a support officer, to help me

Lol well done Gooster... when is the shoot??

Jazz, i hope the council stop mucking you about

Suzeanna...shhhhhh we have sunshine too, now you have given me an idea, perhaps i will lob some washing in the machine and get it out quick on our line

the hospital have put a new appointment system in place.... i have just used my last blood form as i was told i would be seen the start of march but on talking to my gp he read the letter to me where it said the end of march (also had completely the wrong drug info but at least we knew what we were doing) so my mum just called my consultants secretary to get more forms sent out, where by she was informed that it is now down to me to book the appointment myself (we already do this for surgery), how pray tell was i supposed to know this when nobody has bothered to write to me and tell me?? i will now be getting a letter... i have never missed a hospital appointment in my life and i detest having to talk to people....grump over

Griff don't be silly...you are obviously supposed to be a mind reader, they shouldn't need to tell you anything! :D My lot at the hospital send a text to remind you of your clinic appointment, but not for the blood tests and I have to arrange those myself. I haven't to go again until early May thank goodness. I hope you are feeling better now and the correct drugs have things under control?

Gooster, are you going to put the photos up when they are done, so we can all be jealous?

ooooooooo not long then Gooster!!! i bet it will be weird seeing piccies of yourself while you are working out.... you might have to start giving autographs Lol

i don't know if i can book online as the last twice i tried to do it to book to see a consultant at ENT the system just kept saying there were no appointments available but when you spoke to somebody they could book you?? very odd

Suzeanna, i have to remember to get my blood done every 2 weeks plus the ocassional ones for my gp, the consultant just gives me a handful of blood test forms labelled 1-4 and some urine bottles and sends me on my way, thats how i knew the gp letter was wrong as he hadn't given me enough forms to last to the end of march

i am debating getting some canary palms for the back garden.... hhhhhmmmmm not sure what to do about them really

Sorry to hear about the house aggro Jazz & the illness/appointment troubles Griff.

James is still in hospital but they are very pleased with the surgery and his progress. Physios are getting him sat on the bed and dangling his legs for progressively longer times. The next stage is to stand him with the aid of a sack truck type thing, then to see if he can sit in a chair. They are pushing him quite hard but James is very determined. He may actually be discharged in about a week & I know he will be so pleased to be back with his family - they are working out how to accommodate him downstairs at home. Still a long road ahead but all moving in the right direction. Clever folk these surgeons!

• Like 1

So pleased to hear that. He's going to feel wobbly when he stands up bless him.

Jazz hope you get sorted soon. They can hardly charge you for spare rooms when they are preventing you moving anywhere. Keep a diary of everything you are doing, all the homes you go see etc so you can present this if you have any problems.

Owl hope you're feeling better

Griff hope the meds are helping you feel better now

Go Gooster.

Fingers crossed chap is nice Loobie.

I am a figment of your imagination. I'm revising

Thanks guys - am quite nervous about it. Never done anything like this before. Being only 5'3 doesn't exactly make you model potential. It has only been since I have been going to the gym that I have been happy with my body. Still know my bum and legs need some work, but it's going in the right direction :) Wondering whether to enlist Mr G to help with 'operation shrink my bum even more by the 19th March', or leave it so it's a surprise when they get the catalogue/posters :laugh:

I am so cross with a good friend of mine, she has been wanting a dog for a while and I have been trying to dissuade her as she works full time, her husband is at home with the youngest of the 5 children. She has a cat who has had litter after litter (5 and she is only 2) I have been trying to get her to have her neutered since the first litter.

Yesterday they went to Swansea and paid £250 for a 'jug' apparantly this is a cross jrt and pug :mad2: :mad2: I am so cross it is unbelieveable. I went round there this evening with a crate and information and advice and already the pup is being carted round by the 3yr old like a bloody toy

Oh and her husbands mother has a male 'jug' so they intend to breed from her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!