UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

oo go for it!

*rant!*

I have found an exchange. love the house and want it. im now told as the people dont need my adaptions, they might reject the swop. in the next breath, an exchange is the best thing for you!

ive been told I can have a 2 bedroomed property, as I have adaptions. today im told Im in the highest band if I want a 1 bed, and can move in 2 months, but if I want a 2 bed, ill be in a band down so could take 2 years!

bloody hell!

*rant over for now*

I'm sorry you are aren't having much luck in the housing department Alicia. I hope things improve.

Well Archie is having a good walk today. He was collected at 12.20 and 3 hours later still hasn't come home. He'll be having a fine time with Sadie no doubt. She went to stay with her grandma last week and Archie missed her terribly. He was so excited to see her yesterday :)

I'm missing George for some reason. He's been on my mind for the last few days. My neighbour mentioned him this morning and we were reminiscing & laughing over all his little ways :)

Edited by Yantan

*rant!*

I have found an exchange. love the house and want it. im now told as the people dont need my adaptions, they might reject the swop. in the next breath, an exchange is the best thing for you!

ive been told I can have a 2 bedroomed property, as I have adaptions. today im told Im in the highest band if I want a 1 bed, and can move in 2 months, but if I want a 2 bed, ill be in a band down so could take 2 years!

bloody hell!

*rant over for now*

I can't say that I understand the system at all Jazz. The chances of getting two sets of people with the same adaptions to swap seems minimal.

No I haven't been frightened off, just overwhelmed by life and not coping very well. Too much is happening at once.

:GroupHug: Can we help? Or listen?

I think its me :confused02: maybe if I am really quite for a while they will come back

It went really quiet before you last came back from Sri Lanka, so best to keeping talking! In between packing etc.

i have been really ill again over the weekend, went to the emrgency drs on saturday who gave me broad spectrum antibiotics instead of uti specific so i ended up in agony yesterday peeing blood, saw the nurse this am at my GPs who wasn't happy and sent me back this afternoon to see my GP, he has sorted me out with some tablets to hopefully knock it on the head.... during my consultation he informed me he was retiring in march (along with his wife) i managed not to cry, i have known this fella all my life and he is one of the few people i trust...gutted! i am going to miss them so much

Sorry that you've been ill again and hope that the new tablets do the trick. I was glad when my old GP retired, she was getting the point of making silly mistakes. I'd really miss my current doctor though, she's fabulous.

After a few weeks when lots of people were posting, it's all gone very quiet...where is everyone? Are we so boring we scared em all off? :unsure:

Mmm, I wonder

There's one woman who works at the same place as my OH..though not in the same section...and the things she puts on FB astound me, really personal stuff about her OH and their sex life! He works at the same company too and lots of their colleagues are able to read it. I'd be hideously embarrassed if my private life was stuck on the internet.

Sorry if I've been quiet. :biglaugh: My sex life is just sooo exhausting I just don't have the energy left ;)

(And for the internet trolls out there for posterity, this is not a serious post!)

At least we now know why people are quiet...trying to make us believe they have dull lives when really it is because they have such an exciting sex life!!

I am bored of my work. Tomorrow I will make a concerted effort to finalise it all, in the hope of a) getting more crap to do... Or b) being told there is no more crap and I can do something a little more interesting or leave!!! Preferably the something more interesting!!

Thanks to Fugees for their concern, but there isn't anything anyone can do. But thanks to a surprising afternoon, I feel rather better.

I have accidentally turned italics on and can't find where to turn them off, sorry.

We went to one of our fave places on the moors for a walk, found thick mist everywhere and didn't expect a very exciting time. But then I spotted a missing dog poster so rang the people. Turned out to be the farm down the road who were missing a terrier. So we went and tracked the little thing for an hour and a half. Found the dog had done a big loop and gone past the entrance to her farm, now seems to have gone on to different land so search will be pursued there on quad bikes and horseback.

Wispa is right, a long trek through mud and brambles in disgusting weather is the best therapy for feeling bad.

excellent news Owl... i always believe things happen for a reason and perhaps you needed to feel a bit crap so you would go and seek out the little dog! i do hope things are greatly improved soon

Jazz, are there any other housing associations in your area? or is it all done through the home finder thing like up here (can't say i like the home finder system much)

lol@Whizzie

Yantan, i am sure Archie is having a ball... he is a lucky boy

i have had a clear out.... giving away some new trainers to someone my mum knows, 2 brand new coats, some new tops and i am letting my bike leathers go.... i have had to accept that i am never going to get my motorbike and if my mate takes me out on his then he will lend me some... the leathers are just taking up room that i don't have anymore so a charity might as well get the money for them

• Like 1

i have had a clear out.... giving away some new trainers to someone my mum knows, 2 brand new coats, some new tops and i am letting my bike leathers go.... i have had to accept that i am never going to get my motorbike and if my mate takes me out on his then he will lend me some... the leathers are just taking up room that i don't have anymore so a charity might as well get the money for them

I am finding letting go of stuff hard but at the same time its doing me good , I am currently sorting out my external drive and letting work stuff go. Its hard because I have decided with hindsight that I was actually amazing at my job which makes the fact I lost it all the harder to deal with BUT BUT BUT at the same time it makes me see just how stupid the people who made me redundant where because as I glance over the stuff I can see what an assets I was, so really it was their loss

without all that stuff I would never have ended up going overseas and starting Dogstar , I know I am really hard on myself about running a charity because I really don't think I am currently as good at doing it as I was doing my paid work and if I am honest I am still getting over some work related bits but I can only improve :) and as of Friday I will have a full time volunteer in the shape of Mr Mark Squirrel so a 100 % increase in UK volunteers overnight :cheer: is a pretty big achievement

I am in a better place now , I will be in an even better place when I finally declutter , like you I am giving it all away to charities as I think that really helps with the process

Sam, i got made redundant and i found it really really hard... if i had been sacked at least i could hopefully pin point what i had done wrong, with redundancy i felt i had done something wrong (even though i hadn't) and even now i am quite annoyed about it (13 years on!!) the only thing i did "wrong" was to be a woman working in a male environment with a dealer principal who didn't like that! Congrats on the volunteer increase... just don't wear him out too quickly!

Yes Sam, I do remember those photos on the beach walk. Noah and Wispa got on so well together.

I would have gone up to the moors and seen the poster anyway, as it was on our fave walking spot. It was because I was feeling crap that I very nearly didn't, but knew that Wispa needed a decent walk. Anyway, for whatever reason we ended up there and the farm people were pleased to see us. And we got a lift back to the farm in a horsebox, so have added another entry to our List Of Interesting Vehicles We Ride Back In From Tracking.

my friend has taken trudy and mouse for a few days, trudy because I can get some sleep, even on the phone she could hear ive turned into the walking dead, and mouse because she loves her lol

I do read all what you put and care about each and every one of you but am so stressed and tired, I cant remember anything by the time I press reply lol