UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Blimey guys, that is some dedication. I can't even walk on ice, let alone run on it :laugh:

As for working out in that kind of heat Sam, you must be made of tough stuff - I remember walking to Wal Mart when I was in Mexico a few years ago, I waited until about 4pm to walk there, and was a sweaty mess and had drained my bottle of water by the time I was half way there :rolleyes:

Well done for keeping up your workouts Vonny, they will be working :)

1 workout to go before my hols - aiming to go tomorrow morning once Blue's physio has been and gone, and before I get my eyebrows done :)

Wow, you lot are all amazing :jammin:

I'm 46, 5'5" and weighing in at 11 stone. I want to lose about 1.5 to 2 stone. My incentive is that Andy is making his communion in May and I bought a lovely dress which doesn't fit me. It was the last one in stock and I loved it so bought it (it was also seriously reduced in price) :biggrin:

Last year, I discovered Leslie Sansone's Walking at Home (her videos are on Youtube). I started it again a few weeks ago albeit very half-heartedly but now I'm determined. I started with the one mile, then the two mile and I'm now doing the three mile. It takes about 45 mins and is quite a good workout. You do walking on the spot, side steps, kicks, back kicks and knee raises combined with some arm movements. It gets up to quite a brisk pace (although not by any of your standards lol) and it's low impact so suits my back/hip problems.

I'm hoping you guys are going to be a good influence on me

ow no, I wrote out a long post last night which appears to have been eaten :-(

Welcome Mags, great to have you join us! Hopefully we can keep each other motivated (but not much if I loose my posts, I will blame the phone but fear it might be my inability to press buttons properly!)

You have a great incentive for exercising and I look forward to seeing pictures of you in the gorgeous dress!

The programme you are following sounds really interesting and I hope you enjoy it, it helps!

I didn't run today, not a good influence, the pavements around here are treacherous :-( but I did buy a new pair of trainers today, trail shoes so I can go and grip in the park and on the canal! I bought them from Cotswolds as I had £60 gift vouchers and 10% off for being a Natiknal Trust member! Was really pleased with them, especially as I got served by a runner so he could really help advise. I might join a running club if I can fit it all in. Looks like it will help with speed, and I need to attend the gym as I look like I have swallowed a space hopper :-( if I can't loose the weight I might as well tone it up!

Hope you have a fab holiday Jayne, enjoy the sunshine and please please bring some back! Sam...I do sympathise with hot workouts...but I like them...though I am getting used to running in three layers with gloves and hat! Not quite as quick to dress as pants and a vest top...and so much more to dry!!!

Love and hugs

Mxxx

i went on the wii for a bit yesterday... just did a bit of yoga and i did some sit ups on the gym ball and tried to do some planks again on the ball but started falling off so gave up Lol

Mags, i am sure you will look lovely in your dress

Murtle, i don't blame you for not risking running in this weather...better safe than sorry!!!

Yay well done Griff, don't fall off the ball!! Do you not like doing planks on the floor?

I took my shoes out for a run today! I Did 3 miles on a mix of snow and ice and the slushy stuff and in the park. My legs are feeling it as the shoes are so different to my normal ones, but so comfortable and grippy!

Wish the snow would go away now as it is all turning slushy and mucky even though we keep getting little attempts of snow.

i find doing planks on the floor difficult because of my dodgy joints, using the ball means i don't physically have to get on the floor.... i have developed a technique for getting on the ball without needing to kneel down, i am sure physios/ gym instructors out there would freak out but it works for me!

the shoes sound good Murlte, especially as they keep you upright!