UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

There is a partner assisted exercise you can do with your OH Vonny :) You lie on the floor and your OH stands at your head end and you hold onto the back of his legs. You then do leg raises and as you lift your legs up in the air, he pushes them back to the floor. In tone and shape, we aim for 50 :)

Lol!

When I got to the gym tonight, Mike was working - not seen him there on a Monday before. I did my usual workout and when I was walking off on the treadmill, he came over to talk. I asked him if he is doing Monday classes next week, as I will miss my usual class as will be on holiday. He said he wasn't sure and was just covering this week for a colleague who had died on Saturday. He then moved on to talk about something else :unsure: Yesterday when I was leaving the gym, one of the girls who works in there was walking towards me in tears, so am thinking now that she must have just found out. I have no idea who it was that has died, as none of the guys who work there are particularly old or anything :( I suppose more will become clear over the next few weeks :(

I told Mike that I didn't really rate the class I did yesterday, and he said that from the sounds of it, it won't do much to tone and shape the body. It will improve balance and coordination on the step boxes and give a good cardio workout, but not actually tone and shape the muscles and the body. I told him I much prefer his classes as they are more fun (and appear to work) :)

Thanks Jayne. I really enjoyed it once I was out and had I been dryer hydrated or had water / money to buy a bottle of water I would had stayed out longer! This is a huge improvement for me.

Wow, you have done heaps today and then also spring out your horse as well!! Well done, it is lovely to hear people loving what they are doing.

Suzeanna, wii in privacy sounds like a perfect option, sadly we don't have the space but now I have started exercising I am enjoying it. I have never been a fit person, but I used to be a naturally skinny person! Now I am neither but enjoying it lots and that is the important thing to me...so long as there is more enjoyment it has to be good! Ps you could post your wii experiences here too :-(

Glad you enjoyed your run Murtle, and it's fab that you could have gone for longer had you had water :biggrin:

Didn't ride tonight, it was really icy on the way up to the arena where we ride, so I didn't want to risk Blue's delicate little legs on the ice. Was going to ride until I saw another girl walking her horse along the track and her horse was sliding everywhere :unsure: I still did all my mucking out and lugging water buckets though, so still did exercise :)

I like using the wii fit Suzeanna - it actually tracks your progress better than the gym does :)