UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Welcome vonny and good luck!

A couple of tips I was given, when exercising your abs, hold your tummy in to activate the right muscles.

Remember to breathe when exercising (i am terrible for holding my breathe) and Exhale on the actual exercise and breathe in on the relax. When I do it right it really helps, muscles need oxygen to keep going for longer!

Am off for my morning run, at some point I need to get up earlier for these!

Congratulations on the weight loss that is really really impressive xxx

Thanks for the welcome :woof:

I have had a play with the ball suggestions and they seem achievable for my old body,so I will continue with them.I also did some sit ups,Press ups and planks :confused:

I am going to try for 5 miles on the exercise bike later.

Wish me luck :D

Lots of luck :-) you'll be fab!

If it gets too hard (honestly too hard) slow down and catch your breath but don't stop, it is easier to keep going slowly than starting again after you have stopped!

I ended up running 4 miles today, I love just running and deciding where to go at each roundabout or cross roads. Such a lovely feeling. I ran in a friendly area today where people actually said hello, I like that!

i am going to have another little bash at the gym ball when/if my joints start feeling better... i did like getting my flat tummy back!

Vonny, good luck with the exercise, do you do the planks on your gym ball??? that is the only way i can manage to do mine

Murtle i always smile at the runners when they go past me... i do get odd looks more often than not Lol, i am very envious of them though

Glad the exercises worked for you Vonny. In order to tone muscles, you do lighter weights, but higher reps. Just do as much as you feel comfortable with and build it up. When I first started tone and shape, I was using 1.5kg weights. Now I have built it up to 2.5kg weights.

Tone and shape was quite hard this morning. Lots of work on legs and abs. There were a couple of newbies there, who found it quite difficult I think. Not sure if one of them will come back as she found it really hard. Having said that, the regulars probably thought I would never go back after my first session, but am now a hard core regular now :biggrin:

I don't do Zumba due to my lack of co-ordination, belly dancing is hard enough, but Zumba is like that on speed! I need something that I can focus on the exercise rather than left foot or right foot!

Don't be afraid of using weights, the big ones may look scary but it is amazing how quickly you get to using them!

I love weights but I think that is because I live that feeling of having worked out!!

Mr Gorgeous was especially mean this morning with the side planks. We had to hold a weight straight above our heads, I tried to cheat and not use a weight, however the git noticed and got a heavy weight (heavier than anyone else in the class had) and gave that to me :angry: :rolleyes: :laugh: He also knows I can only plank for about 30 seconds, and he made us plank for 1 minute ( 2 sides and a normal plank). He is just mean. However as he is yummy, I will let him off :biggrin:

It is the pub quiz tomorrow, so I don't have time to do the farm and gym. Am thinking about putting Blue on full livery tomorrow so I can still get my workout...

did my upper body workout tonight which is my easiest workout of the week

Does anyone here use a TRX ? we are buying one to take with us to Sri Lanka

Mr Gorgeous was especially mean this morning with the side planks. We had to hold a weight straight above our heads, I tried to cheat and not use a weight, however the git noticed and got a heavy weight (heavier than anyone else in the class had) and gave that to me :angry: :rolleyes: :laugh: He also knows I can only plank for about 30 seconds, and he made us plank for 1 minute ( 2 sides and a normal plank). He is just mean. However as he is yummy, I will let him off :biggrin:

It is the pub quiz tomorrow, so I don't have time to do the farm and gym. Am thinking about putting Blue on full livery tomorrow so I can still get my workout...

well done on those planks !

I have just seen Body Blast and Zumba classes being advertised at the local school,which is easier to do or best especially if you have rubbish co ordination :confused02:

try a DVD you can do at home , I am a huge Jillian Micheals fan but friends rave about Davina , I think there is a home workout DVD for everyone its just a matter of finding the right one for you

Yes we have a TRX at our gym, I found it really easy to use, you just need to make sure the strap is in the right place each time as it is easy to consciously slip it a cm or two turning a really hard workout in to a much easier one! But with practise it gets better. Loads of the guys use them in the gym and they seem to get really good results too.

Well done, no pain no gain!! The best stuff I have ever found for after exercise is Elite, Ozone (or the other way round) they do various products but the shower gel and the after exercise oil is absolutely fabulous for me.

I am 36. Not young, not old - but was very unfit, still am unfit just not so unfit now!