UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Well done Gooster...I hope that means you are sweating loads, only so you can empathise with us on your return obviously!

I managed a near 3mile run today around the park in my nooooo shoes!

I started off at under 10minute /mile pace...can't maintain it but it felt good. Hoping this means I am getting slightly faster with all the running I am doing and it's not just the noooo shoes :-)

How is yours going Sam, Mags and Vonny?!

xx

Good on ya Gooster.

Well done Mary on your run and Vonny on another half pound. Don't you just love seeing the weight going down :)

I did four mile walking workout this morning. It was grand but I might feel it tomorrow.

Friday is my busy day - shopping, banking, etc., etc., etc., and probably another etc. so won't get my workout done but think I will make up for it with all the running around I've to do. I tend not do anything at the weekend tut tut.

Although, I do have a horseriding lesson on Saturday. I'll never be to your standard Jayne, I still haven't mastered trotting!! Andy started lessons a few months ago and I was standing watching him and thought I wouldn't mind giving it a go. I've had 4 lessons so far and I'm amazed at the exercise you get from it. I'm in the kids class, the next in age to me is about 10 lol, but the instructor is great and is aware of my back problems so keeps an eye on me. When the evenings get a bit brighter, we'll start cycling to horseriding again (we finish at 5 so a bit dark just yet) so that will be another bit of exercise :)

When Andy is on school holidays, we'll do cycling along by the canal. We have great fun racing each other. We can't go cycling after school as I mind my friend's daughter who is two years younger than Andy and not as experienced on a bike but again when the weather improves I'm going to bring them walking along the canal so we'll all get some exercise.

All the above sounds great doesn't it!!!

Yay well done Vonny, no it doesn't get any easier you are just able to do more etc! At least the weight is coming off, that is good news.

Mags, that all makes me long for spring and summer! Bright evenings and daylight....well done on the 4 mile walking programme. Hope your legs are good tomorrow for all your running around :-) xx

Yay complete 4.8 miles. It was bitter out. Too hot with hat on, too cold without it!

I also got gritted so if it snows does that mean I won't freeze?!

Fingers crossed for my monthly target, slowly getting there. Currently at 79 miles of 100 miles...and only missed one day running since being back. That was partially alcohol but mainly snow related!

Worked out again today - found out today why the gym is so warm. Usual gym is having a refurb, so all the equipment is in the smaller (non air conditioned) room next door. Sweat was pouring off me, can't wait to get back to my normal gym :)

Horse riding is good exercise Mags, you use muscles you never knew you had. Going out for 2 hour hack tomorrow - could be interesting :)

Can you run outside Sam?

I don't think the local village is ready for that yet , plus in this heat I would just peg out !

When I get back here in April I am buying a 2nd hand treadmill which I place under a ceiling fan , I am also bringing my pushbike and plan some early morning bike rides

did another 30 minutes circuits today and I was on my knees at the end of it , can't remember how to insert video but heres a link

http://youtu.be/jpkWpJeY1Ns

I certainly wouldn't be able for that. Fair play to you. (I won't put up a link of what I do. It makes me look lazy in comparison lol)

Well done on 8.2 miles Mary.

Jayne, are you sure it's just the air conditioning you're missing :D

Horseriding was cancelled on Saturday cos weather was terrible. That's two weeks I'm after missing so hope next Saturday is nice.

Well this morning was definitely weather for indoor walking - lashing rain and gale force winds (power went off twice). Enjoyed my 4 miles but not feeling very challenged. I need a five mile one