UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Well done Vonny - after my first tone and shape, I couldn't walk for 5 days, but I definitely felt better once the pain had gone.

I am 27 (28 in March), 5'3 and was 10 stone. Am now 9 stone just from exercising :biggrin: I would like to get to 8 and a half stone and tone up. Ultimate goal is to be asked out on a date for the first time :)

Ah you are all much younger than ancient old me :spudnikpapasmurf:

I put on a few pounds over xmas so am now 9stone 4,I was 9 st.1 before and want to get to 9 st. if I can.

I am about 5 ft 4 inches or maybe just under, but I am quite big framed.

My problem is that old bodies are a lot harder to tone up and I want to avoid getting too wrinkly if I can.

hmmm well in the course of full information...I am 5' 1" and 9 stone 6 pounds...I am now generally a size 10 I think...

Exercise has made me go up sizes not down as pre exercise I was probably between 8 stone 7 and 8 stone 10 and sizes 6 -8. I didn't take up exercise due to my weight / size but more to feel the achievement of doing something, which for me was running a half marathon for The Dogstar Foundation a few years back. Once the lovely people had sponsored me I had to run it. Since then I have always wanted to be able to *actually run* one in an acceptable time of around 2 hours not the two and half hours it takes me. It has so far eluded me, but I knock a few minutes off them each year.

So whose present will the TRX be Sam?

• Like 1

I have now run 26.2 miles since the 1st January...this equals a marathon...ouch, now see why people need to train lots to be able to run all that in one go!

You are very brave to run at all.

I cannot even run a few yards :cigar:

I have done my five miles and other bits again today and my legs are not too bad :cheer:

Gooster i despise planks.... i only do them as they are supposed to be good for flattening your tummy aren't they???

Murtle well done on the running, it has been years since i was able to run anywhere

Vonny well done on doing your five miles, with regard the zumba, my mums workmate goes and she says it is a real laugh and it doesn't matter if you don't get things quite right...we all have to start somewhere! do you have a wii?? you can get a zumba thing for that with a belt that you pop the remote into...all in the privacy of your own home so no embarrassment factor unless your family are like mine and laugh at you.

on the age height weight side of things i am 33, 5'5", 10st 4lbs (i am however on daily steroids and other medication)... i would like to get down to 9st 6 but i doubt that will happen

Thanks guys. I am trying to get into the habit of running daily and it is working so far. Though it wasn't so long ago that I couldn't run to the nearest bus stop! It just takes somewhere to start from x

We can be in the none weight loss group Griff! (Though you appear to have a good reason unlike me)

xxx

Well done for the 5 miles Vonny - am on the bike at the moment and finding it hard going tonight. My thighs are killing me!

Planks are good for toning abs - my stomach is definitely flatter since I have been working out and working on my abs. At my lightest I was 7 stone, but I wasn't fit or toned, I was just skinny.

Got 6 and a half mins left on the bike (out of 20 mins), then it's downstairs to the weight room to play on the ball :)

Bike and ball done. Now walking off on treadmill :)

Quick (gross) question... Up until the last few workouts, I have found that I sweat quite heavily when working out. However the last 2 days, despite doing the same workout, I have sweated noticably less. Has anyone else found this, or do you reckon it's just because it has gone colder?

Changes in my sweat can be from what I have eaten / drunk. Coffee makes me sweat more than tea. Lots of water will also make me sweat more than squash.

Where i am in my Menstrual cycle seems to affect sweat levels and ( apologies) smell of sweat as well.

Unknown other factors that I don't understand!!

I sweat heaps, just sometimes more than others. I have learned to embrace this ability to saturate my clothing and make me look like I have pee'd my pants at times!