UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Well done all of you.

How are you finding it Vonny?

Like To see the dedication Sam. After my last contract I dislike 6am so am very impressed!

Jayne, as one of your recent stalkers...you look fab in the pictures I saw.

I bought a *cold weather * top in decathlon at Christmas. I was a bit unsure as I struggle with temperature maintenance. However, I am so pleased I did as it has enabled me to continue mu running in minus temperatures!

Well done Griff :)

That is some motivation Sam - I was struggling to sleep and woke up at 5.45 this morning. A fleeting thought crossed my mind to get up and go to the gym. I soon banished that though and went back to sleep :rolleyes:

I instead worked out after I had finished at the farm tonight. Just got in now :) Mr G was there again - he's been there every day I have been this week. He's going to think I am stalking him :laugh: We had a nice conversation whilst I was on the bike, which I was glad about, as my phone battery was flat, so had no entertainment with me. I tend to find the bike the most boring, so was glad of the company :biggrin:

I am disliking your level of fitness Gooster if you can talk whilst on the bike!!

(don't see what is wrong with stalking him - though you could say he is stalking you ;-)

I managed 4.4 miles today - and one of the nasty hills round here. Have avoided it so far this year - choosing instead to run one of the ramps that appears in the Reading half, but today I did it. Made it to the top and further, slow but without stopping! Then felt sick, but kept going.

Am hoping the snow holds off so I can run in the morning...failing that it is going to be cold toes tomorrow.

Brilliant Murtle, well done :biggrin:

I cycle at about 12mph, so usually do just over 4 miles in a 20 minute session :) I use the bike to cool down after cross trainer and rowing machine, before hitting the weights. Then I do the treadmill to cool down completely.

Just had a voicemail from my mum - everyone was going around to my uncle's tonight for his birthday (which was on Tuesday). As I am supposed to be doing dressage this weekend, I rang mum last night and told her that I wasn't going to to go my uncles, and ride Blue instead. However as it was snow and howling gales, I decided not to ride. At this point it was 8pm, so I figured I would go to the gym instead, as if I went to my uncle's, I would be really hungry as I hadn't had any food since lunch. So at least if I was working out, I wouldn't feel hungry till I got home afterwards. Anyhow, mum and dad must have been driving past just as I was driving into the car park to the gym (I even parked at the bottom around a corner so that my car couldn't be seen from the road!) :rolleyes: The voicemail from mum was really arsey, she probably thinks I lied to her and never planned to ride, but I was going to ride, but the surface was frozen in the school :rolleyes: I love my family, but sometimes I wish that they would let me do my own thing and stop spying on me :angry: Apparently Dad was moaning at mum and told her that she shouldn't have said anything to me and it's my choice, but mum didn't listen to him :rolleyes: It's not even as though I live with my mum and dad now - I am a big girl with my own house :laugh:

Sorry to hear that, has she not realised you have cut the strings?! Thank goodness for your Dad though and that you managed to go to the gym.

I ran 4.2 miles today. slower than normal but mainly because it was in the snow and whilst the snow was falling! The deeper areas are less scary than the other areas as you get to grip in the snow, but where people have scraped their drives it is slippery!

Now to warm up and have some food!

Xxx

Blimey Murtle, that is some dedication - give me the nice temperate climate of the gym over exercising outside anyday :laugh:

I am sure sometimes that mum thinks I am 12, not nearly 28. I am close with my family, but at the end of the day, these family gatherings aren't compulsary (and if they had had the birthday gathering on his birthday, there wouldn't have been any issues as it was my day off!). Ho hum, not seeing them till tomorrow evening, so hopefully she will have calmed down by then.

Mum thinks I am addicted to the gym, yes I probably am, but there are worse things to have an addiction to :)

Gooster I don't know how you can use a phone on the running machine or bike you must be so fit , I could not even hold a phone on either let alone use it !

I have to ride 6 km in under 12 minutes at a fairly tough ( for me ) level , the last km I am normally a shaking sweating mess who can hardly talk to my PT , he gets a grunt if he is really lucky.

On the treadmill I do sprints and when I walk ( at 7 km an hour ) I do at a very steep incline , again PT gets one word answers after about 8 minutes

I did another Jillian Michael's workout today , I am doing her 90 day program Body Revolution which is really great when you don't have gym access http://www.jillianmichaelsbodyrevolution.com

I wouldn't say I am fit - am used to talking when I am trotting and cantering on Blue, so I suppose that may have helped :)

Had another good session at the gym tonight. Mr G wasn't there, was a bit relieved about that as I don't want him to think I have memorised his rota and am stalking him (which I'm not - I work out in the morning on my Tuesday day off, I do his class on a weds as it fits in with work, and I go on a Thursday after work, which is when he is working). Only 3 more workouts till bikini wearing :biggrin:

Managed to do 45 leg raises with the ball tonight - always used to struggle with those, but managed them ok tonight. My main bug bear is that when I put my hands under my bum when doing the raises, my bones dig into my bum :laugh: I will have toned abs :biggrin: