UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

Well done Murtle. That's brilliant :cheer: 6am run?? Rather you than me!!

Enjoy the new gym Gooster. Can't believe it's your last day. That time flew in.

I'm rather pleased with myself. I did 5 miles this morning. She does two mins boosted walking (that's jogging to you and me!!!) at the end of each mile. I think I've found my challenge. I certainly cleared out my sweat glands anyway :jumpy:

well done on your 100 miles Missus Mary Murtle

Jayne , 2 hour session in the gym seems a long time , how many sessions do you do a week ? please be careful you are not over doing it and make sure you are giving muscle groups time to repair between workouts :flowers:

My personal trainer ( marine trainer bloke ) wants me in and out in an hour , mind you at the pace he works me I would not be able to do more , I swear he is getting me ready to sign up

Thanks guys!

Yay Mags, glad you have found your challenge. You'll be running before you realise it!!!

Ha ha ha Sam, yours and my ex trainer may have gone to the same school. If I wasn't crawling out I hadn't worked hard enough!! I remember one session I was so battered and stiff that she used half the session using those foam rollers on me...they were so painful if I had been able to move properly I would rather have done the actual session!! I remembered to stretch properly after that!

I can't Believe you have been gone for a week Jayne...scary how fast time has gone.

I usually do 4-5 2 hour sessions a week and then my 45 minute tone and shape on a Wednesday to break it up a bit. I usually do 15 -20 mins on the cross trainer, 10 mins rowing, 20 mins cycling, then faff in the weights room for a bit, then walk off for 20-30 mins. On days when I am working, I usually do less than when I am off :)

I usually do 4-5 2 hour sessions a week and then my 45 minute tone and shape on a Wednesday to break it up a bit. I usually do 15 -20 mins on the cross trainer, 10 mins rowing, 20 mins cycling, then faff in the weights room for a bit, then walk off for 20-30 mins. On days when I am working, I usually do less than when I am off :)

when you get home try doing the same exercises for half the time at a higher intensity ( not weights ) , I promise you will see a high increase in results in a very short time

On my cardo days I do 12-15 mins on a treadmill ( running at various speeds ) 12-15 on a bike ( again 1 minute fast , 1 minute very fast ) 12 minutes on a cross trainer uping the level every 2 minutes and 5-7 minutes on the rowing machine ( high level very fast )

I never do the same workout twice in a row ( really important to allow you muscles to repair if you lift weights ) , I have upper body , lower body , cardo , rest day , upper or lower , rest day Personal training.

Does your gym do free personal training sessions ? why not get one with Mr G :) :) :)

Another 5 miles this morning :)

Well done you :)

Well done for persevering Vonny - don't worry that what you are doing is different to what others do - so long as you enjoy it and it seems to be helping you, that is the main thing :flowers:

My main issue with increasing the intensity of my exercise would be whether my body would cope with it tbh. I am already a minging sweaty mess with what I do already. I do have the cross trainer on cross train mode a couple of times a week, where I do it for less time, but it nearly kills me! I don't do running on the treadmill as I have curvature of the spine, so running on the treadmill puts too much concussion on my joints, whereas a decent walk on a gradient seems ok. With the rower, I do the first 500m on a low resistance, then increase it to a high resistance for the next 1k and then drop it down if needed for the last 500m. I try and do 2k in 9 mins, most of the time I manage it, other times I just miss it.

My gym doesn't do free personal training sessions, I think they are £25 for an hour 1 to 1.

I know what you mean about not working the same muscles every day, when I go on a Wednesday, I do no cardio, just my class. Then on a Thursday, I do very little in the weights room, as my body will have had a hammering from the class the previous day. I just wish I could do more classes, but the ones I enjoy aren't at times convenient to me (fitball is one of my favourites, but that runs on a Friday at 5pm and a Tuesday at 6pm, both times I am either at work or the farm :rolleyes: ).

Decided to break myself in gently at the gym today - Mr G had other ideas... I usually use 3kg weights for split squats and stiff leg dead lifts, but as I haven't done them for a week, I figured I would use 2kg today. He was watching me and then appeared with 5kg for me to use :laugh: :unsure: They were ok actually, but only did 3 sets of 10 instead of my usual 3 sets of 15 :)

Decided to break myself in gently at the gym today - Mr G had other ideas... I usually use 3kg weights for split squats and stiff leg dead lifts, but as I haven't done them for a week, I figured I would use 2kg today. He was watching me and then appeared with 5kg for me to use :laugh: :unsure: They were ok actually, but only did 3 sets of 10 instead of my usual 3 sets of 15 :)

well done you

Today I have ridden for 45 minutes, mainly in trot with a bit of canter. Now at the gym, but my idea to give more attention to the various leg machines in the weight room was hampered by cramp in my toes of my left foot :angry: Used one machine then had to give up (after taking my stinky trainer off in the middle of the gym and walking around line a Muppet!) Walking off on the treadmill now :rolleyes: