UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Well done Murtle and welcome home :)

Hope you have managed to unbreak the website now Sam :)

Going to pick up holiday tickets today and sort out money to take with us. When me and dad were talking about how much to take, mum had a go at us and told us to stop talking about it. I know she must be feeling a bit left out as she isn't coming, however it was her idea to take dad with me, I would have been happy to go on my own like I did last year. I haven't seen mum and dad since Tuesday, so it's not even like we have been going on about it all day every day :rolleyes:

In other news, weighed myself this morning and have now lost 11 pounds :biggrin: Went to new look to buy some new work trousers as my current ones are huge on me now and both the 10 and 12 were too small :angry: My current work trousers are a 12, so there is no way I was going up a size when I have lost weight :laugh: Think I will stick to skirts as they seem to suit my figure better :)

Afternoon. All the Xmas stuff has been taken down boohoo

Hope website is now sorted Sam

Whizzie it's very normal to be feeling scared about a new business venture. I get like that. I think you will do very well. The house is in a lovely spot

Sizes seem to be different from shop to shop. I get my trousers from M & S cos I'm a short arse. I'm struggling to find anything that fits me properly now though as my bum and legs are forever increasing (as that's where all of the new weight is going) but my waist isn't

That's where I hold my weight too - thighs and bum. I have a tiny waist. I just wish Levis did the curve id range in trousers other than jeans. Theirs are the only jeans I can wear that actually fit me :rolleyes: It would be fab if I could get some trousers that are made like that. I am never going to be a straight up and down girl due to my wide hips, dunno why more clothes manufacturers don't take that into account. Not everyone is a size 6 supermodel :)

Just worked really hard at the gym - am knackered now :) Think I was there for about 2 and a half hours :)

I used to be a size 6 short arse, but still struggled to get things to fit as they didn't do many short sizes. now my sizes are all over the place.

Palazzo style trousers I have found to be the most flattering for small waist, big hips/ thighs. I actually fit in them and enjoy wearing them!

I like the curve ID range, but comfortably I need the ones with a touch of Lycra in them as they still don't fit my bum / thighs without gaping at the waist :-( I also have a pair of diesel jeans which fit as well / if not better than the Levi ones if you fancy a change!

This has just reminded me, My sister has booked me a wardrobe revamp with house of Fraser personal shopper and some gift vouchers for Christmas! this would be challenging enough on it's own...but she wants to come with! I don't think I have successfully bought anything in HOF for a few years AND we have such different tastes, she isn't the person you'd want to say yes or no to something! Will be an interesting 3 hours....Eugh...3 hours of solid focus on clothes...odds in for ending up in the pub in 2 hours!!!

• Like 3

LOL at Murtle & the House of Fraser trip.

Well done on the weight loss Gooster.

Thanks for reassurance on my WagTails wobbles - I go in waves with that. There is an enquiry today that is via Angela posting on a labrador forum so hopefully another commission for Oldies if it proceeds.

Sam - we are going so sponsor a sterilisation with some money collected by Mother in Law - will sort that soon.

Website fixed hooray , still loads to do but I have accepted that Dogstar is understaffed and I do what I can when I can ! I nearly drove myself to a nervous breakdown. One of my lovely volunteer vets told me I needed to remember I was just 1 wee woman ( she was scottish ) and I could not manage everything all the time as sleep was sometimes a great idea !

This year I am going to see if there any mad folk who fancy working for free on various parts of the Dogstar Empire :D

Well done on our weight loss Gooster , I have lost 7 pounds since joining the gym in September ( I had put on 10 since I finished SW in March 2011 ) , I am building a lot ( for me ) of muscle so I am less worried about the weight and more the total % of muscle / fat / water which my personal trainer records monthly

Today he made me do various evil things including triceps drips with one leg of the floor and side planks and I only fell over once

Sam - we are going so sponsor a sterilisation with some money collected by Mother in Law - will sort that soon.

oooh thats so kind , our program starts on January 17th and runs ( with some breaks ) to December , we have a target of 1500 operations this year

You can also specify if you would like a cat or dog ( male or female ) and we will email you some photos and info on the animal you sponsored.

oooh thats so kind , our program starts on January 17th and runs ( with some breaks ) to December , we have a target of 1500 operations this year

You can also specify if you would like a cat or dog ( male or female ) and we will email you some photos and info on the animal you sponsored.

Have just sent via BACS & also sent you note in contact form. A dog of either sex please!

Have been on a 2 hour dog walk and my legs ache like crazy, Am so unfit!

Am other in the shortarse group. I usually get my trousers from M&S but I dont like any of their current styles and I desperately need to get a new pair so going to have to look elsewhere.

Hmmm Whizzie, *sticks tongue out* he he he!!

Michelle, I think we like shopping about the same amount!!

I love planks, I hated them when I first started as I couldn't do them and as for suicide planks, I never thought I'd manage them! This year I am trying to find my lower abs, so If any gym bunnies have any ideas I woul love to hear them please!

xxx

Most of the abs work involves crunches etc. However there are a couple of things we do with the gym ball that kills the abs. I usually start off with crunches with my feet on the ball. I then move onto pass the parcel, holding the ball with my legs/feet, lifting it up and meeting my arms in the middle (whilst lying on my back). Then moving ball behind my head and lowering my legs, then I pass the ball back to my legs. Another one is holding the ball between your calves and sitting up to touch the ball, kind of like a crunch. That one absolutely kills.

One Mike told us to do for lower abs was to lie on the ball with our back and bum on the ball. Hold a weight above our head, slightly behind, and then sit up slightly, so that the dumbell goes up (not forwards).

• Like 1

today was the first day this year I have been able to do anything without wilting 10 mins into it so the penicillin, Tesco Chesty Cough Syrup, Steroid inhaler and Lemsip seem to have combined eventually to do their business....

Took the boys and girls over to a friend's place so we could walk round her fields with her dogs - especially the collie because my boys were attacked by one the other day. It came round the corner of the cul de sac off lead, dropped its ball and launched at poor old Jed - who is the one who always get beaten up. He and Bo were on the doubler on my right hand and although the woman was running to get to it the dog kept on attacking and I was feeling so rough I just let go of the boys (because any longer and China and co on my left hand would have joined in poor little Reg was terrified). Very proud of my boys because they chased it off, it was still snapping and trying to get Jed but they just crowded it until the owner was able to grab it (she seemed scared of it). My boys were making lots of noise but no attempt at retaliation -- yet if the tabloids had got hold of it no doubt it would have been a poor little collie intimidated by 2 bull breeds. Of course next day when we were out (due to my illness we have only been on lead walks) the next dog we saw was the other nasty collie which was bouncing round on the other side of the road onlead hurling death threats at them, so luckily today they were able to chase around and have lots of bumping and playing with Deeze (among others). Turns out the collie that attacked has also attacked another dog in the road - her excuse is that it is a rescue dog! Excuse me madame but so are my 5, 3 of them are bull breeds and NONE of them would dream of behaving in that way!