UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Hello again

Back this evening from a short break/job completion trip to WagTails House. I really love it there & find it very hard to leave! We had plenty of wind & rain but managed a couple of lovely walks on the beach without getting wet & sand on the dogs was a welcome change from mud.

Back to mundane stuff tomorrow like washing, cleaning filthy car if weather permits.....dull ut necessary!

Hoping lurgies shift from good folk & land on trolls

Moaning :tired:

I love Pembrokeshire as well and am planning to move there one day. I'd need to wait until the housing market picks up again to maximise the equity in my property as I'd be downsizing, but you can get property cheaply down there. The only issue would be getting a job with a decent salary, so I'd have to think really hard about it.

Good luck on your journey Jazz.

Welcome back whizzie glad you had a good time.

It is sunny, but 4 degrees at the moment, but temperature is rising. Might go for a run to shake the cobwebs out as I only woke up about 20 mins go! (We are an hour ahead of the UK) I was trapped in a dream, which was broken when I was offered a cup of tea and now I can't remember it!!!

I'm afraid I've not read back. But know it's been very long time seen very little.

Been a funny year and a bit for me. An extra black dog crept into the house and I didn't notice. Work was the main culprit, and things bumped along the bottom without me realising. Then someone very special and close to me died in the Spring, and in the same week work became worse, and there was no way anyone was going to improve things for me. I battled on until August, and then was signed off work, and it seemed as if everything I had been holding together now had 'permission' to collapse, to the point where I really struggled to go out of the house on my own, and let all sorts of things go, including my friendly Forums. Much medication later and still offf work until February, and having survived Christmas which I have always spent with my special person, I feel as if there is now the occastional glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel, and I am beginning to realise just how long I have been trailing my black dog around.

Needless to say my two, Tigger in particular, have relished me being at home more, and his snuggles have been excellent additional medecine.

Hope you understand my absence.

Hopefully I'll be around to keep up with your "antics" again.

Hope to be around

• Like 2

Lovely to see you back Mrs B and sorry to hear what a horrible time you have been having. I am glad to hear thing are improving for you and It would be lovely to continue To hear your activities and for you to pop in and be part of a smaller but still very friendly bunch.

Alex I hope you are feeling better-er, you are allowe to do nothing when you are poorly, that's the law!

I have been for a run, just over 2 miles...down hill is not much easier than uphill. Took some lovely pictures (I hope) on my phone though!

• Like 1

Morning. I woke up at 10.10am UK time Mary and that was only cos dratted cough got me again. What is it with this damn thing?

Sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly Alex. It does hang around. Have plenty of rest and don't worry about the house for now. It will only get yucky again.

Maybe lady is having to meet up with the vet or go to see the horse Jazz. Working with a boss who has a few of them I know she has to disappear at odd times and all of a sudden as you can't book vets appointments & people to be around when you want them to be. Can whoever you are helping not bring the dog to you? I'm assuming that's what you're doing. I'm not sure you should be doing all of the things you are at the moment. You need to look after your own health. You have enough on with the dogs you have and your home.

MrsB sorry to hear things have been so bad and hope you are getting a chink of light through now. I remember you mentioning work problems a while ago. Hope they resolve themselves one way or another to your satisfaction soon so that you are not stressed any further.

Welcome back Whizzie. I have been to many parts of Wales but not Pembrokeshire. The pics I've seen look lovely and I can understand you wanting to live there. I adore Scotland but seem to be very nesh and can't imagine being able to put up with the cold up there.

Got tons of stuff done yesterday. Dug out and got rid of some stuff in the garden and chopped some stuff back. Know I shouldn't be doing it this time of year but it's been there for a long time so hopefully will be ok. It is unseasonably mild. Got rid of tons of paperwork no longer needed and filed loads more. Day 2 of that about to start.

• Like 1

Hi Mrs B, lovely to see you back and sorry to hear of your loss and i hope you feel much brighter in the new year

Merledogs, when you have done your housework would you come and do mine as i can't be ars*d either Lol

Jazz, sorry you have been let down again

Jacobean, i hope your cough goes soon

Murtle, i hate even walking up or down hills, can't imagine running up/down one!!

whizzie, glad you had a good time in wales

why is it pi**ing down with rain again??? oh yes i know it is because i have to go out today! need to go and get my blood done (again).... funny it was lovely and dry yesterday but todays trip can't be put off. guess i will be getting wet then!

in case anyone needs to buy anything, sportsdirect are doing free standard delivery today and ends midnight tuesday 1st jan

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about poorliness and cancelled visits.

Hello Mrs B - particularly sorry to hear about your unhappy year. 2012 has been a real rollercoaster for us with highs and lows, beginning with Dad's diagnosis of mesothelioma, the major upheaval but happy result of my parents moving to our village & then us buying WagTails House. At the start of the year it didn't sound as if we'd have Dad here by the end, but we do so have to carry on and be grateful for each day. Say hello to Tigger & Daisy from me but I'll pass on greeting that black dog of yours eh?

Merledogs - it is a buyers market in Pembs, lots of property to choose from. We viewed 11 in Aug & went straight in to buy our favourite. Most of the others we viewed sold but several months later. There are some properties that have been on the market years & if you are willing to put work in (we were not in that position) there are some serious bargains. However work is a major problem - it is that plus looking after my parents that prevents us from moving there. Still, we can visit more frequently now :) Very frequently if we don't get some more bookings!

• Like 1

Hope everyone's lurgy disappears soon, my sore throat had gone this morning, and so far my ears are feeling normal :)

Horses are lovely animals Jazz, but they are never convenient - when Blue was lame earlier on in the year, the number of days I had to beg my colleagues to swap with me for vet visits, horspital appointments etc was incredible. I ended up bribing them with chocolates so they would swap.

Hope you don't get too wet and soggy when you go to your appointment Griff :flowers:

Think my dad may be a bit annoyed with me - he has said this holiday, he wants a day where he doesn't leave the house. This morning when I was on the way out of the house, he ran downstairs and gave me a list of stuff he wanted buying from the shops. I just said I didn't mind picking them up, but mum wasn't having a day inside as well, and maybe she could help. He then stormed back upstairs and said it didn't matter. Grumpy get. No doubt when I get back, I will be public enemy number one - think if I am, I will go home and spend new years at my house with a glass of wine and film. Always think new years is over rated anyway.