UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

That sounds very promising Alex! Good luck for next week.

Glad your heater arrived ok Owl, hope you have better luck finding a plumber than I am finding an electrician. OH said he might as well wait until his appointment tomorrow, but I put a cold compress on his eye and he bathed it with an Optrex eye bath and says it's slightly more comfortable, but his sight is still very misty..he says it's like looking through greaseproof paper (not that I've ever tried.) He certainly won't be back at work next week unless things improve dramatically, he can't read a computer screen, and that's his job. :unsure:

ooooooooo Suzeanna, that doesn't sound good, i do hope they sort him out tomorrow!

Owl hope your plumber can come soon, i hate it when the boiler packs up here.

Jazz, do you think the offer of a donation would help? seems daft if he is at a loose end and you are in need.... hope you get it sorted out and i hope lewis has nice weather for the V festival

Just had great news............... nan is home!!!!!!!!!!!! she is very tired but happy to be home and her 24 hour carer is there so just said a quick hi to the lady then had to call the hospice as my brother ordered sweets to be sent to my nan and they haven't arrived yet so i have just told the staff to help themselves.

• Like 1

I have a regular plumber who is pretty good and lives quite close. He is putting the heater into the water system on Mon afternoon but I have to find electrician to wire it up. Need one anyway to wire new hob in and replace outside light. Only one ring out of 4 on the old hob now works. It's been a bit basic here for a while.

Fingers crossed for mummy Griffalo :flowers:

Given that I'm about to be redundant I have switched the dogs from Arden Grange to the cheaper CSJ stuff, which they've had before (Champ and That'll Do). Obviously their pallets are now too sophisticated though because they are really not enjoying their food. Timmy quite literally takes a bit and spits it out and then eats is just cos he's hungry. I've taken to mixing some Arden Grange tins with hot water to make a 'soup' which I then soak their kibble in before feeding. I've just ordered them some CSJ command performance with salmon as it's wheat gluten free and salmon is good for skin conditions (Timmy is an itchy baby at the moment cos he's allergic to all sorts).

I also made the mistake of going onto the Zooplus website and in addition to some naturediet I've bought them lots of yummy treats so they are going to be spoiled babies for a while :wub:

• Like 1

thanks for the good wishes for my mum, i will give it an hour then rign to see how she is, i am worn out... i had to get to town to fetch some stuff and now i'm shattered, will deffo get a taxi to the hospital!!!

Owl, sorry to hear your weather isn't suitable for tracking the missing dog,lets hope tomorrow is more suitable.

Merledogs, your dogs sound like my pair and my cat, the looks of disgust i get off them when i try and change something, although i am currently in their good books as i got them a kilo of rabbit ears which they are absolutely mad on and so far no ill effects! for timmys skin what about evening primrose oil and vitamin e???

Hope your mum's op goes well Griff.

OH went back to the eye clinic this morning..saw an opthamologist rather than an optometrist this time, and has been signed off work for two weeks, when he has to go back to the clinic. He's got two different lots of drops, one to be put in 3 times a day, one four, and ointment to go in six times a day. I think I'll go into Ann Summers and get myself a nurse's uniform! The doctor said he has a very large severe abrasion..lord knows how he did it.

Oh Dear Suzeanna, i do hope the new treatment sorts him out...... you would think you would feel/know if you had managed to hurt your eye, perhaps he did it when he was asleep???

my mum has had her op!!!! she rang me up before i even had chance to call the hospital Lol........ she had to fight to get the op done though, the div doing the op came round and said he thought he would just do the arthroscopy instead... (this is what they did to me when i was due a major op and if i had the op i was booked for i wouldn't be in such a bad way), she went mental at him and told him no she was having the partial knee replacement she was booked for end of story, he kept trying to put her off and she explained that i am ill and she had sorted everything around this operation and the surgeon had told her if she had an arthroscopy she would be back for a partial knee within 12 months so the chap says i will have to have a word with him.... my mum said even better send him in here and i will have a bl**dy word with him! Lol needless to say she got the operation she had been booked for, the other patients who were due in for operations today were turning up and there were no beds for them so that explains why they called her in early, at least it is done now...... i haven't been feeling well for about a week and didn't dare say anything as she would have cancelled the operation so at least i can stop pretending to be o.k now ......... too late for her to do anything Lol

! for timmys skin what about evening primrose oil and vitamin e???

Tried lots of stuff. He's allergic to dust mites, fleas, pollen, grass, nettles, yada yada :rolleyes: He's having a bath in Malaseb this weekend, which won't make me very popular.

Good for your mum standing up for herself and for you I hope you feel better soon :GroupHug:

Suzeanna - glad your OH got seen and sorted properly :flowers:

RMF : I have a pizza in the oven - Sainsbos stonebaked ham and pineapple with extra goats cheese, chorizo and mozzarella - yum. I'm having it with a bottle of Cidre.

Glad OH's eye got proper treatment, suzeanna. I'm speechless at griff's mum having to fight to get the op she had been told she should have and was booked for.

Rain cleared up so we did get a walk and tried out new Ruffwear harness which is very good. On the way we stopped to get fuel. The first pump was out of use, so I sat and waited to move on to the next. The driver of Land Rover in front, young macho guy, was chatting to a friend who was filling up on the other side, saw me waiting but didn't move. I thought he must be waiting for a passenger who was in the shop. Waited a while, he kept looking at me, then the attendant came out and spoke with him and the guy argued then followed him into the shop and paid. Came back glaring at me nastily and curling lip, drove off. I filled up, paid and got an apology from the attendant. He had asked the guy to please come and pay and move on as a customer was waiting and got some lip from him. The guy's excuse was that he didn't think I wanted to move up to his pump as he assumed I couldn't drive. He had seen me drive in, I was sitting in the driver seat, did he think the van drives itself? Or maybe Wispa operates it by remote control from the back? The attendant was a sharp-tongued South Walian, so the idiot was doubtless angry with me because he got a right earful. Sometimes folk baffle me.

• Like 1