UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

Morning all

Suzeanna, hope your hubby feels better soon. Jack damages his cornea from time to time. If he knocks it, or gets something in it, he will scratch until it is blistered! It should heal in it's own time, but it is a nightmare trying not to scratch it while it's healing.

MArion, hope the pie was good

Griff, glad you have a bit of company for the chemo, and no wonder the nurses hugged you, that was a very nice gesture

Alex, you have a lot on your plate right now, but you are stronger than you think. You have Fugee power behind you, good luck for the interview on Thursday.

Three years ago today, Spike went to sleep and never woke up. we still miss the big fella, he was a true gent.

• Like 1

Marge :GroupHug:

Thanks guys. I'm just overwhelmed with the whole situation of facing redundancy, not having a job to go to (mortgage, bills, etc) and the amount of stuff I have to research before the interview on Thursday, which will be a competency based interview so that's something else I'm going through and having to write copious notes on. I haven't had an interview in about 9 years so I'm very out of practice, plus I am worried I won't give a good impression. I've also got to get my head around what this company does because it's not straightforward and I don't want them to think I haven't done my homework on them (but I don't reallly understand it all). Couple that with the fact I haven't had a decent night's sleep in ages and HR stressing me out, I am just feeling like I can't cope and want to crawl into a corner and stay there.

I am trying to compartmentalise everything and concentrate on one area at a time in order to try and make it a little less overwhelming but it's hard when your brain is mushed.

Edited by merledogs

Thinking good thoughts for you, Alex.

We are having a quiet day with very tired Wispa who spent yesterday eve tracking a jet-propelled patterdale x jrt pup who had been clipped by a car and kept running. It was something of a challenge as pup had been through all kinds of places we couldn't and Wispa had to find ways to get us through by a different way and still hold on to the scent. Pup had also crossed a broad stream by a weldmesh footbridge and Wispa hates those. Pup's owner walked across first then Wispa crawled across on her belly with nose glued to the scent, hooking her claws into the mesh as if she were climbing it. Eventually we ended up round the back of a textile mill and were about to head back to the main road when we got a call that pup had been picked up safe on the road just ahead of us. So tracking was spot on even though in the end we weren't needed. Pup doesn't appear to be hurt, she shot into her home and flew round the living room without touching the floor. I was sitting there and she ran up my arm, jumped on my head and ran down the other arm. Her staffy sister tried to follow but was prevented or I might have been concussed!

We are booked to track an Italian greyhound tomorrow, goodness knows where we will end up. Possibly up a tree.

• Like 1

Alex, if there is anything i can do to help you, i will :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

well done again owl and wispa... i really do think it is clever what you do

Spike :bigheart3: :bigheart3:

Yantan, according to my mum you just get some mashed up potato with or without milk and butter depending on how calorie conscious you are, some cooked leeks chopped up and cheese, mix it all together and put in an ovenproof dish and cook until hot all the way through and crispy on the top (gas mark 6 to heat it up and then turn up to crisp the top)

we had good news this morning, my nan has been granted 24 hour carers which means she can come home!!!!!!! the asessor was gobsmacked that she was awarded the care, we are chuffed

Edited by griff
  • Like 1

Thanks Griff - I'll get some leeks next time the Tesco order goes in and try that. It sounds delish! Great news about nan too :)

Alex have you ever tried Valerian to help you sleep? It's a natural herbal thingy available at health food stores and I think some chemists keep it. It's worked for me in the past.

Alex, you are doing fine! Remember, you can ask your bank if you can have a mortgage holiday if things ever get that bad and MSE will help you reduce your costs to next to nothing. BUT you might not be allowed to buy more plants for a few days.

It is ok to not fully understand something about a company, but don't try and bu11shi7 them, ask questions in the interview. Sensible, well thought out questions can show that you are intelligent enough to have thought of them and clever enough to ask them. If you want to be clearer, could you cold call the company and pretend you are interested in their services and see if they could just explain something to you to help you make a decision.

I have the opposite problem on sleep, I get too much and need motivation to get going at the moment, so I will wish you a very peaceful and restful night sleep for the next few nights at least.

You'll be fab Alex - honest xx

• Like 2

Hugs to those that deserve them, those that need them and those that just plain want them! xxx

My daughter is 27 years old, always had a job, had good cars since she was old enough to drive that she has paid off without problem, has savings, has ISAs but because she hasn't got a credit rating she and her partner can't get a joint mortgage - even tho he has one for the house they are living in!! So frustrating because they had found the perfect property! She now has a credit card to build up some sort of rating!! There is lots of talk about Australia as they both have qualifiations that would open doors - I do hope this doesn't tip the balance. I wouldn't (couldn't) stop them but that would break my heart..... BUT we'll not think about that just yet!!! :)

My Ex came round yesterday and planted some laurel bushes in my garden for me. I am left with about 10 homeless laurel bushes..........is there a 'Shrub Rescue'???

Loo, sorry to hear your daughter can't get a joint mortgage, must be very frustrating for her.

Just had the news my nan can come home on thursday!!! she still hasn't discussed arrangements for when she has passed away and none of her kids will talk to her but i don't get how she can refuse to talk about it....... i have just done the complete opposite, i was always an organ donor, sadly now i am not of any use so decided to donate my body to medical science, my mum called a place for me today who couldn't help but gave the number to our local centre.... the lady was lovely but said they only want healthy corpses Lol, she is going to email a few places to see if anyone will want me when i am gone..... she said one of the medical schools might take me so she is sending me out some forms to fill in, glad i take after my mums side who are organised and not my dads side who refuse to discuss anything!

• Like 1