UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

Good morning Merledogs - how's the head???? :)

Happy Saturday to all. It's a lovely morning in Cumbria and I'm off to my Saturday job then my friend is bringing dinner round tonight. If the weather is fine we are going to eat in the garden and make like we are on holiday....Have to stretch the imagination sometimes or it will stop working! Ha ha!!

• Like 3

Head's a tad fuzzy and sore thanks, but I'm going to have a pootling day once I have walked the dogs. I intend to potter in the garden (weather permitting :rolleyes: ) and watch the 'Lympics.

Enjoy your Saturday and hope the weather holds out for you both :flowers:

Marge - do try and find the right people this time :rolleyes:

Anyway, Timmy's giving me that look that says he's pathetic and woeful and only a walk will make it better.

Edited by merledogs

Whispers "Morning all" so as not to clang Alex's bad heed.

My friend in Connecticut and I are planning a good old chin wag on Skype this morning. I can't believe it's almost a year since she came over to have a holiday with me. I'm just thankful that I was still well enough to get out and about with her then and she got a comprehensive tour of the Lake district and the Scottish borders up to and including Edinburgh. She took the photo of Archie in my avatar when we were at Ullswater (Loo's lake nr Penrith)

• Like 1

Had a lovely walk this morning. One of the bullocks was brave enough to let me scratch his head for him (he was leaning into it and loving it) :wub:

We walked right through them this morning - the dogs completely ignored them and the parted to let us through. They really are very sweet :wub:

The farmer who owns them, however, is a different matter. They have put a new fence up to stop the bullocks getting in the cow field, but for some reason they have erected a post in the middle of the stile so it's really hard to climb over. This is a public right of way, so I took a photo and will send it to the rights of way officer.

• Like 1

remember the halifax?

they sent me 2 reminders about freddies insurance, who died on new years day?

The nice man, in customer services, they dont have a compalints department, said he would get me compensation

I got the cheque today

Ill be checking out dishwashers, so if you have any recommendations, please let me know, not proline!

• Like 4

Have one for me Merledogs!!!!!!

just watching the programme on the 2 soham girls.

I didn't watch it...at the time of the murders of those poor girls, I thought Holly's dad was far too keen to get himself in the papers, on tv etc. I don't doubt he was heartbroken but there seemed an unpleasant "wow, my fifteen minutes of fame!" to him. I could be doing the man a great injustice, but that was how I felt at the time...Jessica's family were much less fond of the limelight.

• Like 1

I didn't watch it...at the time of the murders of those poor girls, I thought Holly's dad was far too keen to get himself in the papers, on tv etc. I don't doubt he was heartbroken but there seemed an unpleasant "wow, my fifteen minutes of fame!" to him. I could be doing the man a great injustice, but that was how I felt at the time...Jessica's family were much less fond of the limelight.

I feel the same about the father of the poor boy who was murdered in the Warrington bombs so long ago - Colin Parry. He was/is very self seeking.

We have been treated to thunder and lightning this afternoon - after a group of 5 people left the centre on a one and a half hour pony trek!!! Luckily they saw the funny side (or said they did!!) I think Ullswater will be full now, Yantan!

Moaning :tired:

Did anyone watch the athletics last night? It was utterly utterly brilliant! :pinkie: I can't remember a time when I've felt so proud to be British - first the royal wedding, then the Jubilee, now the Olympics :pinkie: Not only the athletes winning medals but the crowds have been incredible - I can't remember every hearing any crowd signing to the national anthem at any other games or hearing any other crowd quite so noisy!

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 2

Moaning :tired:

Did anyone watch the athletics last night? It was utterly utterly brilliant! :pinkie: I can't remember a time when I've felt so proud to be British - first the royal wedding, then the Jubilee, now the Olympics :pinkie: Not only the athletes winning medals but the crowds have been incredible - I can't remember every hearing any crowd signing to the national anthem at any other games or hearing any other crowd quite so noisy!

I watched it and it was bloody fantastic! The crowds at all events have been fabulous in supporting Team GB but their response last night was something else. I got all goosey.

Team GB did us proud :bigsmiley:

• Like 1