UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

Aw Jazz sorry to hear Ruby's unwell and you will have to forego your dishwasher.

Snow when I sold my holiday house both the buyer and myself told the solicitors to expedite the process - the buyer needed to get his cash into property sharpish to get the benefit of a tax break and I just wanted rid. It took just 5 weeks from the day the property went on sale to the day we exchanged. And I am absolutely certain my solicitor still looked after my interests.

I've just had some more of the bread I baked yesterday. I thought it might be stale this morning as home-made bread contains no additives to keep it fresh but no! it's still fresh and might, if anything, be even better today.

I lined the Dutch oven with some parchment paper to stop it sticking and wrapped the bread in afterwards. I'm wondering if this had anything to do with it staying fresh. Remember when they used to wrap sliced bread in wax paper? Well the parchment paper is quite like that wax paper and more so for having been in the oven.

The only thing I will change next time is not to put so much salt in. I think the recipe called for a tablespoon full and it's just a tad too much for me. I meant to use my lo-salt too but forgot.

Archie isn't too keen on the peanut butter biscuits :( I shall find out today if the other dogs liked them or not but I think it will be back to our cheese n'garlic biccies for the future because it's The Archibald that counts!

• Like 1

Snow, i do hope they can sort your house purchase out easily, i don't know why the heck you can't just sit in an office with your solicitors, and sign.... hopefully you will soon be in your new home and settled and happy

Suzeanna, do make a note of the funny turns you are having, let the hospital know how often what happens etc and look after yourself

Merledogs, good luck today

Houndzrus...... i bet Jack looked just like that as a poopie...... he is sooper dooper cute now but i can imagine him like that as a pup

Yantan, tell Archie.... diez and laney say he should eat all the biccies his mum makes for him.... i am mean and don't bake for mine Lol

Jazz, sorry to hear Ruby is poorly..... i know the feeling well of handing over your cash to the vets.... i have been trying to save for a motorbike for ages now, got the helmet and leathers..... no bike and no bike test Lol, the vet sees more of my cash than anyone else. with regard the dishwasher, is there a charity who could help you out? my friend needed a washing machine and a charity helped her out, not sure where you would start looking but perhaps worth a search on the net.

• Like 1

Snow - I've completed on a house in two weeks from the day I made the offer, so it can be done quicker (but solicitors will drag it out and I was on the phone to them every day nagging) :flowers:

I've had my meeting with the boss. I had booked a meeting room but he said "let's just do it out here" (presumably so he didn't have to face me in private). I was very professional and did the handover meeting, then he asked if I'd walk him to his car and when we got outside all he said was that HR would now be in touch to arrange a one to one meeting to discuss the redundancy. That was it. It also turns out that it was him who instigated the process, not the director, as I had previously thought. He obviously wanted rid of me. On the plus side, because I didn't apply for any of the positions, they cancelled the interviews the other guys had and allocated the roles so they are not now at risk.

RMF : I have a meeting with my boss tomorrow morning. I actually haven't spoken to him for a week, since the meeting when the announcement was made. How spineless is that? Will see how tomorrow goes - I have a sneaky feeling he may send me home on gardening leave and if he does then I've cleared my desk out in preparation.

I think its disgraceful how they have treated you

• Like 2

Merledogs, we can all hope that it will be his turn next!

I may be joining you in a few weeks. My weekday job is with the NHS (not clinical) and due to the restructure the PCT is being disbanded to become a CCG who buys it's support services from the CSS (I kid you not) We are being matched and pooled into new posts but there isn't a new post at my grade........if I don't have a post by October then I'm out. I cannot lie - I've not missed a minutes sleep over it. (The only time I got angry was when my boss said it was easier for me than a colleague whose hubby is out of work and who have a 5 year old child - excuse me - they don't give out benefits for single ladies who live alone! I'm not worse off but I'm not better off either!)

Live is such an adventure!! :bigfort:

Loo as a single lady myself I agree totally with you. I have had that hurled at me at work in the past - "well you are single you don't have a family to keep". I always used to counter with "hey there's two of you to go out and earn but only me to go out and bring home the bacon". That's the reason why Ruby and I teamed up to buy a house and share costs - neither of us could have done it alone.

Anyway Loo I am wishing you the best of luck in the shake up and if the worst comes to the worst I hope you find something better.

• Like 2

Moaning :tired:

Loo - I sincerely hope it works out for you :flowers: I wouldn't mind so much if I was getting a decent redundancy package, but it's only the statutory minimum.

I know it's not nice to wish someone bad, but the HR woman who is making the redundancies is laughing and joking in the meetings and being very jolly about it all, which I think is highly inappropriate given that people are losing their jobs (I'm not the only one, there are some major cutbacks being made). I am going to complain to the HR Director about it. I hope that one day she finds out what it's like and that it wipes the smirk off her face.

RMF : I have taken an executive decision to work from home today.

Edited by merledogs

Morning..10am appt at the hospital to see if this dose is working!

Alex, as well as complaining to the HR director, I'd speak to the woman herself and ask her what she finds so funny about people losing their jobs, with all the problems it could bring them in the future. It may be that she's nervous about what she has to say and is behaving in the wrong way without meaning to.

• Like 1

gosh Merledogs... you are a better person than me, i wouldn't bother doing the work Lol.

Loo, i hope they can find you a job or another job comes up for you.

it is my brothers birthday today, i think he may be coming up tomorrow but not too sure yet, have to wait for the garage to pick the car up today, i am sure you all remember how my parents car got smashed up by the valet parking service a few months back? well saturday somebody ran into the back of them! so the car is off again.... hopefully it will be a wet weekend so we won't miss the soft top too much

Suzeanna good luck with the hospital and make sure you tell them how bad you have been feeling!!!

Edited by griff
  • Like 1