UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jests

merledogs

I think you jolly well deserve a new laptop, griff.

I looked up that disease on Wikipedia, what a stinker it is. I suppose that is responsible for the mobility problems that were diagnosed as something else?

Lol, i wish Owl, no i am extra speshul, i get to have ehlers danlos too, the medical students were having a ball with me as both are quite rare although the ehlers isn't as rare as the wegeners.

the laptop is fabby, really easy to set up and i have done the email accounts myself too..... good job i didn't need help as my brother didn't bother to call and see how i was and still hasn't called, selfish little s*d

I know when my mother had the W.G. (can't be bothered to spell it!) they were baffled because she was bleeding internally from her kidneys, liver etc, also she developed gangrene in her foot and lost two toes, and also lost the tip of one finger of her hand. It took ages for them to diagnose what she had. Funny how your perception of age changes as you age yourself, I was 38 when she died and thought oh well, she was quite old. Gulp...I'm two years older than she was, and I don't feel old at all!

I saw the haematology doc last Friday, they had a meeting about me apparently, and he's taken me off the chemo tablets I was on because of some side effects I was having. He gave me an information leaflet for the new tablets (also chemo) and to be honest the side effects of those sound worse :confused: I could cope with crumbling fingernails and some hairloss etc, but headaches, nausea, extreme tiredness, irregular heartbeat and possible heart attack? erm..this is better??? He's started me on the lowest possible dose and so far, touch wood, I feel ok apart from the headache. I have to go back for more blood test in two weeks, just hope the low dose is doing the trick.

Moaning :tired:

Suzeanna - don't frighten yourself with the possible side effects cos they may not happen. Hope they continue to work at the low dosage :flowers:

Griff - you're a walking medical textbook of rare diseases. Take care of yourself :GroupHug: and happy new laptop!

Birds - don't ya just love 'em? The pigeons and doves are eating me out of house and home. I usually feed them once a day at teatime, but they are queuing up first thing in the morning as well, so am feeding them then. They are also eating the food so quickly that I have to put out second helpings. Love 'em though :wub:

Caught some magpies dive bombing Mia on the garden fence. They were literally right on top of her, cheeky beggars.

• Like 1

suzeanna, i hope your new medication suits you better and that the side effects are minimal, it is a lot to take on sometimes.

Merledogs, we are the same here with the pigeons and doves.... i now buy bird food online at £12 for 20kilo as it was costing the earth buying the small 2 kilo bags from our local market, i either buy from vet uk or hyperdrug and combine with a food order so i get free delivery. it is lovely to see them all waiting on the fence for you and a couple are quite brave and wait on the floor whilst you put the food down.

Suzeanna you are so right about the age perception. I remember going to Canada as a 20 year old to stay with an aunt who at the time was in her mid 50's. She was a busy lady running around doing this and that and juggling household duties with the demands of a full time job. I remember the admiration I felt for such an OLD lady doing all that. I'm now only a couple of years younger than she was then and realise that being in your 50's doesn't make you old!

I don't think people are old these days in the way people used to be old - if that makes sense? I see my auntie Sheila doing things and behaving in a manner that belies her 79 years and yet that was the age my grandmother was when she died and she seemed ancient in every way.

Suzeanna and Griff you two keep on keeping on. I love your attitudes to your illness and I'm sending you both positive thoughts.

luckily my dad went and cut the lawns for me today..... no sooner did he stop than it began to rain and i don't think it has really stopped for long.

still loving the new laptop, very very fast compared to my other and i love that crumbs can't get into the keys Lol....... the old one is rank and full of crumbs eugggghh

I don't know why, as I'm a prolific reader and enjoy most genres, but 50 Shades doesn't hold any appeal for me...maybe because I've read several critiques that say it's very badly written, and badly written books irritate the hell out of me! :D

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Finished reading the 50 shades series, sounds mad, but I am really going to miss 'him'. Thinking about reading them again, I reckon you understand Christian second time around.

I've just started reading it. Only 105 pages in but thinking most women would have run a mile by now. Yes suzeanna, it is badly written, but a friend at work has banged on about it so much that I had to get it.

RMF : My new Samsung Galaxy phone has packed up. I've had it less than two weeks. Grrrr.

one of the ladies in hospital was reading 50 shades of gray,all the nurses were on about it too, i might give it a read eventually...will wait and see what you lot say, i read crime thriller type books on the whole.

Merledogs, was your phone an upgrade or can you take it back to the shop??? damn inconvenient.

Drs today, stitches out and a big chat about m,e a huge list of medication i need adding to repeat list and i guess a few suggestions on how to look after myself properly.

still no sunshine here